[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

37 minutes ago, JBore said:

Can I ask what model/year you're using? I'm wondering if this is video card specific, since Macs are so standardized .... 

And that is exactly the crespulent lighting that makes this mod so wonderful.

I am using MacBook Pro Retina from mid 2015, 2.8 Ghz Core i7 on macOS Sierra 10.12.6

This machine has two GPUs: Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB and AMD Radeon R9 M370X. I assume it activates the Radeon when KSP is running and I don't know if there is a way to enforce the Intel to check if the halo is gone then. Does anyone know?

Maybe the halo is an AMD thing on OSX?

Edited by Epoxid

Graphical Glitch with scatter.  I get this white across my screen at the KSC.  It moves up and down depending how i zoom in and out.  It went away when i turned AA off and when i uninstall scatterer.

Hardware: Intel I7 4790k @4.6, 32Gb DDR3, Nvdia GTX 1080TI

Output log:    https://www.dropbox.com/s/re4o6tkb41qcafm/output_log.txt?dl=0

Mod list and pictures of error:  

Edited by HaydenTheKing

21 minutes ago, Galileo said:

What do you mean?

For example if there was a planet between two stars, both sides of the atmosphere would be lit up. In the latest Kopernicus and scatterer, scatterer only uses 1 mainSunBody (I think it's called that), and only 1 side is lit by 1 star.

If that made any sense I congratulate you

Getting an NRE running GPP.         "Volumetric clouds error on planet: GaelSystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at scatterer.SkyNode.mapEVEvolumetrics () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 "    Is this anything to be worried about?     Output  
Mod List

Edited by Motokid600

On 9/2/2017 at 7:05 AM, Gameslinx said:

For example if there was a planet between two stars, both sides of the atmosphere would be lit up. In the latest Kopernicus and scatterer, scatterer only uses 1 mainSunBody (I think it's called that), and only 1 side is lit by 1 star.

it's not a sure bet, but given that blackrack has posted WIP of planetshine, which could require handling multiple light sources, it may be possible. I doubt he's treating the sun as a single light source and doing reflection calculations to get the amount of light bounced onto the farside of a moon from a planet like Jool. More likely is that Jool will have its own value for light output, thus be treated as a separate lighting source.

Edited by Drew Kerman

Just now, Agustin said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I'm going to give you a heads-up now, before someone bites your head off. In every thread (and in particular this one), if you have a bug, you really need to post your logs and a detailed description of it, including things such as reproducibility. Get those up as soon as possible, is my advice to you. :)

1 hour ago, Agustin said:

I am using scatterer-0.0300 for 1.3 Is that my problem?

Who can tell?  You've not provided any description or logs, so no one knows the version of KSP you're running, what mods you have, or any of the other myriad factors that would affect this.  Personally, I've seen a lot of glitches in passing or in detail, but I've not seen one that can create what appears to be a river near KSC.  Can't even be sure of that, considering it's only one screenshot.  You didn't even couch your reply considering what @CommanderSmith said in his post:

2 hours ago, CommanderSmith said:

I'm going to give you a heads-up now, before someone bites your head off. In every thread (and in particular this one), if you have a bug, you really need to post your logs and a detailed description of it, including things such as reproducibility. Get those up as soon as possible, is my advice to you. :)

So, as @Galileo as linked, also linked in the red-lettered last line of my signature, I suggest you read the post linked there about how you should properly report an issue so that people can help you.  If you don't, there's nothing we can do.

Edited by Jacke

2 hours ago, Agustin said:

I am using scatterer-0.0300 for 1.3 Is that my problem? 

Yes, that is an issue. If you use v0.0300 in 1.3, the ocean shaders absolutely have to be disabled or you will get floating terrain tiles or what you see in your screenshots.

6 hours ago, Teobald said:

Hello fellow kerbonauts!

I have a problem with the ocean. I get no refelctions. It looks like this. I have all settings enabled in scatterer (I'm using EVE).

https://imgur.com/a/o4ox3

I really hope you can help me! I tried reinstall the game as well.

@Teobald, I suggest you read this first - How To Get Support (READ FIRST) - Technical Support (PC, modded installs) - Kerbal Space Program Forums

Which versions of KSP, Scatterer and EVE are you using?

19 hours ago, Brigadier said:

@Teobald, I suggest you read this first - How To Get Support (READ FIRST) - Technical Support (PC, modded installs) - Kerbal Space Program Forums

Which versions of KSP, Scatterer and EVE are you using?

Hi again! I'm using:

Scatterer 0.032b

KSP 1.3

EVE 1.2.2-1

I'm also using stock size RSS if that could have any impact.

Edited by Teobald
missed mods

Found this in the log:

[Scatterer] Atmosphere config not found for: Earth

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

[Scatterer] Removing Earth from planets list

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at scatterer.SkyNode.saveToConfigNode () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at scatterer.SkyNode.OnDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at scatterer.Manager.OnDestroy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at scatterer.SkyNode.loadFromConfigNode () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at scatterer.Manager.Awake () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at scatterer.Core.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Update. "Ocean: Refraction Effects" in the main menu scatterer settings causes the problem.

I have an issue with violent

"[EXC 13:07:44.728] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    scatterer.RefractionCamera.OnPreCull ()"

exception spam after loading/switching to a vessel on Duna. I've also tested Eve and Laythe so far and they work with no issues.

Reproduction: start a new game -> build 3-part canister with engine -> cheat-land it on Duna. At this point everything is OK. If you quicksave-quickload now, the problem will appear.

Switching to Duna-vessel also causes the problem.

KSP.log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-CeLSG9s3dCUTNxaWYyaEpQTkE (the only one I managed to find)

GameData folder:

6EENztE.png

Edited by chukovskiy

1 hour ago, Agustin said:

Hi, anyone knws how to disable everything but the water effets? I a using sci fi visual enhancements but it's too laggy. I just want the water effects fro scatterer. How can I do that in a simple eeasy way to explain?

Not possible. Also,the ocean shaders are the most demanding part of scatterer so disabling everything else probably wouldn't help very much, even if it was possible.

I have a good bunch of mods installed (SVE, SVT, and a multitude of non graphical mods), so it may not be wholly the fault of scatterer, but I figured this would be the first place to look:

(Filename:  Line: -1)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at scatterer.RefractionCamera.OnPreCull () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

This line gets spammed ad infinitum when I'm near the surface of the Mün, and only that body. I thought at first (didn't look at the verbose logs, just the in-game console) that it could be all the physics-enabled terrain scatter, but those still render a few hundred meters up while the error spam (and associated lag) does go away at that height.

Edited by Ivy