what partnerships would you like KSP/SQUAD to make?

Dimetime35c

Just wondering what like companies/groups would you be most excited to see the devs try and partner with? I was really excited when they announced the whole NASA pack. Id love to see them approach SpaceX personally. I think that could be a great partnership both for squad and SpaceX. Anyone else got any ideas? Doesn't have to be a space company persay.

I'd like an expansion of the NASA partnership. They have alot more than just the SLS. Orion could be kerbalized, maybe parts for a Hubble, or James Webb Space Telescope. This page and the links at the bottom of it lead to dozens of potential new science instruments http://www2.jpl.nasa.gov/basics/bsf12-1.php. The 'inflatable bouncing rover landing things' could also become stock. Many more things from NASA.

I think EA or another publisher would be a good partner for Squad.

New aero, now only $5.99. Buy with the Valentina DLC for only $7.99 and save $5!

Internet connection required to play. You must accept the Origin terms of service before continuing.

(More on-topic, more space-agency partnerships sounds ossum. And not just NASA.)

What would spaceX offer to the game of KSP?

Maybe moar parts and "reusablilty" contracts, but yeah, you have a point.

I think EA or another publisher would be a good partner for Squad.

What techmicalfool said.

Internet connection required to play.

..Recommended internet connection speed: 5 Megabytes/s. Lower speeds may cause stuttering for no dang reason since everything is local anyways.

Everyone has high-speed! Nobody has a connection lower than that! Everyone will be able to see Ultra-Super-HD ads in realtime.. right? -everyone who designs interfaces that use the internet.

You can tell i'm bitter about my 120 kilobyte a second internet. :P

Back on topic: i'm not sure about any particular partnership that'd be required for anything. They don't really need a partnership with SpaceX for things like reusable rockets and things, last I checked they didn't copyright the concept. I don't really get the "partnership for sake of partnerships" thing. (shrug emoticon)

More NASA, ESA and SpaceX collaboration would be nice if only for pretty looking parts, new or revamped old ones). EA partnership wouldn't be good for anyone except EA. The community as a whole would fiercely refuse that as a good idea I think. I wouldn't mind telescopes and Rosetta/Philae along with some inflatable heat-shields and bouncing rovers :)

Basically anyone that would be 'inkeeping' with the game and SQUAD's ethics towards the fans and community.

Tweety

I'd like Squad to start a partnership with Chris Sawyer or any other experienced tycoon developer (Colossal Order perhaps?). It would be amazing to have a proper tycoon-based exploration and exploitation career mode instead of the flat, grindy career/science place-holder we have now.

In my humble opinion this would be the best partnership Squad could pursue to make KSP truly legendary.

More NASA, ESA and SpaceX collaboration would be nice

Why just western organisations? What about roskosmos? They´re big, too and they brought the first human to space. (However I would not be sure if they want a partnership)

Stay the .... away from EA, so far they have ruined, corrupted and destroyed every single game I have ever loved and I do not want to see SQUAD throwing in their lot with the evil-....faces of EA.

I don't care if we have to wait 2-3 years more for v1.0, my patience is like a mountain.

EA is friggen evil.

Guys. Nobody is suggesting EA. *glares at Regex for not knowing that people would completely miss his sarcasm*.

I think Squad would be well-served by partnering with USRA (Universities Space Research Association) or ULA (United Launch Alliance). Not sure what benefit they'd get out of it, but maybe they could help squad with the balancing and Science aspects of their game. Those areas need the most improvement.

From a marketing standpoint, Lego. Definitely Lego! I would totally buy a KSP Lego set. Or even what about going all the way and partnering with model rocket companies! How awesome would it be to see your favorite rocket design go up... for real!?

Think about it...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.