[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

16 minutes ago, Rodger said:

Yeah... Looks like I spoke too soon lol. The halos are better in map view, but in flight they're still there.

Well, at least it was worth a try. Thanks again, even though it didn't pan out for either of us. 

8 hours ago, TedwinKnockman66 said:

@blackrack I have a little question, it's possible to make dark side of planets with atmospheres more darker with your mod?

Since 1.3 you can change the ambient lighting in stock KSP. Works great together with scatterer to produce the effect I'm assuming you're looking for. Check out the pic below (not mine):

ao43arbvj09z.png

On 13.07.2017 at 10:45 PM, Galileo said:

Cool. It may be an SVE issue. I don't recall any issues, but I'll look into it today at some point.

in the mean time, remove all mods and reinstall. Make sure you have the latest SVE as well.

Can't confirm that from SVE because I'm not using SVE (if only it's don't somehow included in AstronomerVisualPack - https://github.com/themaster402/AstronomersVisualPack/releases) but still have same problem.

It's almost certainly repeated with any craft on low Minmus orbit / landed on minmus, instantly just after launching game and loading save with craft landed on Minmus.

Unfortunately I have a lots of mods so there's endless possibilities for conflicts :(  Because of that my logs barely can help you, but I will still provide them.

Log : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7M4d3RJWfusdDM3WFpxNVJZa2M (there's also bug in recent TAC LS dev release that spam a lot of warnings, it's don't related with that issues because it's happened with previous TAC LS releases too)

Game folder : http://i.imgur.com/4VApOo1.jpg

Hey guys! Anyone know if Scatterer supports multiple light sources?

Reason I'm asking is because I have 2 stars but when the atmosphere is "lit" by the Sun, it goes a little... Buggy. With the primary star as its light source and the sun not lighting the planet, it is only lit by that star. That's fine - but when the sun shines on the atmosphere, the post processing freaks out and looks as if it is off, like at night time.

Screenshots coming tomorrow

screenshots:

DEsvzGc.png

Here are the light sources:

aZNfIQF.png

This problem only occurs when Kerbol shines on the planet, since the planet uses the second (pink) star as the "sun celestial body."

Edit: tagging @blackrack as this appears to be a bug.

Edited by Gameslinx

to all - try this while Scatterer is installed with Kopernicus

@Kopernicus:FINAL
{
  @Body[Kerbin]
  {
    @Atmosphere
    {
      %enabled = false
    }
  }
}

Head to the flight scene. Look up. Enjoy the view :)

Edited by Drew Kerman

Currently I use only SVT for visuals. What I'd the most straight forward and trouble free setup for visuals at the moment? Just scattered? SVE? EVE?

I don't really know much about the differences between the packages, and I want something that I can just set up and look at without too much mucking about. Mostly I install a with CKAN but happy to do manual installs.

Thanks.

P.s. Should mention I'm planning on using kopernicus.

Edited by strudo76

Hey strudo76,

SVT SVE comes with EVE, Scatterer and Kopernicus and some well trimmed configs. I personally like it and feel it is well maintained. So this might be an idea to start with. But a word of caution: SVT SVE - and most other visual mod/-packages have a huge impact on resources, so you should have enough RAM, processing power and a capable graphics adapter to get all that beauty at a sensible frame rate. 

Cheers

Edited by SchrottBot
Ooops! Mixed up SVT an SVE (Stock Visual Enhancement) even twice. Of cource ist SVE that comes with EVE and Scatterer. 'Twas late ... =)

4 hours ago, sigmareaver said:

I'm in KSP 1.2.2 with the latest versions for 1.2.2 of Galileo's Planet Pack, EVE, and Scatterer.

Gael's oceans are invisible for me. Has anyone else had this issue and/or know of a solution?

This is probably because you are missing configs for your custom planet, this is not a scatterer problem, ask in your Planet Pack's thread.

21 hours ago, strudo76 said:

Currently I use only SVT for visuals. What I'd the most straight forward and trouble free setup for visuals at the moment? Just scattered? SVE? EVE?

I don't really know much about the differences between the packages, and I want something that I can just set up and look at without too much mucking about. Mostly I install a with CKAN but happy to do manual installs.

Thanks.

P.s. Should mention I'm planning on using kopernicus.

SVT is a 'terrain' pack, so only has ground textures for planetary bodies, you are probably talking about SVE which has the clouds and water, SVE comes with scatterer and EVE, EVE does clouds, scatterer does light and water.

22 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

to all - try this while Scatterer is installed with Kopernicus

@Kopernicus:FINAL
{
  @Body[Kerbin]
  {
    @Atmosphere
    {
      %enabled = false
    }
  }
}

Head to the flight scene. Look up. Enjoy the view :)

What does this do?

On 7/19/2017 at 6:41 AM, Gameslinx said:

Hey guys! Anyone know if Scatterer supports multiple light sources?

Reason I'm asking is because I have 2 stars but when the atmosphere is "lit" by the Sun, it goes a little... Buggy. With the primary star as its light source and the sun not lighting the planet, it is only lit by that star. That's fine - but when the sun shines on the atmosphere, the post processing freaks out and looks as if it is off, like at night time.

Screenshots coming tomorrow

screenshots:

Here are the light sources:

This problem only occurs when Kerbol shines on the planet, since the planet uses the second (pink) star as the "sun celestial body."

Edit: tagging @blackrack as this appears to be a bug.

Have you tried turning off godrays, and shadows?

Edited by selfish_meme

5 minutes ago, selfish_meme said:

What does this do?

Zenith Eclipse

Except this was edited to dim the skybox so that it still looked like there was some atmosphere overhead. You don't need an eclipse. The raw effect is transcendental - depending on how cool your skybox is. Seriously just try it

6 hours ago, sigmareaver said:

I'm in KSP 1.2.2 with the latest versions for 1.2.2 of Galileo's Planet Pack, EVE, and Scatterer.

Gael's oceans are invisible for me. Has anyone else had this issue and/or know of a solution?

You have to use scatterer version 0.0300. The latest scatterer does not work with GPP currently due to the cfg structure changes. When I update GPP, it will support the latest scatterer.  

Edited by Galileo

On 15.07.2017 at 3:16 AM, qromodynmc said:

I love how scatterer makes game look beyond beautiful but there is one issue keeps annoying me;

Planes look like they're out of place, they have almost zero lighting from ambiance. I wonder if blackrack or somebody else has plan to do anything about it. It'd be totally epic.

Do you use Planetshine?

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/851595411700855724/7E3A5FE9E52AFE3CF8678B742F143380C4E3F5C6/

I reinstall all visual mods but the line became blue, there a config to change?

I read a lot of pages back and read anything about layers 2d and the terminator dawn/dusk lines, but i dont see nothing about changes colors in terminator lines. My question is, changing sunflares to a blue or red changes the color of dawn/dusk?

Edited by Leandro Basi
Picture

7 hours ago, Leandro Basi said:

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/851595411700855724/7E3A5FE9E52AFE3CF8678B742F143380C4E3F5C6/

I read a lot of pages back and read anything about layers 2d and the terminator dawn/dusk lines, but i dont see nothing about changes colors in terminator lines. My question is, changing sunflares to a blue or red changes the color of dawn/dusk?

FWIW I'm seeing the same thing here.

Hello scatterer!

I have been dealing with a peculiar problem for the past few days. I've tried adjusting the shadow bias and normal bias to no avail. The problem in question is that Kerbin's oceans look.. off.. (image of problem below)

Graphics mods installed that may have something to do with this:

• EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements (with its normal configs)
  • Kopernicus (probably doesn't count as graphics but putting it here just in case)
  • Scatterer (of course)
  • Stock Visual Terrain

And finally, the image.

ZtIi0Jw.jpg

Hey @blackrack I just wanted to thank you, every time I think I am used to what you have done for us, something comes along and I am caught by surprise again, I took my Saturn V to Minmus last night with a new install of AVP and KSPRC, and it was spectacular, mostly thanks to you. The return home is one of the most beautiful moments in game I have ever seen. Twitch Stream (start at 13m of the two hours)

fAIBfVm.png 

13 hours ago, Leandro Basi said:

(I was just about to refer you to the Stock Visual Enhancements page until I realized!)

SVE has scatterer configs that take advantage of the "EVE-Scatterer integration" feature of scatterer to modify the terminators, in this case the terminator was modified to be blue-ish. I'm pretty sure that these parameters change the look of dawns and dusks.