[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

2 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

?? It hasn't had any noticeable impact on performance on my end.... I'm pretty sure Blackrack made it so it wouldn't

My rig isn't particularly... powerful. Actually, it's not particularly a "rig" either, My setup is a laptop and a mouse. :P

Edited by VenomousRequiem

So, I am giving the latest version a shot and have encountered a few issues on Linux/OpenGL/GTX 960

1. The black oceans people were posting about a few threads back.

Spoiler

LwYq17X.png

2. The reload/load phasing of scattering, this is what it looks like when it's not loaded.

Spoiler

65gioUr.png

Edited by DuoDex
Spoiler tags? HAVE YOU ABANDONED ME TOO?

3 minutes ago, Djolox said:

Only visual mod that I have is scatterer so There can't be any conflicts, this has to do something with scatterer. I get weird lines on the water when I get close, anti-aliasing the higher the bug gets worse!

file:///C:/Users/User/Dropbox/2015-12-03_00007.jpg

P.S. I hope the link works, I am a total noob. If it doesn't let you to click the link just mark it and click "go to web address"

that isn't a hyperlink dude, it's a file address in your system, so it only works on your computer (unless someone has an image with the same title in the same folders on their computer, but then if the images are different it still won't work). Go to http://imgur.com and upload the screenshot there, then post the url imgur gives you here

1 minute ago, SkyKaptn said:

Sure, but there is just MechJeb, SpaceY, chatterer, Kerbal engineering, NavHud, Tac Fuel Balancer left. I can always do it though.

Alright, I could have sworn there is a kopernicus .dll somewhere. Well I'll try to reproduce it or just find a better way to do it. Do you have no errors in the debug log?

7 minutes ago, gkorgood said:

that isn't a hyperlink dude, it's a file address in your system, so it only works on your computer (unless someone has an image with the same title in the same folders on their computer, but then if the images are different it still won't work). Go to http://imgur.com and upload the screenshot there, then post the url imgur gives you here

I told you I'm a noob! :confused: I will try to fix it soon!

zkr4g6S.jpg

Fixed it!

Edited by Djolox

7 minutes ago, Jarvitä said:

Weird graphical artefacts on the new water shaders on Linux.

http://imgur.com/a/Cx1Sb

10 minutes ago, xxjetterxx said:

ARGH. I installed this just to be met with this: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=567909012

I'm running an AMD r9 280x LC, AMD fx 8350,  tried in both dx9 and dx11. What might be causing this?

11 minutes ago, Djolox said:

I told you I'm a noob! :confused: I will try to fix it soon!

Fixed it!

I have no idea what's causing these now. Please read the thread before posting, these get posted 10 times every page. Please stop reporting bugs that are already reported.

Some people suggested disabling edge highlighting helps. Again, read the thread.

4 minutes ago, T1mo98 said:

Is there any way you can turn off the sky shaders so you just have the ocean shaders?

Not right now, the ocean shader works off the sky shader in many ways. I could implement this but I have no interest in it.

10 minutes ago, sashan said:

I use OpenGL on WIndows, and my water is semi-transparent. I can see the outline of ocean bottom in distance, looks very weird. I remember very similar bug in a WIP-EVE about a year ago.

This is not a bug, this is the alpha value set to 0.9. Adjust it, variable alpha depending on distance/agnle is not implemented yet.

9 minutes ago, gkorgood said:

@blackrack, @Nhawks17, @rbray89 you have ruined me. I just looked at the sky out the window and thought to myself "hmm, that sunset looks like KSP..."

Actually this happens a lot to me in real life, it's not because of KSP, it's just that you learned what atmospheric scattering looks like.

Now look at this image and tell me what's the first thing that goes through your mind:

B7i9cVG.jpg

Edited by blackrack

34 minutes ago, DuoDex said:

So, I am giving the latest version a shot and have encountered a few issues on Linux/OpenGL/GTX 960

1. The black oceans people were posting about a few threads back.

Reveal hidden contents

LwYq17X.png

2. The reload/load phasing of scattering, this is what it looks like when it's not loaded.

Reveal hidden contents

65gioUr.png

Attempted the various suggested fixes (turning off part highlighting*** and removing SVE/EVE/Kopernicus then attempting a fresh install, restarts all the way through. No go. Stuff I still might be causing the issue : Planet Textures, Tarsier Space Technologies, will try removing those as well.

Seems that the reload thing is still broken :(***fixed water shaders, but only to an extent. If I look directly down, I get this.

Edited by DuoDex

I was testing too, and I still don't have any positive results. I tried different configurations combining different values of anti-aliasing and texture quality, disabling surface and underwater FX. Testing more tomorrow.

OK, seems as I have managed to reproduce the issue here... Loaded up a save where EVE had not been involved. Scatterer works just fine on Laythe. Then I copied EVE into gamedata and re-started. The ocean went back to those previous pictures I posted with a few waves on top of a flat sea. And even though I removed EVE after this, the savegame was somehow influenced by EVE. I could never come back to complete oceans again.

1E7C47949D84DF57E3E367E8729BBFFB897484CB

Just now, SkyKaptn said:

OK, seems as I have managed to reproduce the issue here... Loaded up a save where EVE had not been involved. Scatterer works just fine on Laythe. Then I copied EVE into gamedata and re-started. The ocean went back to those previous pictures I posted with a few waves on top of a flat sea. And even though I removed EVE after this, the savegame was somehow influenced by EVE. I could never come back to complete oceans again.

1E7C47949D84DF57E3E367E8729BBFFB897484CB

Maybe there's something in the EVE config files?

15 minutes ago, blackrack said:

No idea for now. We might have a better way to disable the stock ocean later on though.

I will test tomorrow by removing the two files inside the EVE folder: Compiled-OceanBack.shader and Compiled-SphereOcean.shader

Now it is almost midnight here in Norway...

Edited by SkyKaptn