[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

So, I downloaded the mod, put the game data into the game data folder, and when I loaded my save (1.4.1) the entire sky and water were bright white, and any planet that had an atmosphere or water was bright white in those locations. I then messed with all the settings trying to find what might work, however nothing would, still just all white. If there is any way to fix this please tell me. 

1 hour ago, Sesadre said:

So, I downloaded the mod, put the game data into the game data folder, and when I loaded my save (1.4.1) the entire sky and water were bright white, and any planet that had an atmosphere or water was bright white in those locations. I then messed with all the settings trying to find what might work, however nothing would, still just all white. If there is any way to fix this please tell me. 

I am pretty sure it says it is not compatible with 1.4, Blackrack will update it when he has time and inclination

Well, you don't put the gamedata folder into the gamedata folder. You put the scatterer folder that's inside the gamedata folder into your gamedata folder.

7 hours ago, Galileo said:

Well, you don't put the gamedata folder into the gamedata folder. You put the scatterer folder that's inside the gamedata folder into your gamedata folder.

gamedata\gamedata - the oldest archive unpacking troll move ever.

So I've been having an issue with Scatterer where at certain altitudes everything goes black except the body I'm orbiting. When I uninstall Scatterer the issue goes away. The only other mods I have installed are EVE and Near Future Solar. Any help is appreciated!

With Scatterer:

https://i.imgur.com/dJJWr1Y.png

Without Scatterer:

https://i.imgur.com/Vx6AGRa.png

21 minutes ago, xlander684 said:

So I've been having an issue with Scatterer where at certain altitudes everything goes black except the body I'm orbiting. When I uninstall Scatterer the issue goes away. The only other mods I have installed are EVE and Near Future Solar. Any help is appreciated!

With Scatterer:

Without Scatterer:

Known issue. A fix will come, no doubt.

21 hours ago, Galileo said:

Still doesn't work, just all white. I also got this weird effect on the water. 

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1334452131

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1334451981

Edited by Sesadre

That’s definitely because the mod is not installed correctly. Pleas post a screenshot of your gamedata folder.

On 9.3.2018 at 8:14 AM, ArmandoA said:

Hello guys , im new using this mod but apparently its been quite a significant hit in fps  (i have a 1080ti gpu)

I was wondering if theres anything I can do to minimize the performance requirements of this mod?

thanks

If a 1080ti is not enough to get the full eyecandy in KSP, then what is the recomended hardware??

I know KSP performance wise does not much care for your GPU, its the CPU that matters the most. But I always assumed the nice graphic stuff will be done on the GPU. Is this correct?

Hi everyone, I have been working on a performance update for EVE for the last week and haven't really had time to fix the new scatterer issues. I will fix soon, in the meantime check out my reduced CPU usage for the EVE volumetrics:

On 3/14/2018 at 1:23 AM, Mark Kerbin said:

Im just not getting scatterer at all. The little menu thing shows at boot up but there are no effects to be seen anywhere. =(

Check the OP for how to report a bug correctly.

On 3/16/2018 at 9:53 PM, Gidreess said:

wut is that (ksp 1.4)G4vwiMR.png

Use Antialiasing or wait for the fix to be released.

On 3/17/2018 at 3:34 AM, Sesadre said:

Check the OP for how to report a bug correctly.

12 hours ago, xlander684 said:

With Scatterer:

Without Scatterer:

Known issue on 1.4-1.4.1, on my list to fix.

47 minutes ago, Dafni said:

If a 1080ti is not enough to get the full eyecandy in KSP, then what is the recomended hardware??

I know KSP performance wise does not much care for your GPU, its the CPU that matters the most. But I always assumed the nice graphic stuff will be done on the GPU. Is this correct?

Personally I'm fine with a gtx 1060 and you could be fine with less, just keep in mind that the combination of EVE+scatterer can be very expensive due to several reasons. I will also work on improving scatterer's performance.

KSP: 1.4 Windows

Problem: White Atmosphere/Ocean

Mods installed:

Scatterer - 0.0326

EVE

Distant Objects

KRE

Space Y

SVE

Flags

Reproduction steps:

You don't really need to reproduce it when it's constantly bright white. 

Log:

Please do not paste logs in threads. Many browsers can't cope, and this prevents many people reading the threads.    

Instead, copy logs to a file-sharing site and paste the link in your post.   

Many thanks!

Edited by softweir
Log snipped

9 hours ago, Dafni said:

heck, from personal experience, a GTX 1050 Ti and a Haswell i3 is pretty good with AVP+Scatterer  (at least until you look directly at jool's 6 cloud layers)

On 01/03/2018 at 11:41 AM, purpleivan said:

I have the latest version of Scatterer (0.0324) and it appears to have sorting issues with Laythe and Jool.

7BF57ar.png

Looking at the release notes, there seemed to be an issue with this that was fixed back in v0.0234 (Fixed draw order issue where clouds on Jool render over Laythe's sky.)

I gave the past couple of months in the thread to see if this was a known issues, but didn't see any posts related to it.

I'm running KSP 1.3.1 with SVE (v1.2.8.0) and EVE (v1.2.2.1) addons.

If there's any other useful infomation I can provide let me know.

I've got a bunch of brave adventurers headed for Laythe to set up a colony, but now they're all crying they won't be able to send pretty Jool rise pictures to the folks back home.

I've always this issue in 1.4.1 (that I already had in 1.3.1). I've made some tests, and while I zooming out very far from ship view, I noticed that there is a sort of cube where my ship is in the center of it. And when the view is out from this cube the issue disappear. I got this issue only around Jool for now.

See on pics:

Maybe it will help to find a solution.

On 18/03/2018 at 11:40 AM, Dafni said:

I'm running a GTX 670 with an i5-3670k and I get good performance at 1200p with all but the more extreme vehicle part counts. Scatterer's rendition of Jool doesn't seem to be a significant load for my setup.

T2cE2YI.png

6MC0tQ1.png

Strangely though in 1.4.1 Jool looks very dark and featureless (the pic above was taken on the fully lit side of the planet).

First time I'd been out there in this version... quick jump via Hyperedit to get the FPS number.

3 hours ago, Le_Dune said:

Hello i have a bug with scatterer, when i’m in space after a time warp, i can only see my vessel and sun but the stars and others thinks disappear.. what i can do ? 

Sorry for my bad English:/ 

if this is 1.4, we know, it's being fixed. also, your english was decent, better than some americans i've met lmao.

Edited by N70

10 hours ago, N70 said:

Hello i have a bug with scatterer, when i’m in space after a time warp, i can only see my vessel and sun but the stars and others thinks disappear.. what i can do ? 

Sorry for my bad English:/ 

Same problem in 1.4.1 since the new update (0.0326). I have to disabled the Ocean Shaders to work