[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

32 minutes ago, Judman13 said:

@Arditan427

Any updates on this?

I have the same issue and the only way I can get them to go away is to open up the menu and toggle post processing. It happened on 1.0.5 and now its on 1.1 just the same. 

Could you tell me your specs? It might be a gpu problem, which is what I have been suspecting.

14 hours ago, blackrack said:

For everyone getting shader issues like ocean flooding or effects not appearing at all please try this, I've tweaked and recompiled the shaders for unity 5, replace your shaders folder with the contents of this .zip :

https://mega.nz/#!6EwjzRLA!A_5kdS463skefHlBAcboOeBUscHEPUoag13-Q-B4hkc

WOO @Judman13 @blackrack This bugfix removed the artifacts for me! (also adding other weird things, but that's fine) 

16 hours ago, blackrack said:

For everyone getting shader issues like ocean flooding or effects not appearing at all please try this, I've tweaked and recompiled the shaders for unity 5, replace your shaders folder with the contents of this .zip :

https://mega.nz/#!6EwjzRLA!A_5kdS463skefHlBAcboOeBUscHEPUoag13-Q-B4hkc

Note that this won't fix the issue with rectangles in the sky.

They're separate issues and like selfish_meme said I can't do anything for OpenGL atm.

Thanks, the huge waves are gone.  The ocean is still a uniform charcoal gray and I am seeing the bars in the sky now.  I'll hold on to my britches until you get a chance to look at the OpenGL, then.

Thanks again for your enthusiasm for this mod....it's great!

Cheers,

-BS

8 hours ago, Judman13 said:

Just a i5-4670k and intel 4600 graphics. 

I'll have to try the fix and report back. 

Thanks! 

I also run off of Intel HD graphics, so could be something with that? I'm guessing that fixed it?

KSP 1.1 build id = 01183
Eve v1.5.5933.38810
Scatterer v1.0.5939.25400
SVE v0.58 UR

Quick test: Scatterer release 0.0242 i can confirm it FIX rectangles in the sky, soo far soo good yaaay glaad to see my dear blackrack (dark soul mate ) nail problem!!!
Cheer & Salute

Spoiler

sI4wiVN.png
jVtilND.png
tD3M7iM.png

Edited by Blacks

14 minutes ago, speedwaystar said:

i noticed this rectangular artifact with the latest update:

camera pointing north:

pointing NW:

pointing W

without scatterer:

Test if it goes away if you disable the lens flare shader or the godrays.

hmmm... i'm now having trouble reproducing it. on initial scene load it appeared briefly and then faded to invisibility and i can no longer get it to reappear. mysterious.

i'll keep an eye out and if it reappears i'll do some tests.

Edited by speedwaystar

1 minute ago, speedwaystar said:

hmmm... i'm now having trouble reproducing it. on initial scene load it appeared briefly and then faded to invisibility and i can no longer get it to reappear. mysterious.

Try waiting until you're in the shadow of one of the EVE clouds, it looks like it's one of the shaders not ignoring the projector.

5 hours ago, blackrack said:

Try waiting until you're in the shadow of one of the EVE clouds, it looks like it's one of the shaders not ignoring the projector.

I actually saw this occasionally in 1.05 as well, it only appeared where the craft was launched from and stayed when the craft moved away.

@blackrack just a quick report on the latest version in OpenGL, three pictures, the first shows a blue band at the horizon, some interaction with EVE I think it goes away at height, the second shows some moire patterns that are distance related (the higher the further away) and the last shows the Lens Flare not working (made sure it was turned on)

Link to log file

On 4/12/2015 at 10:37 AM, blackrack said:
13 hours ago, blackrack said:

Test if it goes away if you disable the lens flare shader or the godrays.

-Option to disable scaledSpace ambient light (celestial bodies appear realistically lit and will display as crescents in the sky)

Doesn't go away without godrays, I know that much.

It's not 100% reproducable though, making it hard to pin down.

I did notice something else though. Was flying behind the Mun, with the sun behind Kerbin and the Mun between me and Kerbin. Kerbin's atmosphere was ghosting through the Mun.

screenshot33.png

Do the terrain scatters not work on 1.1 or is it something wrong on my end?

Edited: Seems to work after a restart.

13 hours ago, selfish_meme said:

@blackrack just a quick report on the latest version in OpenGL, three pictures, the first shows a blue band at the horizon, some interaction with EVE I think it goes away at height, the second shows some moire patterns that are distance related (the higher the further away) and the last shows the Lens Flare not working (made sure it was turned on)

Link to log file

For the first issue I added "experimental viewDir offset" in the menu to fix it, it's quite buggy though and may sometimes work the opposite of how it's supposed to work... It's weird to see the moire patterns and the lens flare not working, might just be an OpenGL thing though but I have no way to test it atm, the debug log looks fine.

9 hours ago, jwenting said:

Doesn't go away without godrays, I know that much.

It's not 100% reproducable though, making it hard to pin down.

I did notice something else though. Was flying behind the Mun, with the sun behind Kerbin and the Mun between me and Kerbin. Kerbin's atmosphere was ghosting through the Mun.

Alright, I think I found what was causing it anyway, I will check the ghosting issue.

Edited: @jwenting I tried to reproduce your ghosting issue but no trace of it, tried both low and high orbits, in map view and outside and it didn't happen.

Edited by blackrack

I don't know if this is the same problem I'm having but when I launch my rocket and jettison the SRBs, there are long rays extending from the SRBs all the way to the ground. It does this even with god rays disabled. The newest update is a major improvement especially when in use with EVE, the only issue I have left is those long God rays extending down to the ground from any vehicle debris that is jettisoned. Any suggestions?

Edited by bigshow281
Removed original post quote (sorry)

3 hours ago, bigshow281 said:

I don't know if this is the same problem I'm having but when I launch my rocket and jettison the SRBs, there are long rays extending from the SRBs all the way to the ground. It does this even with god rays disabled. The newest update is a major improvement especially when in use with EVE, the only issue I have left is those long God rays extending down to the ground from any vehicle debris that is jettisoned. Any suggestions?

It shouldn't happen with godrays off, so post pics, maybe it's something else. Also, please don't quote the entirety of the OP.

Edited:

Hmm what's this? A clean, artifact-less horizon-line with no pixelated black line over it? You know it

Small note: If you use anti-aliasing there might still be some artifacts here and there due to the depth buffer not being anti-aliased, but the huge line that jitters around even when you don't do anything is gone.

Edited by blackrack

So, I looked a little more at my charcoal-colored ocean.  Turns out it gets brighter and bluer with altitude.  Below about 1500-2000m it's too dark to see anything but a solid, dark gray surface.  Above that, the sunlight reflections start working, getting better as altitude increases.  I played with the upwelling colors, bumping those values up, and that seemed to help a little bit making things more blue.

Again, I'm under Linux, so this may be OpenGL related, as I'm also seeing those atmospheric grate-like bars between about 3000 and 6000 m.  Mostly just an FYI at this point, but now that I've flown around a bit, I'm seeing more behaviors.

Cheers,

-BS