Sign in to follow this  
Horizon

Valkyrie Project

So, you decided on maybe releasing the parts so other people can figure out the problem? I really want this so bad! :)

Bad news guys, Since the KSP 15.2 update, the MuMechLib plugin in combination with the tiltrotor part are causing an incredible amount of lag to the point where the game isn\'t playable. If I remove MuMechLib from the plugin folder, the lag problem is fixed but the tilting engine obviously won\'t work.

I liked this plugin because it allowed the player to precisely adjust the tilt of the engines instead of simply toggling between 2 set positions, but I guess we\'ll have to find another mechanism.

sorry for the delay once again.

A pity. Have you talked to r4m0n about him perhaps taking a look at the Valkyrie and seeing just where the issue is occurring?

so hows it coming since ksp updated

well, he hasn\'t said anything for a while, so, sadly, I\'m going to have to say that this is dead..... and it had potential too.

I hope its not dead it would be such a sweet lander and orbiter

I guess its pretty hard to stabilize it in vertical descent, isnt it? The four hover engines its pretty far away in a back from center of mass. There could be some kinda addition engine right under the cockpit, but i dont know for sure.

P.S. If you need some help on modelling and texturing, you can count on me =)

Edited by quadro7f

Oh god.. Last post was 2 months ago ! I am getting bored of these necroposters.. At least you are new here .

Well, i guess this project is dead, but i dont know for sure.

If so, then i will take it for my corp. I just need confirmation.

Can you make a one piece version too?

Technically, its almost impossible to make whole fully-functional spacecraft as one single part. And even if it possible - i dont see the reasons for doing that. Isn't it much better to assemble the ship by yourself and modify as you like/need?

Technically, its almost impossible to make whole fully-functional spacecraft as one single part. And even if it possible - i dont see the reasons for doing that. Isn't it much better to assemble the ship by yourself and modify as you like/need?

ok. the reason would be, to avoid a reduction in the frames per seconds because the number of parts

Hey I am a BIG fan of the Avatar stuff and I was thinking you could team up with MANSUR Industries, he has awesome texturing skills and is planning on the project :) keep up the good work

@nikkri this project is likely abandoned. Just look at the date of the last post.

This mods appears to be unsupported, and its maker no longer active on the forum. The thread will be closed now to avoid confusion.