Anister

How modded is your KSP?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. How modded is your KSP?

• Vanilla
    • Stracciatella
    • Chocolate
    • RAM-Toaster

My KSP is normally more like chocolate. I play with part packs and some of the mods like Kethane and the realism mods. But I don't normally play on RSS. However have played RSS and I have a save file. Unfortunately for some reason .90 doesn't work with more than a few mods for me so I am only using a few mods at the moment.

My own mod list grows and shrinks depending on what I'm after. It's going to shrink considerably with 1.0, I suspect, but some mods are pretty much assured. Right now my mod list is: KER, FAR, KAC, TACLS, RealChutes, Karbonite, ScanSat, RemoteTech. Only the first four regularly make it into my installs, and FAR probably won't after the next release unless the aero overhaul in 1.0 really doesn't do it for me.

Let's see... this is from 0.25 as I never really played 0.90 and waiting for 1.0

B9_Aerospace (4 parts, including my favorite, the truck cockpit M27)

BoulderCo (Clouds, but no city lights... Kerbals live underground !)

Engineer (Kerbal Engineer)

EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

FireSpitter (1 part, a repurposed electrical propeller)

IonHybElec_Pack (rebalanced for my end-game motherships)

kommit_nucleonics (best 3 Nuclear engines in the game, balanced too !)

KOSMOS (3 parts, solar panels)

NearFutureSolar (1 part, solar panel)

ORIGAMI (2 new dishes)

RemoteTech

ScienceAlert

SurfaceLights (3 parts)

I had science containers at some point, but I really wanted to store my science in the large science lab... Since I could not, and didn't get response from mod-designer, I removed it).

Kerbal Alarm Clock

Kerbal Eningeer

EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

DistantObject

Procedual Fairings

HotRockets

Chatterer

DMagic Orbital Science

Enhanced Navball

Transfer Window Planner

My mods lean more to gameplay enhancements rather than parts overload. Mostly happy with stock parts. Tried downloading some parts packs, but wound up acting like the fools that can't decided what to drink at a coke freestyle drink fountain....

erm, i counted 42 including most of the 1st two pages of mods on the curse website and opm and atm(obviously). does that makes me a ram toaster? everything runs fine and ive got 16gb of lovely vengeance ram.mmmmm, vengeance ram.

That 16GBs isn't going to help much with a 32bit game. ;) I'd say your a ram toaster.

I have as many mods as I can and still be able to get about 4-5 launches before it crashes.

I'm thinking of making a linux-on-a-stick install so I can have many many many more mods. I have a 256Gb SSD that I could use for it. Still figuring out how to get the installer to see the external drive though.

The latest game updates have not supplied any items I use but they have reduced my ability to have mods I want so for me the game is less good for the extra features.

EDIT : All without any part mods except proc parts and proc fairings. I'd have some but I just don't have the spare ram even though my machine has 32Gb...

Why have SQUAD not made a version that runs on windows in a lunux shell? (is that the right term?)

Would that even be possible?

Edited by John FX

I have as many mods as I can and still be able to get about 4-5 launches before it crashes.

I'm thinking of making a linux-on-a-stick install so I can have many many many more mods. I have a 256Gb SSD that I could use for it. Still figuring out how to get the installer to see the external drive though.

The latest game updates have not supplied any items I use but they have reduced my ability to have mods I want so for me the game is less good for the extra features.

I just split my 256Gb SSD into 2 partitions, and dual boot. I also have a HDD for shared files though.

EDIT : All without any part mods except proc parts and proc fairings. I'd have some but I just don't have the spare ram even though my machine has 32Gb...

Why have SQUAD not made a version that runs on windows in a lunux shell? (is that the right term?)

Would that even be possible?

Yes, it's possible. You'd need a virtual machine though, so it would have access to all the OS functions it needs. https://www.virtualbox.org/

Whatever it counts as Stracciatella or Chocolate, it's still causes RAM crashes, despite ATM set to Aggressive.

000_Toolbar
ActionGroupManager
ActiveTextureManagement
AviationLights
B9_Aerospace
ConnectedLivingSpace
CrossFeedEnabler
DefaultThrottle
Diazo
Engineer
FerramAerospaceResearch
Firespitter
JSI
Kalculator
KAS
KerbalScienceFoundation
VesselView
ModStatistics
TurboNisu
TriggerTech
TacFuelBalancer
SXT
NASAmission
NearFutureConstruction
NearFutureElectrical
NearFutureProps
NearFuturePropulsion
NearFutureSpacecraft
notes
NothkeSerCom
PreciseNode
ProceduralFairings
Protractor
RCSBuildAid
Romfarer
SCANsat
ScienceAlert
Squad
SurfaceLights
_MY_CONFIGS
toolbar-settings.dat
ModuleManager.2.5.9.dll
ModuleManager.2.5.13.dll
LICENSE
ModuleManager.ConfigCache
ModuleManager.ConfigSHA

P.S. Do not forget to remove old MM ... how it got there?

There is only 2 standalone parts from SXT, and only camera and docking cam from Romfarer's Lazor

EVE. KAC. That's it.

I installed KJR once upon a time, but I found that it SO MAGNIFIED the "phantom forces in Mun orbit" bug that it effectively gave my Munar low-orbit station a Kraken-drive that would (seemingly at random, but likely related to station attitude while it was loaded and physics running) either drop it plummeting onto the Munar surface or fling it out onto an escape trajectory. So I deleted it and have just struggled with rubber space stations ever since.

I prefer living on the edge of KSP's RAM limits. Currently, I'm having a really hard time getting the B9 pack to load with Astronomer's visuals and all my other mods. I think I'm spending more time installing mods than actually playing...

Feels good to know that I'm not the only one...

KAC

KER

MJ

Procedural Fairings

And that's it. I messed around with FAR, but the inability to land even remotely close to where I intend to and it making aerobraking into orbit pretty much impossible even with the addition of yet another mod, I trashed it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.