[WEB] MKS/OKS Calculator (for 0.22.8) including TACLS resource consumption v0.1 (04/12/15) [WIP]

funk

This is a tool/spreadsheet which relates to the great USI Kolonization Mod (MKS/OKS) by Roverdude.

MKS/OKS efficiency calculation depends on many variables and it's hard to make a rough estimate of the efficiency values of the colony modules before launch. So I've used a Google Spreadsheet for it. As time passed it has been grown and I think there might be some players out there, who like to use it, too.

Essentially the MKS/OKS calculator has two features:

1. Calculate
efficiency
of the different modules

2. Calculating a quasi-steady-state for
consumption, production and balance values
. Either regarding
load values
by user or using linear optimization algorithms for determining bottlenecks, resource volume, input requirements etc. The possibilities are various and depend on what you're aiming for.

You can view it here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17kPF5Tp6kBk-DqCk-VTUXZfjzI8BVzadnhNpz1K78p4/edit?usp=sharing

Make a private copy and feel free to do with it what ever you want.

Short introduction (more will follow):

The first sheet "Colony Overview" has yellow cells, which can be filled by a user to "build" the colony. Blue and grey cells have formulas, so be careful. They're showing different variables, related to the users input.

The second sheet "Real Consumption/Production" has green cells, which can either be filled by a user or by a linear solver. I'd suggest to install OpenSolver Add-on, because it can be used intuitively without complex understanding of optimization algorithms.

The third sheet "ResourceConverter RAW" contains values pulled from the configs of the different USI Kolonization parts.

Because I know you like pictures...
:D
here they are:

I hope these pictures could clarify the features and help to answer some questions.

I'm fully aware that there might be major changes in MKS/OKS with KSP 1.0. I will try to implement these and I've some plans what should be added to the spreadsheet in the future (EPL,Karbonite,USILS,...). I'm open to suggestions.

THX to Roverdude, who is awesome, for creating the USI mods and allowing me to adapt his source code for the spreadsheet.

MKS is licenced under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-SA 3.0) license.

I'm not sure regarding license for the spreadsheet, might be google license :wink: ...

Edited by funk

Please: sheet "Colony Overview", column "P", every calculated cell:

=IF(B25=1,4-COUNTIF(J26:M26,"none"),0)

Wouldn't be correct: "IF(B25<>0..."? Because if B25 is 2,3,... ModCrewCount is 0. (Of course, not only 25 line.)

Also P13 cell:

adjWorkspaces = Workspaces + Overall crew capacity * 0.25,

but rather to "adjLivingspaces" and "Overall crew capacity" it doesn't include "Additional workspaces".

Thank you for this document, it's very interesting!

Edited by kerbiloid

THX for your feedback, I've corrected P13.

For the cells in column B, they only should determine, if a MK*/OKS Module is part of the colony. Therefore the cells have a validitation check for 0 and 1 (now: changed to reject input to avoid irritations). Multiple Modules of the same line aren't counted for. But I'm thinking of adding this function, though I've never had a colony with the need of more than one module of the same line...

Edited by funk

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.