[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

11 hours ago, blackrack said:

Well tbh it's realistic, it's what a real ocean looks like from a plane on a windy day. Anyway, transitioning it back to the stock reflection with height is feasible, I expect it will come with a small performance hit for technical reasons, but It won't be high on my priority list as there more important things to do first.

No problem, not going to rush your brilliance.

My issue was more with the obvious repeating textures than the colouration; I should have been more clear.

3 hours ago, Liarra Sniffles said:

No problem, not going to rush your brilliance.

My issue was more with the obvious repeating textures than the colouration; I should have been more clear.

Try upping the fourierGridSize from the main menu, big performance hit though.

10 hours ago, HerrGeneral said:

I looked around in the scatterer config files and the ingame settings and couldn't seem to find it, so I'll ask here: is there any way to change the load distance for scatterer? Specifically, when using RVE, the scatterer effects don't load past about 10^8 meters- which means that the atmosphere of Earth appears nonexistent when at or near the Moon, which looks kinda ugly. Is there an easy way to change that load distance?

Found it. It's in PlanetsList.cfg. Self-troubleshooting!

2 minutes ago, blackrack said:

Is it just me or people are completely oblivious to what this mod does and doesn't do lately?

I know right?  Bunch of noobs.  Anyway,  I love all the parts your mod adds! And especially the sun craters! 

Just now, Berlin said:

I know right?  Bunch of noobs.  Anyway,  I love all the parts your mod adds! And especially the sun craters! 

Yeah these are cool, the part I put the most work in though is the procedurally generated life-forms, it would be cool to get some feedback on these once in a while, I feel like people ignore them.

2 minutes ago, Berlin said:

:P 

As far as I know the sun flares and atmospheric light dissortion is provided by this mod, everything else (textures, clouds, etc. is EVE, SVE, etc)

2 minutes ago, blackrack said:

Yeah these are cool, the part I put the most work in though is the procedurally generated life-forms, it would be cool to get some feedback on these once in a while, I feel like people ignore them.

Those are cool but buggy at best. :)

1 minute ago, blackrack said:

Wait, the little green men I encountered on various locations (even in the space center) are from you? And the ameba on Minmus as well? Great stuff!

45 minutes ago, blackrack said:

"Procedural life forms"

I myst admit. I've never seen anything on this until now? And I guess I've been doing too much building and not enough actual exploring. Any sure fire way to encounter one of these? Very cool!

10 minutes ago, V8jester said:

"Procedural life forms"

I myst admit. I've never seen anything on this until now? And I guess I've been doing too much building and not enough actual exploring. Any sure fire way to encounter one of these? Very cool!

I'm having a hard time telling if you are serious lol :D

What have I done?!?!?! 

Edited by Berlin

37 minutes ago, Berlin said:

I'm having a hard time telling if you are serious lol :D

What have I done?!?!?! 

People believe everything serios "mod gods" like blackrack or you tell them :P 

Edited by Tekener

I'm uploading a new version. Lens flares have been fixed for 1.1.3, godrays no longer cause ships/decoupled parts to cast massive black trails and I've fixed the weird halos around the atmosphere which appear in dx11 and openGL. Planetshine still needs work and won't be released at this point.

Have fun.

9 minutes ago, blackrack said:

I'm uploading a new version. Lens flares have been fixed for 1.1.3, godrays no longer cause ships/decoupled parts to cast massive black trails and I've fixed the weird halos around the atmosphere which appear in dx11 and openGL. Planetshine still needs work and won't be released at this point.

Have fun.

You da real mvp

49 minutes ago, blackrack said:

Have fun.

Praise the scatterer lord :) 

Thanks!

have to remember alot of people probaly got the game on steam sale then played some and not started useing mods. its like this after every sell lots of new people or old people comeing back

thatss why there alot of people not bothering to read the op for what a mod does fully

7 hours ago, Berlin said:

That got me seriously wondering if Scatterer works on the sun's atmosphere.

2154762029.png

Sadly not. In fact there's no trace of the atmosphere besides the heating effects. @blackrack Could Scatterer give the sun a visual atmosphere or are there technical limitations?

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, String Witch said:

That got me seriously wondering if Scatterer works on the sun's atmosphere.

2154762029.png

Sadly not. In fact there's no trace of the atmosphere besides the heating effects. @blackrack Could Scatterer give the sun a visual atmosphere or are there technical limitations?

Planet shine tends to improve the near sun ambience.

6 hours ago, Elthy said:

Can you even get that close to Kerbol without cheating? If i remember correctly the temps are a huge problem.

Nope. Maybe with mod parts, but I used Alt+F12 for that screenshot.