Wll KSP everget its two promised Gas Giants

Honestly? I don't really care about Gas giants.

I mean...you can't land on them and satellites are useless currently so...

thats the trick though. they dont have anything. so squad would be forced to add a handful of moons to go with it. so instead of 1 body to only orbit, we get multiple bodies to land on. Then after 1.0 squad will hopefully add things to do on the surface on all bodies.

I'd rather any planet development time was spent making the current ones more varied and interesting, with more and different things to do at each of them and more Easter Eggs to discover.
after 1.0 squad will hopefully add things to do on the surface on all bodies.

This is my preferred option too.

Much as I'd love more bodies to visit, I'd rather any planet development time was spent making the current ones more varied and interesting, with more and different things to do at each of them and more Easter Eggs to discover.

This is basically my answer.

Honestly? I don't really care about Gas giants.

I mean...you can't land on them and satellites are useless currently so...

There's nothing to land ON for gas giants anyway, theres no 'land' either.

Well, technically there would be the rocky core in the depths, but you'd have to get past the metallic hydrogen sea first and the pressures down there are immense, beyond that of even the deepest parts of the ocean.

• 2 months later...
I would much rather them make a downloadable 'planet editor' tool than add more planets, and have configs and textures for what would have been GP2. That way the people with crappy computers don't get upset, the modding community can stop hacking, and people can use the planets they want to use.

Hmmm...I'll make an online one.

How to use it:

Select your platform. (Kopernicus or PlanetFactory)

Use sliders and tick boxes to make your planet.

Raise and lower land.

Paint your planet.

Click "MAKE PLANET" and get given a link to the download page for the plugin AND the completed mod.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.