[1.3.x][Part] ZOMBIE = Zombie is One More B9-Inspired Expansion v0.7.2 (2017-11-24), S2 decoupler

Konnor

21 hours ago, Konnor said:

I accidentally two new parts, is this dangerous?

SHHVStN.png

https://imgur.com/a/OkEIZ

Lipv0RP.png

https://imgur.com/a/37rYJ

Note: consider this a teaser. There is no new release yet, waiting for B9 to make sure everything works. However, all the stuff is on github, GameData directory from master should work with KSPv1.2 as long as all the relevant B9 textures (and configs for MFT/RF) are present.

well done; oh and b9 updated.

1 hour ago, Deimos Rast said:

oh and b9 updated.

Right, thanks. And it did make sense to wait, tank types in Fuel Switcher configuration changed a bit.

So the new release is up, first post updated. I need to apologise for forgetting to include an internal space for Mk1 Crew Cabin back when it was released. Now it should be there. Its external appearance also changed because bac9 completely overhauled his Mk1 fuselages.

Also, this release will break saved crafts because of changes in part names (had to normalise naming, and this also allows my parts to be subject to B9 MFT and RF configs, which nicely determine tank volumes from Fuel Switch definitions). It is not really hard to fix existing saves (can help if anyone has trouble with that), but I don't know if it is an issue at all for anyone.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Anyone know if there are tweakscale cfgs out there somewhere for this mod?

Ive made a TW cfg for the MK1 crew body part 

Edited by ISE

Hi @Konnor
it is awesome to see this mod still running. :)

Is there any chance of those parts happening?

On 1. 6. 2015 at 5:21 PM, Konnor said:
On 1. 6. 2015 at 3:49 PM, ZewelVonLelek said:

Nice :)

Is there a chance for larger S2 expansion after you finish the cockpit, with parts that bac9 finds redundant, such as S2 "emergency" decoupler, Mk.2 to S2 adapter or short service bay (0,5m or 1m long, basically quarter or half lenght of current S2 cargo bay)?

I've been thinking about adapters myself (S2 to 1.25m or Mk2) so yeah, maybe I'll try that. It is a way to minimize part count, even if by mere 1 part. Can't promise, though.

Smaller cargo bays seem relatively easy to pull off without additional textures, so also possible.

As for decoupler  not sure; i'd need to find an appropriate texture in the pack; there is a 1.25m decoupler IIRC, but it will probably end up too stretched if I reuse it for S2.

Edited by ZewelVonLelek

• 1 month later...

Oh hi. Got distracted by real life again, sorry.

On 15/05/2017 at 2:30 PM, ZewelVonLelek said:

Is there any chance of those parts happening?

Sort of. I have a model for S2 to Mk2 adapter somewhere, and I really want to make a decoupler so stay tuned. No immediate plans for smaller cargo bays for now.

On 09/05/2017 at 5:34 PM, N3N said:

Will it be available via CKAN?

CKAN, and Tweakscale for that matter, were out of scope initially. Never used either, so no idea how to handle the support. I would imagine CKAN people could add the relevant index files for the mod, after it has only one well defined origin point (github repository). But I don't really want to manage these definitions myself, or host them in that repository.

On 09/05/2017 at 3:22 PM, ISE said:

Anyone know if there are tweakscale cfgs out there somewhere for this mod?

None that I am aware of... Can you share your config for the crew cabin?

Also, I'd think it's relatively easy to scale the model but what happens to the interior? 2.5m part would have entirely different internal space and crew capacity...

On 09/05/2017 at 3:36 PM, ISE said:

Now I can house kerbals inside my B9 rockets

Hey, it's designed for spaceplanes, you do realise this voids the part warranty, don't you?

...Just kidding.

Edited by Konnor

8 hours ago, Konnor said:

Oh hi. Got distracted by real life again, sorry.

Sort of. I have a model for S2 to Mk2 adapter somewhere, and I really want to make a decoupler so stay tuned. No immediate plans for smaller cargo bays for now.

CKAN, and Tweakscale for that matter, were out of scope initially. Never used either, so no idea how to handle the support. I would imagine CKAN people could add the relevant index files for the mod, after it has only one well defined origin point (github repository). But I don't really want to manage these definitions myself, or host them in that repository.

None that I am aware of... Can you share your config for the crew cabin?

Also, I'd think it's relatively easy to scale the model but what happens to the interior? 2.5m part would have entirely different internal space and crew capacity...

Hey, it's designed for spaceplanes, you do realise this voids the part warranty, don't you?

...Just kidding.

Lmao I love B9 rockets, and the cfg is okay, but ya with the internal space, im not sure if I hit it right. 

@PART[B9_Cockpit_MK1_Body_Crew_2m]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 1.25
    }
}

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

these parts are amazing! However there seems to be an issue with the inline docking port and the latest B9 (for kerbal 1.2.2). You can attach the docking port to the node of other s2 fuselage no problem. However, when you want to attach another part at the docking ports node it does not work - only surface attachement seems to work. The real oddity is, if you flip the dockign port so that the backward node becomes hte forward node it does attach to the front part but the problem at the rear persists. A little ASCIIArt to illustrate this:

S2 -> DOCK -> NOPE
S2 -> flipped DOCK -> NOPE

Cheers

Jens

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/07/2017 at 10:42 AM, jensgw said:

there seems to be an issue with the inline docking port and the latest B9 (for kerbal 1.2.2).

Ok, I'll look into it. Didn't see this problem yet but I might need to update my B9 installation.

The symptoms are reminiscent of incorrect direction for attachment points but these seem to be set correctly in part.cfg. There should be an "ignore attachment directions" option somewhere in the cheat menu, it might help in your case as a temporary workaround...

Edited by Konnor

• 2 months later...

I was not able to reproduce the issue @jensgw reported.Thus the only solution I can offer is to update everything to the latest versions.

And speaking of latest versions, I've published another release on github. Exactly one year after the previous update. Not much of an update really, just one new part, the S2-Mk2 adapter.

Next planned thing is S2 decoupler.

• 4 weeks later...

Screw this, we're outta here!

(C) Jebediah Kerman during flight-testing

4aNBENH.jpg

So, here is the decoupler. It turned out entirely different than I originally imagined, but I like this idea more. It is passable (for Connected Living Space), blends in with S2 body,  and has some internal surfaces to attach separation motors, parachutes or maybe some science stuff.

Please note that explosive node is top, like in stock decouplers: by default it will remain attached to the ditched stage, whereas on the screenshot above it is simply rotated. There is currently no indication of the direction, and no explosive effects, I'll try to add these things in the future versions.

New release is ready, first post updated.

Edited by Konnor

On 25. 11. 2017 at 1:28 AM, Konnor said:

(C) Jebediah Kerman during flight-testing

2017-11-24_19-55-03-615.jpg

So, here is the decoupler. It tuned out entirely different than I originally imagined, but I like this idea more. It is passable (for Connected Living Space), blends in with S2 body,  and has some internal surfaces to attach separation motors, parachutes or maybe some science stuff.

Please note that explosive node is top, like in stock decouplers: by default it will remain attached to the ditched stage, whereas on the screenshot above it is simply rotated. There is currently no indication of the direction, and no explosive effects, I'll try to add these things in the future versions.

New release is ready, first post updated.

Oh, this is exactly what I wished for :3 Awesome job, Konnor

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.