[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

2 hours ago, Windh said:

However, now Scatterer (laterst version) is acting kind of funny. All of a sudden it looks like this:

https://imgur.com/Crn9PBW"

anyone?

I have no idea what I'm looking at. Check the section "How to report Issues" in the OP and make a detailed report please.

On 6/9/2020 at 7:19 PM, SheldonTime said:

I have scatterer version v0.0331b (KSP 1.4.2), and the oceans aren't appearing, and so does the sky!

Is it because of other mods or is it a problem with KSP? Like if I have to verify cache or reinstall?

If it is because of other mods, is there a list of mods that break scatterer?

(EDIT: I fixed it by removing a texture pack for EVE. Which is in my opinion, disappointing to remove. How can I install a texture pack for EVE without breaking scatterer?)

I think you mean a visual mod including a scatterer+EVE config, you have to check with the creator of said configs. However you are using a very old version of KSP and scatterer, so make sure the configs are for the right version.

1 hour ago, alberro+ said:

Does it also appear during flight?

Yes. These "lines" appears when the camera is moved in certain angles.  Up to about Low Orbit.. Up there it only appears as some small flickering here and there in the ocean texture.

Edited by Windh

1 hour ago, Windh said:

Yes. These "lines" appears when the camera is moved in certain angles.  Up to about Low Orbit.. Up there it only appears as some small flickering here and there in the ocean texture.

Hm, maybe try reinstalling? I had those too, but they only appeared in the menu scene.

3 hours ago, blackrack said:

I have no idea what I'm looking at. Check the section "How to report Issues" in the OP and make a detailed report please.

Uhmm, sorry, why did you close my issue on Github?

This appears in KSP 1.9 and the latest version of Scatterer...

https://imgur.com/a/SxjANlG

Edited by Windh

10 hours ago, Windh said:

Uhmm, sorry, why did you close my issue on Github?

This appears in KSP 1.9 and the latest version of Scatterer...

https://imgur.com/a/SxjANlG

Read your own log, it says scatterer 0.0540 and unity 2017.x, you're not on the latest version of anything, unless you uploaded the wrong log... Either way I provided you with solutions:

zji84HN.png

Edited by blackrack

1 hour ago, blackrack said:

Read your own log, it says scatterer 0.0540 and unity 2017.x, you're not on the latest version of anything, unless you uploaded the wrong log... Either way I provided you with solutions:

zji84HN.png

Thanks, but in that case I must have gotten the wrong log.. This issue is on the newest versions of both KSP and Scatterer. I'll re-upload the log.

EDIT:

When I check the location of the output log, this is the file I get ( the one I already submitted). I have two versions of KSP installed, and this seems to be the log for 1.8??

I have no idea where to find the log for 1.9... :(

to prove I'm not making this up:

image.png

image.png

Turning ocean shadows off does not help.

Edited by Windh

13 hours ago, Windh said:

When I check the location of the output log, this is the file I get ( the one I already submitted). I have two versions of KSP installed, and this seems to be the log for 1.8??

I have no idea where to find the log for 1.9... :(

Same folder, but it’s called Player.log instead of output_log.txt. On Windows, they changed that in 1.8, so the last version that would give an output_log.txt was 1.7.3. See here

Am I minimodding? I hope not. 

Edited by RyanRising
Speculation about possible rule breaches on my part

5 hours ago, RyanRising said:

Same folder, but it’s called Player.log instead of output_log.txt. On Windows, they changed that in 1.8, so the last version that would give an output_log.txt was 1.7.3. See here

What’s minimodding? It sounds like you are being helpful...

Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone knows of a conflict between the default sunflare component in scatter and AVP 

I don't seem to be able to get sunflare to work when I have AVP - it just defaults to the stock sun.  When I install a different sunflare like the ones in Kabram's pack, they work...so not quite sure what's going on there.  i couldn't find a sunflare directory in the AVP files either that may have been causing something to conflict

47 minutes ago, Nightside said:

What’s minimodding? It sounds like you are being helpful...

It'd be reprimanding people about the rules when you're not a moderator. This wouldn't really be that, but I didn't want to just tell Windh to go read the "how to get support" page without actually being helpful. And I'm now off topic as well, so back to your regularly scheduled Scatterer appreciation:

Spoiler

How do you make named drop down boxes anyway?

NMtL7Ua.png

Edited by RyanRising

On 6/14/2020 at 1:15 AM, RyanRising said:

THANKS!!! :prograde:

On 6/13/2020 at 11:16 AM, Windh said:

Turning ocean shadows off does not help.

I have seen this picture when starting KSP with DirectX 12 ( -force-d3d12 ) once but haven't looked into it any deeper. There was something about DX11-only in the scatterer config files, so I didn't expect it to work. I might have misinterpreted that comment, now that I read the OP again.

I used Scatterer, EVE and probably AVP but don't have the full mod list anymore.

Edited by HansAcker

3 hours ago, SpaceFace545 said:

By any chance is there a scatterer lite version?

I don't think so, but you can adjust the settings to be less resource intensive, turn of ocean shaders, etc, which will improve performance.

10 minutes ago, Nightside said:

I don't think so, but you can adjust the settings to be less resource intensive, turn of ocean shaders, etc, which will improve performance.

okay, I like scatterer but, it just hurts my computer, thanks. Whats with the config tool, can I change the scattering to reduce the atmosphere

Hii :D @blackrack !! I am here again, because i am having an old issue again, until yesterday i was using the scaterrer modified and adapted for 1.9 by @R-T-B, due to the development of my mod, but i decided to update to your version and again the sunflares stopped working in the game, it just work when i am in the tracking station or looking throught the map view. What can we do to fix it ? :o

9 hours ago, SpaceFace545 said:

okay, I like scatterer but, it just hurts my computer, thanks. Whats with the config tool, can I change the scattering to reduce the atmosphere

Not the config tool, but you can disable options from the UI in the KSC. Ocean shaders are the most expensive.

You can referer to this wiki section (still incomplete but it's a starting point): https://github.com/LGhassen/Scatterer/wiki/GeneralConfig

16 hours ago, SugarKing said:

Can anyone help me with the black sky and removed ocean regarding this mod, all the solutions I have found were from 5 years ago, it starts fine but then after a second load or smth it keeps doing that

8 hours ago, JdogGames said:

Mod not working. The Scatterer menu shows but the graphics are exactly the same 

4 hours ago, Gabriel B said:

Hii :D @blackrack !! I am here again, because i am having an old issue again, until yesterday i was using the scaterrer modified and adapted for 1.9 by @R-T-B, due to the development of my mod, but i decided to update to your version and again the sunflares stopped working in the game, it just work when i am in the tracking station or looking throught the map view. What can we do to fix it ? :o

Sorry guys but for all these issues I don't have enough information to go on, please refer to the "how to report issues" section in the OP.

Edited by blackrack

Is there any way to use only the sun and the ocean in this mod? Without the atmosphere? Or just the ocean? Any settings that I can change within the mod to be just the ocean + sun? I already tried to delete the configuration file from the atmosphere, but the sea ends up disappearing too.

It's because the atmosphere eats a lot of fps.

Note: translated via google

Edited by ThRodrigues

4 hours ago, Not a Spy said:

im having the no water issue again.

help?

This can have many causes, make a full report, please refer to the "how to report issues" section in the OP.

49 minutes ago, ThRodrigues said:

Is there any way to use only the sun and the ocean in this mod? Without the atmosphere? Or just the sun, or just the ocean? Any settings that I can change within the mod to be just the ocean / sun? I already tried to delete the configuration file from the atmosphere, but the sea ends up disappearing too.

It's because the atmosphere eats a lot of fps.

Note: translated via google

Just the sunflares you can, just the ocean you can't for now, it's something I'm considering adding but didn't get around to.