What will you call your first 1.0 craft?

katateochi

"Untitled Space Craft"

That'd be the same as mine. It's not until I get a sufficient amount of science that ships start getting names.

Edit: It just occurred to me, but given this is 1.0, they could change things in such a way that you need to give ships a name (or at least think about giving a name). I'd still probably take the default though.

Edited by Merinsan

In order of creation...

"Just Trying To Get Somewhere" - starts good, ends terribly.

"ACTUALLY Trying To Get Somewhere" - ends terribly

"Srsly, Go Somewhere" - almost succeeds

"Screw This" - Catastrophic failure

"Serious Mission" - Sort of fails

"Super Mega Serious Mission" - succeeds

"Super Mega Serious Mk2" - fails miserably

"Blow Up The KSC" - Yep, that totally worked. :D

somehow you remind me of the two spaceX droneships, "Just Read the Instructions" and "Of Course I Still Love You" ;-)

(yes I do know where their names are from).

my first rocket (in the actual game, not some test-rocket) will be named something like single-shot or a similar name, because I want to play it with just one rocket and one crew (modded ksp, MKS/OKS, EPL, and either kolonists or civilian population to grow kerbals off-kerbin). one rocket, anything else needs to be built with resources from other planets.

I shall call it, the U-1ST (United 1 Space Transport). It'll be pronounced "You First". As that's the name that Bill and Bob would vote on for it. Naturally Jeb will be piloting.

My usual for the first launch on a new save is "First Flight", but I think for 1.0 I'll have to be a little grander.

I'm thinking to keep the same thought behind the name, but with a sense of history. The ship's name will probably be Kitty Hawk if manned planes are an option now for first flights; but if unmanned rockets are available at the start now, I'm going with Goddard's Mustache.

I mean, just look at it.

Goddard_and_Rocket.jpg

Death Trap 1. My ships make Uhaul trucks look like security blankets.

(it will probably be "pad science" though, since the first ship I launch usually is just so that Valentina can get out and grab the eva report for the launch pad and "flying over KSC" while she sits on the ladder)

Seeing as how my first few flights will be to test out how the new atmosphere works and will therefore most likely spontaneously disintegrate, I will name those first few flights after all my ex-girlfriends. Or perhaps I'll use the names of some Toronto Maple Leafs who are forever a constant source of amusement!

Go Jets Go!!!!!!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.