[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

That is map view. From orbit works perfectly (for me at least).

Many thanks blackrack.

Oh, I see now, I misunderstood you, mapview could have different settings easily. The clouds in mapview should be easy to draw over the blue atmosphere too. That's actually a really great idea Proot, could even be used for orbit view past a certain altitude instead of postprocessing and stuff.

Edited by blackrack

I added EVE to the latest version of Scatterer and did the fix that blackrack mentioned for the pink shaders. I'm starting to regularly hit the 3.5GB limit and am crashing constantly. It crashes so much but it looks so good.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I messed around with OpenGL to see if it would help memory issues. It vastly improves them, but it messes with the AA and I get the black rings in the sky among other weirdness that's already been mentioned in the thread.

Here's a screen with OpenGL, Scatterer, and EVE just for the record.

9zrxaUy.jpg

Edited by Why485

Any chances for OpenGL compatibility?

Right now it's a hard choice between beutifulness (Scatterer + possibly EVE) and playability (ton of other mods needed) as game crash around 3 Gb RAM usage.

Edited by Dr. Jet

I added EVE to the latest version of Scatterer and did the fix that blackrack mentioned for the pink shaders. I'm starting to regularly hit the 3.5GB limit and am crashing constantly. It crashes so much but it looks so good.

http://imgur.com/a/eghSa

I messed around with OpenGL to see if it would help memory issues. It vastly improves them, but it messes with the AA and I get the black rings in the sky among other weirdness that's already been mentioned in the thread.

http://i.imgur.com/9zrxaUy.jpg

Right now it's a hard choice between beutifulness (Scatterer + possibly EVE) and playability (ton of other mods needed) as game crash around 3 Gb RAM usage.

So beautful. http://imgur.com/a/lwUkK

Just wish it didn't crash my computer so much...

So is there an actual problem with the mod's ram usage or is it the combination of EVE + scatterer?

I intend to support OpenGL better but later on.

Is it possible to use different sunglare?

I tried to change sunglare.png and it didn't do the trick.

http://i.imgur.com/vJd4uRb.png?1

It's possible, you probably just used a different format or something, when in doubt, just open up the sunglare I included in photoshop and paste your new sunglare over it.

Edited by blackrack

Am in same boat... I got longer between crashes using the '-force-d3d11' switch on KSP.exe however this causes it's own issues such as obscured planets (the atmosphere loses it's transparency), and a corrupted small font.

Using '-force-opengl' the game is reasonably stable for much longer but again it has issues of it's own, loading graphic is pink, atmosphere showing scanlines etc...

http://imgur.com/a/eghSa

http://i.imgur.com/9zrxaUy.jpg

So beautful. http://imgur.com/a/lwUkK

Just wish it didn't crash my computer so much...

Do the clouds move in your game? I use EVE with KSPRC configs and with scatter the clouds are still for some reason.

Just wanted to say, blackrack you're doing a fantastic job! been following this thread for a while, and this is definitely one of my favorite mods!

-Lowered memory usage (I expect your feedback on this)

Tested this on my 1.0.2 modded install, (no scatter 2.5Gb at KCS) with scatter it still gives a too a high usage of nearly 3.1Gb at KCS, but the same holds for EVE dev version.

KSP 1.0.x just behave EXTREMLY bad regarding memory usage in my situation. Don't know how it is for other, for me it ain't working.

So is there an actual problem with the mod's ram usage or is it the combination of EVE + scatterer?

I intend to support OpenGL better but later on.

It's really hard to tell considering KSP has never been good at memory management. My crashing became much more frequent once I installed EVE if only because I now start my game with 3GB of memory usage. I'll have to do more detailed testing to really say anything conclusive about the new version of Scatterer.

Edit:

Did some testing on my game with and without Scatterer. Even without Scatter, there is undoubtedly some kind of vanilla memory leak as the game's memory usage creeps up. However it doesn't seem to be as much without it. It also helps that without Scatterer, my initial memory usage (starting at the space center from fresh load) drops to 2.95 versus 3.24.

Edited by Why485

Does anybody know how to load an array of string or list of string using the configNode storage method? I'm following http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/entries/1265-An-Adventure-in-Plugin-Coding-7-Thanks-for-the-Persistence but it doesn't seem arrays/lists don't seem to work. Plus I can't actually load a class directly and assign it to the current class, instead I'm using ConfigNode.GetValue with every single variable.

Edited: Nevermind, I got it working.

Edited by blackrack

Hey blackrack, for fixing the OpenGL bugs, I believe you can in fact disable anisotropic filtering for your textures, not that there is any reason that there would be anisotropic filtering for those kind of textures. Do you have complete control over the shader loading code or is it offloaded to Unity/KSP core?

Hey blackrack, for fixing the OpenGL bugs, I believe you can in fact disable anisotropic filtering for your textures, not that there is any reason that there would be anisotropic filtering for those kind of textures. Do you have complete control over the shader loading code or is it offloaded to Unity/KSP core?

I actually did disable the anisotropic filtering for the textures but that didn't do it. Somehow KSP forces it over everything.

I just think EVE+Scatterer pushes me to the x86 memory limit rather quickly.

- - - Updated - - -

Do the clouds move in your game? I use EVE with KSPRC configs and with scatter the clouds are still for some reason.

The clouds are moving in my game (I don't use the KSPRC settings--and the EVE version I use is 7-4, not the overhaul).

Just wanted to say, blackrack you're doing a fantastic job! been following this thread for a while, and this is definitely one of my favorite mods!

KSPRC clouds are still, or just very, very, VERY slow.

Edited by RyanRising
Added a space.

KSPRC settings or issues are completely off topic here. Please don't flood here with that.

There is a post for EVE another for wip-EVE, a post for KSPRC and a whole subforum for Add-on affairs.

Maybe someone here can assist me.

I just did a fresh install and added some mods. Long story short, I narrowed down the mod culprit to Scatterer.

Basically that's are a handful of parts that now have a pink texture both in and out of the VAB.

I even loaded Scatterer alone and it's still causing an issue.

Does anyone know what's going on here?

I'd love this mod for my next play through but not if it's going to be causing me texture problems.

It doesn't make sense to me why or how this mod would even effect stock part textures.. but alas here I am.

Please help! :)

Thanks!

Maybe someone here can assist me.

I just did a fresh install and added some mods. Long story short, I narrowed down the mod culprit to Scatterer.

Basically that's are a handful of parts that now have a pink texture both in and out of the VAB.

I even loaded Scatterer alone and it's still causing an issue.

Does anyone know what's going on here?

I'd love this mod for my next play through but not if it's going to be causing me texture problems.

It doesn't make sense to me why or how this mod would even effect stock part textures.. but alas here I am.

Please help! :)

Thanks!

Blackrack posted a fix for this a few pages back. What you need to do is download a previous version of the mod, and merge the old releases "ReplacementShaders" fo9lder with the newer install. That should fix the issue until it is properly addressed. :D

Edited by Avera9eJoe