[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

2 hours ago, Gabriel B said:

@R-T-B Logs starts with... ? 

that line indicates you are using 1.7.  I don't suppiort 1.7, only 1.9+  You would not gain anything from my builds, anyways.

Edited by R-T-B

1 hour ago, alberro+ said:

So I removed Spectra, and tried using the sample BoulderCo configuration. It works absolutely perfect. It good to have my old visuals back. Major thanks to @R-T-B!

I was using Spectra recently and it was working fine (or at least, seemed to be).  Wonder what's different on your config?  hmmm...  Weird is all I can say.  Must be a GPU-driver based difference.

EDIT:  Oh!  Spectra and Astronomers both don't presently account for the new 1.9 "Ultra" Kerbin shader.  I used to work around this, but I don't in recent builds because it's not technically the correct way to interpret the data. 

To fix, You need to lower the Spec R,G,B values in the Kerbin Atmo.conf file by about a factor of 5 (divide the number by 5 and round, basically).  That seems to be what the Ultra shader needs.  It's weird I know, but I can't implement that in code because it only applies to Kerbin (or well, I could technically but I feel this is more the visual pack authors duty).

I will advise them of this so they can make a proper config.  Spectra is a close second to Astronomers in my "favorite visual pack" list afterall.

EDIT:  Authors advised:

Edited by R-T-B

1 hour ago, R-T-B said:

that line indicates you are using 1.7.  I don't suppiort 1.7, only 1.9+  You would not gain anything from my builds, anyways.

@R-T-B Wait, this means that I am using the game version 1.7 ? Or is the Scatterer version ? I am sure that I am using 1.9.1 the game is in 1.9.1 Dres, Eve, Kerbin, Mum, Minmus, Ike, Duna, all of them are revamped, and I downloaded your build by your link I am using UR 1.2.1. I am sorry, but I am a bit confused now :blush:.

4 minutes ago, Gabriel B said:

@R-T-B Wait, this means that I am using the game version 1.7 ? Or is the Scatterer version ? I am sure that I am using 1.9.1 the game is in 1.9.1 Dres, Eve, Kerbin, Mum, Minmus, Ike, Duna, all of them are revamped, and I downloaded your build by your link I am using UR 1.2.1. I am sorry, but I am a bit confused now :blush:.

As am I!  The log is indicating Unity 2017, which was abandoned as of KSP 1.8.  That means you are aparently running 1.7...  or so your gamelog says.

Maybe it's an old entry.  Let me take a second look.

EDIT:  Doh!  Your logfile starts in September 2019.  I made a rookie mistake, I have to scroll.. lol.  Standby while I look into this.

Edited by R-T-B

2 minutes ago, R-T-B said:

As am I!  The log is indicating Unity 2017, which was abandoned as of KSP 1.8.  That means you are aparently running 1.7...  or so your gamelog says.

Maybe it's an old entry.  Let me take a second look.

EDIT:  Doh!  Your logfile starts in Feburary.  I made a rookie mistake, I have to scroll.. lol.  Standby while I look into this.

Oh, it's ok haha ! Take your time :D.

It's even worse, I was looking at stuff from September 2019.  This is a big log file, but I'll find what I need, thanks.

EDIT:  Or not.  It appears this log ends abrubtly in early Feb 2020.

It's a detailed log, which I like, but for some reason it's not complete.  Can I just get the KSP.log file from your game directory?  That always logs after every game and should be more than enough.

Quick question too:  Are you forcing any graphics modes?  Like OpenGL, or something?  It's ok if you are, that is technically supported by me, but I need to know to isolate the bug.

Edited by R-T-B

7 minutes ago, R-T-B said:

It's even worse, I was looking at stuff from September 2019.  This is a big log file, but I'll find what I need, thanks.

EDIT:  Or not.  It appears this log ends abrubtly in early Feb 2020.

It's a detailed log, which I like, but for some reason it's not complete.  Can I just get the KSP.log file from your game directory?  That always logs after every game and should be more than enough.

Quick question too:  Are you forcing any graphics modes?  Like OpenGL, or something?

Sure you can ! :D And no, I am not forcing any graphical modes.

1 minute ago, Gabriel B said:

Sure you can ! :D And no, I am not forcing any graphical modes.

Yeah, there goes me hoping it was going to be as easy as it not detecting OpenGL on windows or something.  Sadly that works perfect... heh.

We'll figure this out.  Just FYI, I am about to open a new thread for all my unoffical builds in add-on releases, so I don't spam blackrack anymore when he goes official.  We should probably move there soon.  I will post a link.

4 minutes ago, R-T-B said:

Yeah, there goes me hoping it was going to be as easy as it not detecting OpenGL on windows or something.  Sadly that works perfect... heh.

We'll figure this out.  Just FYI, I am about to open a new thread for all my unoffical builds in add-on releases, so I don't spam blackrack anymore when he goes official.  We should probably move there soon.  I will post a link.

Sure we will ! When you send the link I go there ;).

Please direct all further discussion on my unofficial builds to here if at all possible:

It will be closely monitored, where I'll check here less often (it's for blackrack's official builds, technically.)

Edited by R-T-B

Hello there, 
Fll, irst of ahuge "applauses" for R-T-B, saw that you are quite determine :D

Maybe you'll have an idea for a bug I i have with scatterer. (Hope Nobody talked about it before, I've shearch but found nothing). To be simple : I have no Oceans. ;.;

The problem seems to be related with the Ocean shaders. When it is put on "True" on the config file, the ocean go invisible and I have only the ground left. 
The defaut shader on the contrary works pretty well ... So I gess that it's not link to ClipPlane but more about the Alpha informations of the shader (or something Else). 

Btw, this is my first post/message on an issue, so if you need complementary files/informations don't hesitate to ask me. 

4 hours ago, LeGlitch said:

Hello there, 
Fll, irst of ahuge "applauses" for R-T-B, saw that you are quite determine :D

Maybe you'll have an idea for a bug I i have with scatterer. (Hope Nobody talked about it before, I've shearch but found nothing). To be simple : I have no Oceans. ;.;

The problem seems to be related with the Ocean shaders. When it is put on "True" on the config file, the ocean go invisible and I have only the ground left. 
The defaut shader on the contrary works pretty well ... So I gess that it's not link to ClipPlane but more about the Alpha informations of the shader (or something Else). 

Btw, this is my first post/message on an issue, so if you need complementary files/informations don't hesitate to ask me. 

You need to make sure you've installed RTB's unofficial release, the link is in those posts.  That takes care of the oceans disappearing, so long as you're running KSP 1.9.1 and not 1.9. 

9 minutes ago, alberro+ said:

@R-T-B's 1.9.1 works great on the sample BoulderCo config for EVE. I'm considering using AVP along with it, any thoughts?

Please continue discussion on my mods in this thread:

Reason is this is supposed to be for official scatterer. :)  I would say though that though that might work, you are much better off just fixing the AVP values manually.  If you just install a fresh scatterer, it should do that automatically given the way AVP is structured, actually.

Edited by R-T-B

2 minutes ago, R-T-B said:

Please continue discussion on my mods in this thread:

Reason is this is supposed to be for official scatterer. :)  I would say though that though that might work, you are much better off just fixing the AVP values manually.  If you just install a fresh scatterer, it should do that automatically, the way AVP is structured, actually.

Oh dang, I legit thought I was posting in that thread. My bad!

18 hours ago, R-T-B said:

It's odd, for sure, that it would ever trigger a false positive.  Maybe "Eve" shares a name with something malware-esque.  Who knows?  Antimalware can be really dumb sometimes.

What antimalware, so I can at least file a false positive report?

I'd say you may have something else going on as...  I mean I've never seen such a clean virustotal, honestly:

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/11c9a90d46927f7dc0057b7399d70a721801ad66b655a93696e8b4ae46388ff2/detection

It's not loading third party sunflares from the sunflare folder?  Huh?  That's certainly a bug.

KSP log file from your KSP directory root please, it will help me see what's happening (grab it right after you try to do the correct sunflares).

Also a link to the sunflares you want to use could be helpful.

I get this sort of thing all the time with mods.  One of the things Anti-virus software like Norton looks at is how many users have downloaded this file, and Norton has absurdly high standards for how many it takes for a file to be "trusted," so mods that only a small indie game community download are immediately suspect for it. It especially doesn't like KSP mods because they tend to use .DLL files for plugins like this.  I doubt the Anti-Virus is even looking at the code for anything malicious before it's throwing warnings.  Norton gives me a hell of a time because it will just automatically delete things with only a warning notification flashed up on the screen for a second and no confirmation.  Occasionally it will even troll through my files and delete things that I've already installed, breaking mods randomly that I won't even know about until the next time I try to use them.

1 hour ago, Capt. Hunt said:

I get this sort of thing all the time with mods.  One of the things Anti-virus software like Norton looks at is how many users have downloaded this file, and Norton has absurdly high standards for how many it takes for a file to be "trusted," so mods that only a small indie game community download are immediately suspect for it. It especially doesn't like KSP mods because they tend to use .DLL files for plugins like this.  I doubt the Anti-Virus is even looking at the code for anything malicious before it's throwing warnings.  Norton gives me a hell of a time because it will just automatically delete things with only a warning notification flashed up on the screen for a second and no confirmation.  Occasionally it will even troll through my files and delete things that I've already installed, breaking mods randomly that I won't even know about until the next time I try to use them.

Take it from a computer repair guy, norton is terrible.  lol

1 hour ago, Capt. Hunt said:

Thankfully, I don't use Norton. 

32 minutes ago, alberro+ said:

Thankfully, I don't use Norton. 

Well....

I do too, and it doesn't like Principia all that much. Never had problems with Scatterer however and it never removed stuff I already moved out of quarantine the first time. Unless I update the mod of course, since it's a different file Norton will start crying again.

All the same it's not annoying, and if it wasn't for Windows' poor security with all these exploits to run programs without permission I wouldn't have a reason to have any AV at all.

Edited by Delay

19 minutes ago, Delay said:

Well....

I do too, and it doesn't like Principia all that much. Never had problems with Scatterer however and it never removed stuff I already moved out of quarantine the first time. Unless I update the mod of course, since it's a different file Norton will start crying again.

All the same it's not annoying, and if it wasn't for Windows' poor security with all these exploits to run programs without permission I wouldn't have a reason to have any AV at all.

It's probably because Principia has some C++ and assembly stuff that Norton views as "can't possibly be good / dark magic."

Of course, Principia's harmless and awesome to boot.  But yeah, dat topic.

Edited by R-T-B

5 minutes ago, R-T-B said:

It's probably because Principia has some C++ and assembly stuff that Norton views as "can't possibly be good / dark magic."

It really doesn't like 64k demos, but that's shared across basically all AVs. Compression really obfuscates the purpose of a file and AV vendors really want to be on the safe side.

Hi guys! So I just tested the unofficial version of scatterer for 1.9 and works just as the original did on previous versions. Great!!! That being said, I'm experiencing some weird visual behaviors I also had from previous versions. I know this was previously discussed, but I wasn't able to find the specific comment talking about this.

The "bug" I'm experiencing is that some of the planets look kind of transparent! Searching through this topic I found a photo from blackrack from 2015 that seems to also show this same visual glitch! Here's the quoted image

On 4/20/2015 at 6:52 PM, blackrack said:

yA9XJGW.jpg

Some of you may be able to see some halos inside the planet. This are from the center of the planet and are visible all the time once scatterer is running. I've seen this too on Jool and Eve I think.

Here's a video I just made showing this effect on Duna. It's not that easy to see, but you may find the same halos inside Duna always showing. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Edited by aristizabal951
Wrote my text inside a quote

Please pm me some log files (found in your KSP install root after flight as KSP.log text file) and I'll see if I can't sort out what's going on with your system.

That being said, this thread is supposed to be for official scatterer.  I made a thread of my own for unofficial releases, you may get more attention there: