[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

I'm having the problem where some of my custom planets' oceans gets mixed with with stock oceans...
I'm pretty sure this is a pretty common problem is making oceans for custom planets, but after searching through this thread I can' find an answer

This is using 0.0324 in 1.3.1

urz5Ow9.png

tcjVPYw.png

Any idea what should I change in my configs?

here's my output_log if that helps

Edited by TheProtagonists

On 3/12/2018 at 10:40 AM, remon said:

Can confirm that enabling anti-aliasing fixes this bug.

Fixed it, I will upload a fixed version soon.

21 hours ago, Platan said:

Hello guys, I had the same problem and my test the options in the start menu. When I disable the "Ocean Shadders" (First option). All things are ok in the game.

Sorry for my English, I'm a little bad French.

Can confirm this is reproducible, will fix.

18 hours ago, TheProtagonists said:

I'm having the problem where some of my custom planets' oceans gets mixed with with stock oceans...
I'm pretty sure this is a pretty common problem is making oceans for custom planets, but after searching through this thread I can' find an answer

This is using 0.0324 in 1.3.1

Any idea what should I change in my configs?

here's my output_log if that helps

This usually only happens when you toggle the ocean shaders and don't restart the game. Are your custom planets made with Kopernicus? Anything special that you do other than that?

Im also having an issue with 1.4, but nobody has brought it up yet, as far as i can see.

I get no effects in the tracking station. Its not a huge deal, but I'm surprised you haven't been swamped with "bug reports". :D 

...unless you made that clear and i missed it..

Surface looks great and in flight mode and map mode, everything looks fine, Its just the tracking station I noticed.

Note: this is only with scatterer installed. I have not tried with any visual packs whatsoever.

Edited by Galileo

46 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Im also having an issue with 1.4, but nobody has brought it up yet, as far as i can see.

I get no effects in the tracking station. Its not a huge deal, but I'm surprised you haven't been swamped with "bug reports". :D 

...unless you made that clear and i missed it..

Surface looks great and in flight mode and map mode, everything looks fine, Its just the tracking station I noticed.

Note: this is only with scatterer installed. I have not tried with any visual packs whatsoever.

I saw it as well, and was wondering myself how no one complained :D

48 minutes ago, Galileo said:

I get no effects in the tracking station. Its not a huge deal...

I have that bug too. It's gamebreaking for me. Please fix asap :D

1 hour ago, blackrack said:

This usually only happens when you toggle the ocean shaders and don't restart the game. Are your custom planets made with Kopernicus? Anything special that you do other than that?

I have restarted the game several time but the problem persists.

These are indeed Kopernicus planets, I also noticed is that for some reason scatterer menu stopped showing up in the main menu at some point and Alt+F10 does nothing.

The only special thing I did is I have this config that disables auto save configs

@Scatterer_config:AFTER[scatterer]
{
	%autosavePlanetSettingsOnSceneChange = False
}

I'm really not sure if this is causing problems, since I had this for a while and at least the scatterer menu shows up in the main menu before.

1 minute ago, TheProtagonists said:

I have restarted the game several time but the problem persists.

These are indeed Kopernicus planets, I also noticed is that for some reason scatterer menu stopped showing up in the main menu at some point and Alt+F10 does nothing.

The only special thing I did is I have this config that disables auto save configs

@Scatterer_config:AFTER[scatterer]
{
	%autosavePlanetSettingsOnSceneChange = False
}

I'm really not sure if this is causing problems, since I had this for a while and at least the scatterer menu shows up in the main menu before.

have you tried reinstalling?

19 hours ago, Mark Kerbin said:

Im just not getting scatterer at all. The little menu thing shows at boot up but there are no effects to be seen anywhere. =(

Grabbed the updated version and completely removed the old one before adding. No effects anywhere. Im using with latest version of EVE

Hey! I finally figured out what was causing the crazy orbital line: You need to change the "Atmosphere air density half heigbt" in the config tool from 8 to 4-ish. Line disappears instantly. Sadly sometimes the most annoying issues have the hardest to find (and yet simplest) fix. This might be good information for Good Galileo as well as I saw SVE has some issues with this too?

Edited by Avera9eJoe

24 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Hey! I finally figured out what was causing the crazy orbital line: You need to change the "Atmosphere air density half heigbt" in the config tool from 8 to 4-ish. Line disappears instantly. Sadly sometimes the most annoying issues have the hardest to find (and yet simplest) fix. This might be good information for Good Galileo as well as I saw SVE has some issues with this too?

Well it depends on the body but those values can be mathematically determined so guess work is not necessary.

On 11.3.2018 at 6:06 PM, Draradech said:

Thank you! My game looks pretty again.

Unfortunately, I have to report a bug. On a minmus/mun tourist mission I noticed, that I could no longer see anything but my own craft and the UI. No Skybox, no Kerbin, no Mun (this is called scaled space (if the orbit is high enough), correct? if not, substitue whatever this is in the rest of the post.)

I investigated a bit in a clean install:

KSP: 1.4.0 Windows 64bit

Problem: Scaled space disappears in flight view, map is ok.

Mods installed:

Scatterer 0.0326

Reproduction steps:

In a clean install, new save, launch a vesset, cheat set orbit around mun. Until here everything is fine. Go to the tracking station and back, scaled space is gone (or black?). Map view still works. Set orbit around Kerbin, scaled space reappears and keeps working even in orbit of other bodies until vessel switch (or tracking station).

With multiple crafts and set orbits, it looks like scaled space disappears when *switching to* a vessel around the mun (or minmus - didn't test other bodies). In orbit of kerbin it doesn't break when switching to, it even restores if currently broken. It doesn't break on setting orbit to the mun, only when switching to the vessel orbiting mun.

Log:

http://pasted.co/202f30dd

I have the same bug! I don't know how things work around here, I just made an account for the first time. I hope it's okay to quote for visibility.

5 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

Well it depends on the body but those values can be mathematically determined so guess work is not necessary.

Huh, I've found the line to always be present when it's at the default of 8 :/

Just now, Avera9eJoe said:

Huh, I've found the line to always be present when it's at the default of 8 :/

while you are right, it does get rid of the hard line at the end of the atmosphere, it lowers the atmosphere as well, to where in scaled space, the cloud altitude is right at the edge and it looks odd. That's why i left it at it'd default.

I may have my clouds a bit high though, so I can double check all that

Edited by Galileo

2 hours ago, JazVM said:
  On 11/03/2018 at 6:06 PM, Draradech said:

Thank you! My game looks pretty again.

Unfortunately, I have to report a bug. On a minmus/mun tourist mission I noticed, that I could no longer see anything but my own craft and the UI. No Skybox, no Kerbin, no Mun (this is called scaled space (if the orbit is high enough), correct? if not, substitue whatever this is in the rest of the post.)

I investigated a bit in a clean install:

KSP: 1.4.0 Windows 64bit

Problem: Scaled space disappears in flight view, map is ok.

Mods installed:

Scatterer 0.0326

Reproduction steps:

In a clean install, new save, launch a vesset, cheat set orbit around mun. Until here everything is fine. Go to the tracking station and back, scaled space is gone (or black?). Map view still works. Set orbit around Kerbin, scaled space reappears and keeps working even in orbit of other bodies until vessel switch (or tracking station).

With multiple crafts and set orbits, it looks like scaled space disappears when *switching to* a vessel around the mun (or minmus - didn't test other bodies). In orbit of kerbin it doesn't break when switching to, it even restores if currently broken. It doesn't break on setting orbit to the mun, only when switching to the vessel orbiting mun.

Log:

http://pasted.co/202f30dd

Same problem, again and again, one solution, disable the Ocean Shaders, but Ocean is very ugly.

46 minutes ago, Jognt said:

Any word on 1.4.1 stability?

The 1.4 version works, but there are some issues as of right now. Currently, tracking station has no effect, and being close to the Mun or Minmus renders the rest of the system pitch black. You will have to be patient and wait for fixes from Blackrack.

50 minutes ago, Galileo said:

The 1.4 version works, but there are some issues as of right now. Currently, tracking station has no effect, and being close to the Mun or Minmus renders the rest of the system pitch black. You will have to be patient and wait for fixes from Blackrack.

So no game breaking problems? Awesome, thanks.

24 minutes ago, Jognt said:

So no game breaking problems? Awesome, thanks.

Except for the fact that around other planets the entire system goes black, no none at all.

Edited by Galileo