[1.0.2] Moon Rocket from TinTin, Single Stage Mun Landing and Back! [0.3.0]

xxhansonmaxx

Why 0.24.2? That's a really old version of ksp... Just get the latest version off on steam

Well, he/she probably wants to run it with other mods that aren't compatible/updated to the latest version of KSP. But since it is a parts mod, it should run just fine unless Squad has changed .cfg files since 0.24.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ã€ÂCombined the wing, RCS, engine and the fuel tank into one part】,Can the parts separately, as before, to assemble their own, the combined components is not easy

• 1 month later...

nekark I didn't put collision in the fairing

Jumpyyoza I might make another RCS section with no RCS but a cargo bay where u can fit rovers

I'll have to skip to 1.0 for the next update and put it in the release section, I'm working on a lot of other mods and I've got IRL stuff going on.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On ‎10‎/‎04‎/‎2015 at 1:42 PM, tater said:

I don't see the RCS in the comic.

Some cool images I found, though:

mpvGyIR.jpg

This shows it with a NERVA:

tumblr_n1ktewXb6t1r46py4o1_500.jpg

Command pod area:

rocketmodel_thumb.jpg

the rocket must be massive, since the command pod is THAT big!

On ‎6‎/‎04‎/‎2015 at 0:49 PM, skykooler said:

In the comic, the rocket has an efficient enough nuclear engine that instead of going into orbit they just burn straight for the moon, accelerating halfway there and then decelerating the other half. I wonder whether this could have an option for a similarly efficient engine.

my first mun rocket carried a small probe and was MASSIVE, as I burned straight for the mun. that rocket from tintin would have to be around 5 times as big.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Aw, It's a shame this mod is no longer continued. :( @xxhansonmaxx

I manually installed it on 1.2.2 and works perfectly until it reaches 2km height. Don't know why, it causes a huge framedrop at that particular height. From 60fps to 15fps. Might be the aero effects kicking in (wich are not visible). But then the low fps persists in orbit.

I could share my logs. But I'll need some instructions, I'm kinda newbie in the mod scene. Here is my mod list.

Edited by pocolaton

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.