[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

8 minutes ago, Silent1_87 said:

Holy Cow this Look amazing nice work. my only Concern is Performance hit.is This going to melt my graphic card ?

Don't notice a hit with my laptop with 1 planetshine source, I would assume with 2 or 3 it should also be the same.

52 minutes ago, Berlin said:

This is really really great.  I am super excited.  Am I going to have to re-do my current scatterer configs or will I just have to adjust the planetshine values? 

Just planetshine values.

1 hour ago, Poodmund said:

Could albedo intensity possibly be controlled by a slider or an input value 0-1 etc. for the planet shine feature? I appreciate that is probably would be this bright and intense in the KSP system as the bodies are so close to each other but it comes off a little strong.

If we could adjust it on the fly by a scalar the end user could decide on the effect's intensity.

It's already tweakable by a float value , though only through thr config file, maybr I'll add a ui thing later.

Most excellent! I'm really dying to get a properly-bright Mun back into the game since the dearth of.... uhm, crap I used all 3 of the old pre-v1 texture packs and forget which one added the excellent Mun shine to have it look like this from Kerbin:

mm0MGdsl.png

As opposed to how it looks now with no faux-shine:

XcjH9bml.png

Keep up the good work!

Edited by Gaiiden

2 hours ago, MaximilianPs said:

Is this 'cause of Scatterer ?
this bug drives me crazy and I really wish to fix it. :huh:

1 hour ago, Theysen said:

Hit alt+F11 -> ocean settings -> rebuild ocean -> enjoy :) 

Or you can try this .dll which should have fixed it
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/LGhassen/Scatterer/cf6c44a5ad3cf7a7f7c30a2437aa0e7c10f8e4bd/scatterer/bin/Release/scatterer.dll

Edited by blackrack

14 hours ago, Gaiiden said:

Most excellent! I'm really dying to get a properly-bright Mun back into the game since the dearth of.... uhm, crap I used all 3 of the old pre-v1 texture packs and forget which one added the excellent Mun shine to have it look like this from Kerbin:

mm0MGdsl.png

Keep up the good work!

Although this will make the Mun appear a little brighter as there will be a small "aura" surrounding it from scattered light, I expect it will not look anywhere near that, I will do some tests later.

Edited by blackrack

5 hours ago, blackrack said:

using this since posted. It seems to fix it. I see it sometimes in screen switching, but it disappears after less than a second

On 6/3/2016 at 6:40 PM, cbplayer2012 said:

18 hours ago, Gaiiden said:

mm0MGdsl.png

XcjH9bml.png

Keep up the good work!

I feel that has more to do with the albedo of the surface than anything else. The Moon's albedo appears to be much higher than the Mun's.

54 minutes ago, theonegalen said:

I feel that has more to do with the albedo of the surface than anything else. The Moon's albedo appears to be much higher than the Mun's.

It's also how our eyes adjust to dim lighting and make the moon appear brighter, there is no such thing in KSP.

1 hour ago, theonegalen said:

11 minutes ago, blackrack said:

It's also how our eyes adjust to dim lighting and make the moon appear brighter, there is no such thing in KSP.

True to all that, buuuut you said there'd be a float value adjust right? I knew it prob wouldn't look that bright so that's what I was banking on using. Anyways, look forward to seeing how it looks - will def be better regardless :)

Edited by Gaiiden

16 minutes ago, Gaiiden said:

True to all that, buuuut you said there'd be a float value adjust right? I knew it prob wouldn't look that bright so that's what I was banking on using. Anyways, look forward to seeing how it looks - will def be better regardless :)

Well I did some quick testing, just to get an idea, with different munshine intensity values

at 0.01 intensity

Hd1HnwC.jpg

0.1 intensity:

1avrf2O.jpg

1 intensity (as bright as the sun)

7hm03kP.jpg

Bonus album: Munshine at 0.1 intensity

10 minutes ago, blackrack said:

Well I did some quick testing, just to get an idea, with different munshine intensity

- snip -, - cut -, - chop -

The Mun at night looks much better than before at 0.1 intensity, though it does appear to add a slightly annoying quantity of light pollution (maybe (Edit, fixed values) 0.09, 0.075, or 0.05 intensity would be a better compromise?).

Edited by LaytheDragon

1 minute ago, LaytheDragon said:

The Mun at night looks much better than before at 0.1 intensity, though it does appear to add a slightly annoying quantity of light pollution (maybe 0.9, 0.75, or 0.5 intensity would be a better compromise?).

Tested with 0.5 it was too bright and looked like daylight.

4 hours ago, blackrack said:

Well I did some quick testing, just to get an idea, with different munshine intensity values

at 0.01 intensity

Hd1HnwC.jpg

0.1 intensity:

1avrf2O.jpg

1 intensity (as bright as the sun)

7hm03kP.jpg

The most beautiful screenshots I've seen until now in KSP. By far. That level of light would be perfect in a full moon night.
Just... as a dream of future: I was wondering... could be possible to add a color/linear dodge effect (like in PhotoShop) to the skybox if you are under an atmosphere?
Then you could get the starry night of Van Gogh in KSP. :D

Like i've said @blackrack You have cracked the secret to multiple light sources and custom flares, Now can you release those two as a seperate mod for us kopernicus users? :) Sorry if im bugging you but you literally have the key to a feature we've been drooling over for years.