[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

I have a problem with the newest version. I was using scatterer fine for a while but I updated through CKAN, and a few stock things (a part of the space center and multiple stock parts) became solid pink, in the "texture missing" kind of pink. I removed scatterer and the problem was solved.

What am I looking at? :P

I think it's a long exposure photograph, I guess he created it using the pixelstick device he mentioned, apparently it reads images from an SD card and with its LEDs it can show parts of the image, he moves it and because it's a long exposure photo, it basically recreates the image.

I think it's a long exposure photograph, I guess he created it using the pixelstick device he mentioned, apparently it reads images from an SD card and with its LEDs it can show parts of the image, he moves it and because it's a long exposure photo, it basically recreates the image.

Bingo. The technique is known as light painting, for the photogs. The most common application of the technique is the ubiquitous child writing words in the air using a sparkling stick at night. Most subtle applications involve total darkness and indirect manual illumination of the subject by way of hand held flash lights with "brush strokes" of light. Then there is what I did. Also, this:

a255xg.jpg

These have only been proof of concept images so far, the real fun starts now that the snow is gone...

Bingo. The technique is known as light painting, for the photogs. The most common application of the technique is the ubiquitous child writing words in the air using a sparkling stick at night. Most subtle applications involve total darkness and indirect manual illumination of the subject by way of hand held flash lights with "brush strokes" of light. Then there is what I did. Also, this:

http://i61.tinypic.com/a255xg.jpg

These have only been proof of concept images so far, the real fun starts now that the snow is gone...

Ha! I saw that in the roll of pictures at the bottom of the screen. xD Best of luck with what comes!

I've just done my first ride with the last version... I'm not a very reliable tester, since I'm working with a dx9 card and I use some other mods (PS, DOE, wip-EVE and TR)... but... but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=La-aA1X3WnE

Just wait to see my incoming imgur album... Yeah, yeah, this still has bugs and so on... But it's going in the right direction and the combo of this with the next EVE version will be mindblowing for the KSP players.

I'm tempted to randomly throw the intro of that into the cinematic I make. xD

Edited by Avera9eJoe

blackrack; version .15 is giving me pink instead of appropriate textures in many areas but mostly the tier one KSC buildings (in my sandbox save the tier 3 buildings look fine, except the pink flag on the flag pole). many parts have pink instead of their textures too, especially a lot of the USI parts. Tried in both opengl and not in opengl. win 8.1, geforce 750m (2gb), core i7, 16 gb ram and version .14 show pink, but in different areas, mainly the loading icon in the bottom right of the screen. None of the .15 pink was there in .14; though the effect looks fantastic.

Edited by Errol

Just did a test just WOW it adds a look of distance and that sun rise is fantastic. Just got ot get it compatible with EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements and KSP is then better than NASA.

I love it, but I can confirm- with 0.15, the Mk1 pod memorial is pink. Possibly a couple other things too.

Though I can't really be sure, because it just might be the 64-bit hack reacting badly to scatterer. Someone else reported this, too, so I think I'm pretty safe saying this.

Also, yay EVE compatibility! And yay scattering! And yay mods! Mods are good. I like mods.

I love it, but I can confirm- with 0.15, the Mk1 pod memorial is pink. Possibly a couple other things too.

Though I can't really be sure, because it just might be the 64-bit hack reacting badly to scatterer. Someone else reported this, too, so I think I'm pretty safe saying this.

Also, yay EVE compatibility! And yay scattering! And yay mods! Mods are good. I like mods.

I have this problem too. Also the 'zoom in on the VAB' glitch again. Both disappeared when I uninstalled :/.

blackrack; version .15 is giving me pink instead of appropriate textures in many areas but mostly the tier one KSC buildings (in my sandbox save the tier 3 buildings look fine, except the pink flag on the flag pole). many parts have pink instead of their textures too, especially a lot of the USI parts. Tried in both opengl and not in opengl. win 8.1, geforce 750m (2gb), core i7, 16 gb ram and version .14 show pink, but in different areas, mainly the loading icon in the bottom right of the screen. None of the .15 pink was there in .14; though the effect looks fantastic.

Yup, same problem for me, Textures in the buildings and parts of the fuel tanks are pink after the upgrade:

ZBDAhprh.jpg

pFgLvnfh.jpg

I'm getting one thing (the mk1 pod memorial) showing as pink in the space center screen and then some parts as well (mk1-2 command pod, probodobodyne rovemate, stayputnik, R10 rcs, r25 rcs, flt200, flt800, both holding tanks, O10 engine, flea SRB, large RW, hubmax connector, just the wheel part of the mk3 wheel, both service bays and the m700 scanner)

Most stuff is fine, not sure why these parts in particular are pink

For everyone getting the pink missing textures thing just download an old version of scatterer and stick the "replacement shaders" folder into the new version, that should fix it for now. This will get you back to the old low-res terrain, if you don't want low-res just don't replace any of the shaders that have PQS in the name.

Oh, and it seems the only shader that needs replacing is terrain (and possibly ocean if that is how you are doing things) all other shaders are writing to the depth buffer now :)

Alright, I haven't really been keeping up so I missed this.

Using 0.015, OpenGL, ANISO off, and replaced non PQS files in "replacement shaders" folder. So far everything looks good but my loading icon between scene changes is now pink. I can live with that though. No other pink/missing textures or lines in the sky :)

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Wonderful, wondelful job Blackrack.

Some notes: dx9, win 8.1, core to quad

- This is a mix of the actual state of KSPRC (wip-EVE, DOE, PS & TR) + lattest scatterer. Without fine tunning yet.

- Pink textures solved with your tip

- Atmo is working in map view, clouds are visible but the surface of the planet not (sometimes this view show the wrong flare -the inside atmo one, instead the stock one-, sometimes the atmo appears behind the planet or a bit displaced from it).

- Clouds are visible now, yes, but the scattering still overlaps the clouds layers if you look them in the horizon. This same problem appeared in the first stages of development of wip-EVE, so probably Rbray89 knows a solution for that.

This and EVE should be brethren mods.

Edited by Proot

http://imgur.com/a/niokn

- This is a mix of the actual state of KSPRC (wip-EVE, DOE, PS & TR) + lattest scatterer. Without fine tunning yet.

- Atmo is working in map view, clouds are visible but the surface of the planet not (sometimes this view show the wrong flare -the inside atmo one, instead the stock one-, sometimes the atmo appears behind the planet or a bit displaced from it).

- Clouds are visible now, yes, but the scattering still overlaps the clouds layers if you look them in the horizon. This same problem appeared in the first stages of development of wip-EVE, so probably Rbray89 knows a solution for that.

so beautiful ;.;

- - - Updated - - -

Not only KSC is affected in OpenGL, but stock Service Bays (and maybe fairings too)

http://i.imgur.com/vStfmGW.jpg

don't use open gl is purple

http://imgur.com/a/niokn

Dear god proot, that gallery is amazing. And indeed, rbray has already told me a way to fix it, I'm not sure how long it may take me so I'm going to implement multiple planets first.

Also, great sunflare. And for that shot with the moon, did you lower the atmo transparency?

Using 0.015, OpenGL, ANISO off, and replaced non PQS files in "replacement shaders" folder. So far everything looks good but my loading icon between scene changes is now pink. I can live with that though. No other pink/missing textures or lines in the sky :)

Yeah, I've kind of been putting off fixing this since it doesn't really hurt the game in any way.

@proot -- I thought those were weird sheep in #5 in your gallery. :)

Looks like it might be time to mod the stock trees...

Edited by blackrack