What is Magic Boulder Made Of?

Downside Up

Everyone knows Magic Boulder. That glitchy green-striped gray boulder that orbited Ike (that disappeared ;.;) was a great easter egg. But what was it composed of?

First of all, we need to look at it. http://i.imgur.com/1lk4GRW.jpg

It's a medium-small grey boulder (hence the name) with green, presumably glowing, stripes.

What could it be made of?

It was made of hatred. Hatred towards the rest of the Universe. It destroyed everything that touched it (go see Brotoro's AAR). Finally, when it couldn't bear being near the rest of the system anymore, it quantum tunneled itself out of it - again propelled only by pure hatred.

Common volcanic basalt, with unusually high concentrations of love.
Nova used to be a dev, so maybe we should take his word for it.

Also, the Magic Bolder was the ultimate Pet Rock. That was because the text on the monolith was a reference to Pet Rock, and the Magic Boulder was the ultimate thing.

And since it's now gone, it must have hatched!

Is that why Pol is a glitchy mess of invisible mines?

- - - Updated - - -

I think that the Boulder could be made of a hardened, frozen mass of Mystery Goo... that would explain its strange properties and glowing-ness.

It very well could be. We never saw what Mystery Goo looked like.

- - - Updated - - -

It's obviously made of the remains of all those poor kerbals that magically disappear in grey dust. That's why it's green-grey-ish and magic
It was made of hatred. Hatred towards the rest of the Universe. It destroyed everything that touched it (go see Brotoro's AAR). Finally, when it couldn't bear being near the rest of the system anymore, it quantum tunneled itself out of it - again propelled only by pure hatred.

It might be both. Think about it: If you died in the Kerbal Space Program, you would hate it, as it killed you. It could be dead kerbal dust infused with the hate-filled souls of the dead kerbals, and since they hate the space program, they destroy any ships sent by it.

- - - Updated - - -

Applebee'sâ„¢

Applebee'sâ„¢? Orbiting Ike?

- - - Updated - - -

Well, there have been many humorous answers, but I was looking for a material composition of the Boulder.

(Not to say that anyone's wrong, but they just didn't have the... 'direct' answer I was looking for.)

Unobtanium, Blutonium, Explodium, Urlumium, Plocknium, Wernhernium, Goliathium, Explodium, Propellium, Balloonium, Oxium, platenum, toroidold, batmerrilium, Lithosium, Kolusium, Keomanetonium, Nobleium, unonium, unonnilium, unonbium, antimattium...

*Starts listing whole Kerbal table of elements*

My point is, it's made of everything. That is why it is so unstable. It destroys ships and kerbals that go near it from the intense radiation, and it disappeared because it collapsed in on itself and created a wormhole.

Edited by Rolanvorxariat

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.