[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

I am having a strange problem with scatterer. Instead of all of the clouds appearing black, the entire planet appears black, while the clouds are their proper color. Here's some screeshots

Spoiler

Bup0fuN.png

dxCdMfH.png

I'm using the exact same configs that I used for the experimental build @blackrack sent me. Something must of changed between the experimental version and version 0.0300 that is causing me this issue.

output log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4wjXOtt9_9XdmY4bVFQUW1DYlk

11 minutes ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

I am having a strange problem with scatterer. Instead of all of the clouds appearing black, the entire planet appears black, while the clouds are their proper color. Here's some screeshots

Reveal hidden contents

Bup0fuN.png

dxCdMfH.png

I'm using the exact same configs that I used for the experimental build @blackrack sent me. Something must of changed between the experimental version and version 0.0300 that is causing me this issue.

output log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4wjXOtt9_9XdmY4bVFQUW1DYlk

if you remove the configs for this planet, do the other planets work?

Also, if you disable the sunflare, does everything else work?

Edited: Forget the planet configs, try to disable just the sunflare.

Edited by blackrack

3 minutes ago, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

@blackrack Removing sunflares fixes the issue. Did I perhaps screw up the sunflare configs? I made sure I added the ghost fade stuff...

On second look at your log

[Scatterer] Custom sunflare cannot be added to ProximaCentauri System.IO.IsolatedStorage.IsolatedStorageException: Could not find a part of the path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\CVO\CVO_scatterer\config\Sunflares\ProximaCentauri\sunSpikes.png".

9 minutes ago, blackrack said:

On second look at your log

[Scatterer] Custom sunflare cannot be added to ProximaCentauri System.IO.IsolatedStorage.IsolatedStorageException: Could not find a part of the path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\CVO\CVO_scatterer\config\Sunflares\ProximaCentauri\sunSpikes.png".

That would be the issue. Thanks!

@Phineas Freak i not have doubt you was not working to came with a proper release :) i am not rushing you with anything, i just test my self how thing goo & post feedback or help ppls who need it :wink:

About black cloud simple question @Galileo black cloud it apear when you edit & hit apply thing in Eve UI ? coz it sems that's it make them triger instant & i will post a simple test (picture are made with experimental version scattererTrackingStation upgrade to scattererWobblingFIX then upgrade to auroraFix) i will check if v 300 it doo same thing
Fresh Load game
xBhPXKy.png
Open Eve UI & just hiting Apply

YU0z8iT.png

Same file load same setting v300 test +apply test all is look fine
M0x0suE.png

Edited by Blacks

@Galileo i done all combination what i can to narrow the issue & for me is clear v256 was work fine with volumetric cloud, from experimental (each zip file what i get & test), how i say in a early post, i see black volumetric cloud sneak in, first time i was belive i done something bad on my side pushing to much eve :D it will not be first time when i scrue up thing badly :D. In V300 for me black cloud not want to appear in with what config i test at list till now. When you will release a test version or a final version i will grab & see how it goo
all test done was with:
Kerbal Space Program - 1.2.2.1622 (WindowsPlayer x64)
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570 CPU @ 3.40GHz (4)
RAM: 8153
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB (2986MB)
SM: 30 (Direct3D 9.0c [nvd3dumx.dll 21.21.13.7633])
RT Formats: ARGB32, Depth, ARGBHalf, Shadowmap, RGB565, Default, ARGB2101010, DefaultHDR, ARGBFloat, RGFloat, RGHalf, RFloat, RHalf, R8
Shorcut using only -popupwindow

When I updated to the latest version of scatterer (v0.0300), this keeps getting spammed in the log and the framerate tanks:

[LOG 19:00:39.591] [Scatterer] Added eclipse caster Mun for Kerbin
[LOG 19:00:39.592] [Scatterer] Added eclipse caster Minmus for Kerbin
[LOG 19:00:39.597] [Scatterer] Atmosphere config found for: Kerbin
[EXC 19:00:39.619] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    scatterer.Manager.getDirectionToSun ()
    scatterer.SkyNode.InitPostprocessMaterial (UnityEngine.Material mat)
    scatterer.SkyNode.Start ()
    scatterer.Manager.Awake ()
    scatterer.Core.Update ()

Hey, so, I launched KSP today and am suddenly getting a framerate of approximately zero (it's usually fine). A quick glance at the logs shows insane NRE spam from Scatterer:

[LOG 01:37:06.578] [Scatterer] Added eclipse caster Mun for Kerbin
[LOG 01:37:06.579] [Scatterer] Added eclipse caster Minmus for Kerbin
[LOG 01:37:06.583] [Scatterer] Atmosphere config found for: Kerbin
[EXC 01:37:07.107] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    scatterer.Core.Update ()

Over and over again. I'm running quite a lot of mods, but nothing like RSS or anything. I've also not modified any of the Scatterer config. Just Stock Visual Enhancements.

Edited by cyberpunkdreams

48 minutes ago, cyberpunkdreams said:

Hey, so, I launched KSP today and am suddenly getting a framerate of approximately zero (it's usually fine). A quick glance at the logs shows insane NRE spam from Scatterer:

[LOG 01:37:06.578] [Scatterer] Added eclipse caster Mun for Kerbin
[LOG 01:37:06.579] [Scatterer] Added eclipse caster Minmus for Kerbin
[LOG 01:37:06.583] [Scatterer] Atmosphere config found for: Kerbin
[EXC 01:37:07.107] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    scatterer.Core.Update ()

Over and over again. I'm running quite a lot of mods, but nothing like RSS or anything. I've also not modified any of the Scatterer config. Just Stock Visual Enhancements.

If you read back the last page, you would see SVE does not work with the latest update. Use the version packaged. I package it for a reason. So even if there is an update you have a version to play with. I will have a version of SVE out soon that includes the latest scatterer.