what partnerships would you like KSP/SQUAD to make?

Dimetime35c

No love for the CSA? What about CANADARM? Chris Kermanfield? No? :(

They do not want to introduce robotics. :( Even simplest.

And kerbal faces are too simple to show THAT sort of warm smile and wisdom on the face. They don't play guitar either. :(

I'd like Squad to start a partnership with Chris Sawyer or any other experienced tycoon developer (Colossal Order perhaps?). It would be amazing to have a proper tycoon-based exploration and exploitation career mode instead of the flat, grindy career/science place-holder we have now.

In my humble opinion this would be the best partnership Squad could pursue to make KSP truly legendary.

I couldn't agree more. I've spent so many hours in the first few Roller Coaster Tycoon games that I miss that type of addiction now that the 90's are over.

And someone mentioned partnering with EA.... If that were to happen, the game as a whole would decline rapidly in quality to please shareholders.

They do not want to introduce robotics. :( Even simplest.

wrong.... they experimented in 0.23.5 and c7 issued a statement in harv's polar expedition that "we want to do it, but it always ends up being low priority, so it never gets done"

[/off topic]

JAXA.. haven't seen anyone mention them, that nor anything reminiscent of the early non soviet/us space projects (asterix, alouette 1, etc.)

I'd like Squad to start a partnership with Chris Sawyer or any other experienced tycoon developer (Colossal Order perhaps?). It would be amazing to have a proper tycoon-based exploration and exploitation career mode instead of the flat, grindy career/science place-holder we have now.

In my humble opinion this would be the best partnership Squad could pursue to make KSP truly legendary.

I agree about refining the career mode, but not about partnering with other developers. I do not know why anyone would want to partner with EA. Any agreement with EA is only good for EA, like Tweety said. I think parterships with virgin galactic/spacex/roscosmos/esa would be cool too.

Orbital... cause kerbals aren't the only ones who blow ships up on the pad.

SpaceX actually had 3 failed launches in a row before they got their first satellite into space. The Antares succeeded in its first four launches.

Orbital ATK would be a good partner because they build most of NASA's solid rocket motors.

In all seriousness, I would ABSO-FREAKING-LUTELY LOVE a Minecraft/KSP hybrid game. Think all the space travel/orbital mechanics of KSP mixed with the survival/first-person view of Minecraft.

And galacticraft isn't even close.

That's kind of what's Keen SWH is doing with Space Engineers. Space travel and first person survival. It just lacks the orbital mechanics due to being more 'scifi', but that might change if/when planets are added.

It gon b gud.

SpaceX would be amazing. Seems like Elon and the gang are big fans. I really hope we can put mission flags/patches/etc. on fairings. Would look super cool. Especially if we could upload our own designs.

Stop talking about EA or other publishers.

It's bad idea to make partnerships with them, unless you very short on money, and don't mind making a game fit for mentally retarded. And losing all the rights on your ideas and designs.

Don't give ideas to wrong people.

SQUAD is mostly good as is.

They do make mistakes, but game is progressing more or less in the right direction. Like a flimsy rocket with current SAS - making a few loops in the air, nearly crashing into the VAB, but in the end going out of the atmosphere. No one talking about orbit although.

We don't need to talk about partnerships.

What we need to do is consolidate our wishes about final game, and push SQUAD, gently, into fulfilling them.

Once a thread not enough for you? :D
Dude, Squad could leverage that partnership for incredible market exposure and then sell the franchise, cashing out for obscene sums. They're already rolling in the bread from early-access sales, might as well get some cabbage while they're at it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.