Am I allowed to have multiple installs of KSP?

cicatrix

I am not a lawyer, etc.

But the EULA is online at https://kerbalspaceprogram.com/eula.php , and section 1 seems to be pretty clear about letting you keep multiple concurrent installations, as well as backup copies.

Personally, I have the game installed on two or three computers. They're all only played by me, and obviously only one at a time. I'm comfortable that I'm not violating the spirit of the licence. And almost definitely not the letter of the licence either

I think of a KSP license as a "seat" license. As long as only one person is playing it at a time you can do what you like. I personally keep several installs, and in the past I kept my install in my dropbox where it was synced to multiple computers.

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, and I am not Squad's lawyer or employee.

I think it's fine too. I think there's even a plugin on here to expressly support multiple installs, and Squad are obviously fine with that, or they have taken it down. (Unless my memory is wrong, and I saw it elsewhere) anyone know what it is called?

You can have as many installations of KSP on your computer as you want.

You can have a roommate come over and play it on your computer or take it with you to a LAN-party.

What you can't do, is burn the disc and then sell, lend, lease or any other combination therein to other people.

By disc, I am referring to your copy of KSP

I think of a KSP license as a "seat" license. As long as only one person is playing it at a time you can do what you like. I personally keep several installs, and in the past I kept my install in my dropbox where it was synced to multiple computers.

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, and I am not Squad's lawyer or employee.

I hope that sometimes I play KSP with my girlfriend is not licence violation lol ;)

You can have as many installations of KSP on your computer as you want.

You can have a roommate come over and play it on your computer or take it with you to a LAN-party.

What you can't do, is burn the disc and then sell, lend, lease or any other combination therein to other people.

By disc, I am referring to your copy of KSP

It should be amended that any copies of versions 0.13.2 and earlier are free and thus free to share with anyone. Also any demo versions, as well, a new one that will also be coming about the same time as 1.0. Share the demos with everyone!

Per the EULA, "the right to install and use copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT" (bold emphasis mine). It only expressly forbids distribution or rental to third parties. (i.e., people not you or SQUAD).

EDIT: Hardcore Ninja'd

Edited by jlo96

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.