[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

Try and boost the skyextinctionGroundFade and extinctionScatterIntensity values up a bit basically to give you more of a thick cloud mist appearance. I also bumped up the experimentalAtmoScale up to 2.5 to give it a bit of thickness.

im not getting the blueish tone of the atmosphere that should appear. instead my atmosphere is completely transparent. everything else with scatterer works though. this is a pic with sve installed with scatterer. even when i install scatterer by itself the atmosphere doesnt appear. i tried a fresh install and i still cant get it to work properly

http://imgur.com/zmV0Lul

2 hours ago, gendalf said:

performance hit is quite large even on default settings.

Try turning on and off various settings. Lots of the them are heavily GPU intensive, and you may not be able to run them all together. I certainly can't :P 

On 4/26/2016 at 11:07 PM, cobbman11 said:

That's awesome! Congrats!

On 4/26/2016 at 0:01 AM, MulDoom said:

Awesome! You deserve it. Thanks for making all of our lives a little prettier. :D

On 4/26/2016 at 0:43 AM, V8jester said:

Congrats man! You definitely deserve it :) And take your time the real world always needs to come first.

On 4/26/2016 at 0:59 AM, rbray89 said:

Congrats! I hope this doesn't cut into your modding time *too* much :wink:

On 4/26/2016 at 1:40 AM, Proot said:

You deserve it, for sure. I'm genuinely happy! And kinda proud of you! :D You are not just good in your tasks, but also a great person!
Congrats and cheers @blackrack! I wish you the best of the lucks in your new path.

On 4/27/2016 at 3:11 AM, drtedastro said:

Well done.

Good on ya.

Like the others, if you have time it will always be great to have any of your work.

Cheers.

On 4/27/2016 at 7:18 AM, Vandest said:

With this mod, it's logic you draw attention!

Congratulation for your job and thank you for your mod, it push KSP in 2016!

On 4/28/2016 at 4:54 AM, Manwith Noname said:

Praise the sun!

.....though, am I the only one quietly wishing to see your profile change to Squad Staff?

:D

Good luck man.

On 4/28/2016 at 0:43 PM, Paul_Sawyer said:

@blackrack, just want to congratulate you on getting the job. Like all the others said - you deserve it. Keep it up, man, you rock! :)

On 4/28/2016 at 3:51 PM, sarbian said:

Félicitation :)

On 4/29/2016 at 0:35 PM, DasBananenbrot said:

@blackrack Congratulations on the job. :D

Thank you all very much.

On 4/29/2016 at 0:12 PM, jwenting said:

Getting some very weird visuals with Scatterer. Noticed them in 1.1 at times and they're still there in 1.1.1.

So far I've noticed it around the Mun and Minmus, not around Kerbin and Duna. Haven't looked around other bodies yet but this suggests it only affects bodies without an atmosphere.

Log doesn't show anything to indicate an error, but Scatterer is rather chatty.

Have you tried pressing "rebuild ocean"?

20 hours ago, sDaZe said:

So im working on a stock size rss mod and i was wondering is it possible to add a atmosphiric haze. Titan like? I remember seeing something like this with you @Poodmund but i cant find the post, i got this so far: 

What poodmund said, also in the config tool you can make the atmosphere look 2x thicker or 3x thicker by multiplying all the betaR components, e.g. 2x thicker betaR for Kerbin = 0.0116,0.0270,0.0662. I used something similar to give Eve a thicker atmo.

14 hours ago, Ham the Astrochimp said:

im not getting the blueish tone of the atmosphere that should appear. instead my atmosphere is completely transparent. everything else with scatterer works though. this is a pic with sve installed with scatterer. even when i install scatterer by itself the atmosphere doesnt appear. i tried a fresh install and i still cant get it to work properly

http://imgur.com/zmV0Lul

Anything in the debug log? Does the ocean work? Does postprocessing work? Does lens flare work?

14 hours ago, daniel l. said:

@blackrack Does the sun flare work with multiple stars? I know i asked this before but i would like to know if it works.

Not yet no, haven't had time to do it.

11 hours ago, sDaZe said:

Hey blackrack is there any fix for seeing the Scatterer through rings?

Not at the moment but I will try to get them fixed soon.

2 hours ago, gendalf said:

performance hit is quite large even on default settings.

You can disable the ocean shaders if your GPU can't handle them.

17 minutes ago, jwenting said:

@federicoaa that's the exact same thing I get, except I get it only around airless bodies.

Me too, got it for Kerbin. Switching to KSP and back to vessel solves it. Switching to map view and back was not enough.

Edited by Tekener

45 minutes ago, DespairingSquid said:

ill there be a proper 1.1.2 release ever?

Does the current version not work with 1.1.2?

34 minutes ago, federicoaa said:

I'm getting this bug often.

There's a shadow in the bottom that is weird. What could be causing this?

Tried the rebuild ocean button yet?

14 minutes ago, blackrack said:

Does the current version not work with 1.1.2?

It works great, I more meant the title being a tad misleading without the 1.1.number.

(Actually, it works even better than it did in 1.1.1 because now zooming out in IVA than going to ext cam doesn't make the ocean follow the camera round, though that's fixed by double tapping MMC)

14 minutes ago, DespairingSquid said:

It works great, I more meant the title being a tad misleading without the 1.1.number.

(Actually, it works even better than it did in 1.1.1 because now zooming out in IVA than going to ext cam doesn't make the ocean follow the camera round, though that's fixed by double tapping MMC)

Well as long as it works, the title isn't really a priority. I'll update everything and try to fix problems when I have time.

8 minutes ago, Gorzideudeus said:

Thank you, blackrack, for this mod.

Now scroll up and scroll down. How readable is this page now? Your post is like screaming "LOOK AT ME, I HAZ PICTUREZ!"

You could have shown some respect to the developer as you are thankful (aren't you?) as well as to other people who would read this page.

@blackrack seems like Scatterer and the new stock shader that I'm using with Kopernicus (called "AtmosphericExtra") in the terrains with bumpmaps are in conflict in some way...

No rush about it, I'll send you a pre-release so you can look the problem when you can. Take care man!

3 minutes ago, atomontage said:

Now scroll up and scroll down. How readable is this page now? Your post is like screaming "LOOK AT ME, I HAZ PICTUREZ!"

You could have shown some respect to the developer as you are thankful (aren't you?) as well as to other people who would read this page.

Well. Okay. Ease up, I'm kinda new to the forums, I wasn't aware this was frowned upon. 

1 hour ago, Proot said:

@blackrack seems like Scatterer and the new stock shader that I'm using with Kopernicus (called "AtmosphericExtra") in the terrains with bumpmaps are in conflict in some way...

No rush about it, I'll send you a pre-release so you can look the problem when you can. Take care man!

Thanks man.

What does this atmosphericExtra shader do? Is it part of Kopernicus? What is the conflict exactly?