Wll KSP everget its two promised Gas Giants

Years ago (2013), Nova announced in a post that there would be two more Gas Giants (Eeloo was supposed to be a moon of Gas Giant 2) My question after years is: Will the Gas Giants ever be added or is SQUAD focusing on other things?

Early version of Gas Giant 2 (posted years ago):

0fCDzz4.png

I would much rather them make a downloadable 'planet editor' tool than add more planets, and have configs and textures for what would have been GP2. That way the people with crappy computers don't get upset, the modding community can stop hacking, and people can use the planets they want to use.

My guess for GP2 is "not going to happen anytime Soonâ„¢", but then again, I thought new aero wasn't ever gonna happen, so take that with a grain of salt.

Squads are subtle and quick to randomly add features~

I would much rather them make a downloadable 'planet editor' tool than add more planets, and have configs and textures for what would have been GP2. That way the people with crappy computers don't get upset, the modding community can stop hacking, and people can use the planets they want to use.

THAT would be cool. I'd support that 100%. Well, if it was implemented correctly, etc.

I feel eventually they will add more planets, but for the time being the solar system as it is, it's sufficient. I mean, even though most planets are based off of ours, it's not unheard of that a solar system exists with only 1 gas giant and many rocky planets.

I see a big planet update. More easter eggs on existing, and newer planets and moons would be great.

Its not a big factor for current 1.0 release as these are not very important compared to the many stock ingame features that are coming with the full release of the game.

Hands down though mods already have this more or less handled. So it would be great, but not the end of our world if it doesnt ever happen haha.

I remember them saying on a Dev Stream (before Squadcast was even a thing) they had problems with memory and some other stuff and that's why they didn't implement more planets than we have now.

Quick edit: though I hope that is not a thing anymore

Much as I'd love more bodies to visit, I'd rather any planet development time was spent making the current ones more varied and interesting, with more and different things to do at each of them and more Easter Eggs to discover.

This: and from what I've heard, Outer Planets fills the need for more gas planets perfectly if you simply can't wait.

Well, 1.0 is literally right around the corner. I'm not in favor of being all impatient for new stuff when the game is finally officially released, myself. The planets will come, we'll just have to wait.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.