For crafts that don't deserve a thread. [SHOWCASE]

Hooray! I've been waiting for a thread like this for a good long while.

Here, take a look at this thing I made recently! It's a plane, and it's not very large. Jeb seems to enjoy it though.

uPfxehC.jpg

I may well post loads of things on here in the near future... most of my craft don't merit their own thread, but they do deserve at least a wee bit of attention. :)

-Upsilon

Hooray! I've been waiting for a thread like this for a good long while.

Here, take a look at this thing I made recently! It's a plane, and it's not very large. Jeb seems to enjoy it though.

http://i.imgur.com/uPfxehC.jpg

I may well post loads of things on here in the near future... most of my craft don't merit their own thread, but they do deserve at least a wee bit of attention. :)

-Upsilon

YAY! This reminded me of my Micro shuttle I showed in your mini shuttle thread. The cuteness knows no bounds!

2014-12-15_00008.jpg

2014-12-15_00015.jpg

2014-12-15_00018.jpg

2014-12-15_00019.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/G1ZO9#0

Random planes replicas, made in stock+TweakScale+some random cfg edited by me (mostly landing gears upscaled to fit better the designs)

Wow, those are nice! My favorite is your F-15.

This thread is for crafts that you think are good, but don't deserve a thread here.

I have 1:

http://i.imgur.com/4dey4Yz.png

Do you have any?

Is that an SR-71?

I'm very proud of my F-15s too, cuz are the latest addiction and the most refined of the whole serie (I managed to give to them also the little rounded part near air intakes).

I could go for more stile also for the other ones, but I'm playing on a pretty, old, laptop without RAM and my point is to have some real life resembling craft, avoiding too much parts (pictures show the part counts, that ranges for a very low 38 parts -Typhoon- to the higher 86 for the F-15 MTD) to let them also fly and do not crash my game :D

Those are amazing!

Your "Don't deserve a thread" are most peoples' masterpieces!

- - - Updated - - -

For that matter, Majorjim's and UpilsonAerospace's are too.

Hmm, I might have some pics buried somewhere...

Dunar One is the first and only mothership I have ever built. Unfortunately I built it so large the framerate made flying this craft impossible. Plus, I did not know about Delta-V or the Trust-to-Weight ratio when I constructed this spacecraft, so this thing may not be able to get to Duna anyways.

A4lQ4hJ.png

This little plane here is one of the two spaceplane designs I have ever gotten into orbit and back to Kerbin. This one here is my first, and I absolutely love the design.

ev7YpkM.png

This craft I built a long time ago around 0.22, and it stands as the only working VTOL I have ever made. The cmplexity always gets me. I should get back into KSP, shouldn't I?

:P

U4sZgtl.png

I once messed around and wondered if I had what it takes to land a rover on Duna. I built this rover here, and I successfully got it on Duna.

vL8R32r.png

My first legitimate interplanetary journey was undertaken with ym craft named Starreach one. The Delta-V requirement were astoundingly overestimated in this craft, so I ended up with teo whole stages still full of fuel when it returned to Kebrin.

ufHtDzS.png

I have a couple that never got a release thread....

Finished it then never actually used it... kind of sad.

zXIXKwK.jpg

a0OhxVw.jpg

coCDfPl.jpg

This Rover.... LSR-1 I have it available for download, and others have used it more than I have... I may download it and put it to use now....lol

KpPRnZS.jpg

Then there is my P-6 science aircraft. I use it for all aerial survey missions.

FfB3aK8.jpg

And this horrible looking fighter... but it has something about it I just like. F-117 Vulture.

ANBv5kI.jpg

It is DAMNED fast, mach 1.5 while below 200m!

These are the poor craft in my inventory that never got much attention. I kind of miss some of them.

Personally I like this one. It is not the most practical or manoeuvrable plane but I think it looks quite good.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Originally it was designed as an entry for the Strategic Bomber Challenge but since it wouldn't have been much better than it's predecessor, the Wraith, I decided not to use it for the challenge. Still, it is one of my favourites.

Wish this didn't have a [stock] tag... I have a bunch of mod things lying around that don't deserve a thread either, but posting them would... start a thread.

Wait, what are you talking about? :D

:D

OK then, some random aircraft.

Active leading edge FAR test craft, looks kinda like a mashup of European fighters somehow; hugely agile.

17032839565_9e766325d1_b.jpg

16825377367_3695a1a85e_b.jpg

Spaceplane(!) it was derived from originally - not SSTO but will get to orbit eventually. Pretty little RF aerospikes.

16845614780_3591cb151e_b.jpg

16825740017_5697350c76_b.jpg

WIP revamp of my old transport aircraft with new B9 wings, think I'm going to redesign the wing completely though.

17032402011_598b2a5a2f_b.jpg

Not quite a replica, just looks that way from certain angles...

16845147868_35b901b38a_b.jpg

16412536453_42ebd6514e_b.jpg

16183008684_058acda2cc_b.jpg

I guess super-heavy spaceplane, although I've seen bigger; added droptanks with engines give it a pretty big payload boost although I think it's going to get a new wing soon.

17008311366_f99813da87_b.jpg

Mining crawler - EPL ore->metal version, the contraption at the back is the smelter. Basic frame is adaptable to moving anything around if it's not too high gravity.

16414076353_8992288bea_b.jpg

I suppose i'd better link this for posterity, although the latest version of FAR seems to have given it massive concussion with the nerfbat, it used to do Mach 4 at 500m in the old one.

17008649196_7bef4a412e_b.jpg

No there are no hidden wings ( I guess the V tail is actually hidden ) and it's all stock parts.

I keep finding random half finished things all over the place, I'm sure there's more odd bizarreness in there somewhere.

Edited by Van Disaster

Well, it's a big rocket(for me anyways) with a mothership on top. Weighs in at 2,400 tons with only 453 parts. Doesn't work quite right yet, suffers from the inability to reach orbit without trying to use the motherships rockets. And the mothership was only equipped with nuke engines, 12 of them... The mothership alone weighs 590 tons. I'll figure it out some time but I thought you all might like a peak at it even if I never quite succeed at making it orbital. The habitat ring is attached to a stock bearing that allows it to rotate freely once in space. The bearing works just fine as long as the mothership does not dip into atmosphere.

rotatinghabitatringmothership1_zpsyavhg0ys.jpg

Well, it's a big rocket(for me anyways) with a mothership on top. Weighs in at 2,400 tons with only 453 parts. Doesn't work quite right yet, suffers from the inability to reach orbit without trying to use the motherships rockets. And the mothership was only equipped with nuke engines, 12 of them... The mothership alone weighs 590 tons. I'll figure it out some time but I thought you all might like a peak at it even if I never quite succeed at making it orbital. The habitat ring is attached to a stock bearing that allows it to rotate freely once in space. The bearing works just fine as long as the mothership does not dip into atmosphere.

http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p685/Jakalth/Kerbal%20Space%20Program/rotatinghabitatringmothership1_zpsyavhg0ys.jpg

Nice one! Rep to you!

I guess I'll put all my station frames in here. That way they can all be in one place.

They are a lot of fun to assemble and will give you plenty of docking practice.

Triangular frame

i5FzEbV.png

Cube frame

xSN3l11.png

Hexagonal frame

aPRMM3h.png

Octagonal frame

fou7Kkg.png

And finally the hex array frame

WtounqW.png

My land skid, a little concept that came from messing with some of the BD labs parts

MuApeVv.png

It went through a few versions, one powered purely by ions, one powered by ions and rockets AND those compressed air thrusters one mod added, but ultimately the biggest problem was the shrinking cockpit glitch

yzZoMGW.png

Y U DO THIS GAME?!

Still, I thought it was cool.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.