Is Eve a desertic or volcanic planet?

Eve is, as we know, a planet with an incredibly dense atmosphere, and with equally high temperatures. But I'm unsure if it could be classified as a desertic or a volcanic planet, considering how there's evidence for and against either, as I shall lay out here:

Desertic

For:

-The soil is composed of sand, and not of ashes or magma rocks/obsidian.

-It is quite possible that its dense atmosphere caused too much heat to be trapped in it, causing it to degrade into a desert.

Against:

-There's liquids in the surface, which could be anything from fresh water to rocket fuel.

-Since it is a hothouse planet, it's quite possible that Eve could be encased by clouds, which would fit more for a volcanic planet than a desertic one.

Volcanic

For:

-As stated above, a volcanic planet has more reasons to have a cloud thicket.

-The volcanoes could be responsible for deeply increasing Eve's atmosphere and temperature, turning it into a death world. This could mean that Eve might be a geologically-active world.

Against:

-As stated above, it would make more sense for a volcanic planet to have a surface mostly consisted of magmatic rocks, and some deposits of ashes.

-No volcanoes are actually seen.

Feel free to correct me if I pulled out an Artistic License for Chemistry.

Is it possible it can be both desertic and a volcanic planet. I mean the sand could be volcanic sand as on Earth is commonly found on beaches. Probably some areas of Eve is cooled down and allowed volcanic sand and rocks while others are molten and volcanic. The liquid is probably burning liquid sulfur and the light is purple to blue and it gives Eve's purple tint. This is my theory and if you find some problems tell me.

I've always imagined Eve to be more like Ray Bradbury's Venus than either of those options - constantly raining. Rain that bleaches out everything and numbs down to the core. Perpetual rain. Steaming rain. Purple... Rain.

Edited by Cydonian Monk

Is it possible it can be both desertic and a volcanic planet. I mean the sand could be volcanic sand as on Earth is commonly found on beaches. Probably some areas of Eve is cooled down and allowed volcanic sand and rocks while others are molten and volcanic. The liquid is probably burning liquid sulfur and the light is purple to blue and it gives Eve's purple tint. This is my theory and if you find some problems tell me.

For sulfur to burn you need a constant supply of some other oxidizing reactant. Geological processes do not form them. They eat them.

Eve lacks clouds. With clouds, it would be a decently realistic world.

Hmm... interesting consensus. From what it seems, Eve might be a mix of both, but at the same time it might not.

Gee, Eve is sure a confusing planet, no?

I've always imagined Eve as being just like Venus, except purple. Which one is Venus?

Also, I started reading this thread at 14:05 and got to the second post at 16:27. Thanks a lot.

You're welcome! :sticktongue:

As for Venus, I think it is more of a volcanic planet, as it has a LOT of tectonic activity and the atmosphere is completely encased in chemicals normally caused by volcanoes. Truly a Death World.

The volcanos could exist deep underwater like large geothermal vents thus when the gases escape the "water" (gradually so it would not be noticeable) they slowly polluted the atmosphere and the volcanic ash is what makes the "water" opaque and purple. also the sand could be tiny grains of "purple ash" washed up from the ocean.

The volcanos could exist deep underwater like large geothermal vents thus when the gases escape the "water" (gradually so it would not be noticeable) they slowly polluted the atmosphere and the volcanic ash is what makes the "water" opaque and purple. also the sand could be tiny grains of "purple ash" washed up from the ocean.

Interesting theory!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.