[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

1 minute ago, davidy12 said:

@blackrack: I deleted the slashes and still nothing. (yeah it took a while to load)

Can you show me the config it should look like, to get it to work?

Don't touch the slashes, all you have to do is tweak the scale factor. Can you make sure the lens flare shader works on stock first?

I swear I'm being trolled.

3 minutes ago, blackrack said:

Don't touch the slashes, all you have to do is tweak the scale factor. Can you make sure the lens flare shader works on stock first?

I swear I'm being trolled.

Okay, I'm sorry if I'm trolling, but I'll test it.

Also, @blackrack: Just the last value?

Edited by davidy12

Hi @blackrack, the new update seems to be great!

Though I'm getting a few problems with it; The water appears black, and it doesn't appear even when zoomed in unlike my previous reports with them, and there seems to be something wrong with space when zoomed out;

4aTplx1.png

Thanks in advance!

8 hours ago, Columbia said:

Hi @blackrack, the new update seems to be great!

Though I'm getting a few problems with it; The water appears black, and it doesn't appear even when zoomed in unlike my previous reports with them, and there seems to be something wrong with space when zoomed out;

Thanks in advance!

Don't know really, there's not enough to go on here,  play more with the settings/features and check the logs.

8 hours ago, mcbmaestro said:

Blackrack. I just wanted to say you're all over the place helping us.  Thank you so much for making the magic happen and work.

Don't mention it.

9 minutes ago, selfish_meme said:

Your PayPal donation page comes up in French, wonder why there is no button to change it to Anglais

Thank you! I'm guessing because it's linked to a french bank account, though it's true, it's weird that there's no option to change it, I'll look around.

Thankyou based Frenchman of GFX.

btw has it been mentioned yet that sometimes when I use map view the terrain goes really dark?

Happened on my BDA install that uses DX, not happened yet on my OpenGL space exploration install.

6 minutes ago, Aegrim said:

Thankyou based Frenchman of GFX.

btw has it been mentioned yet that sometimes when I use map view the terrain goes really dark?

Happened on my BDA install that uses DX, not happened yet on my OpenGL space exploration install.

Nope, that seems new, post some screens. And btw I'm not french :P

hey @blackrack just an update of my shadow issue, tried to change many parameters as shadows cascades, AA, anisotropic like @Vegemeister but nothing worked.

it look to work nice with DX11 forced, sadly it give me bad performance. Also i have an exception in the debug, i can provide a log if you want to take a look.

despite this issue, the game look really nice, thanks for your time!

2 minutes ago, CamillyCA said:

hey @blackrack just an update of my shadow issue, tried to change many parameters as shadows cascades, AA, anisotropic like @Vegemeister but nothing worked.

it look to work nice with DX11 forced, sadly it give me bad performance. Also i have an exception in the debug, i can provide a log if you want to take a look.

despite this issue, the game look really nice, thanks for your time!

In my experience it still happpens in dx11, also depends on the terrain slope and the time of day, obviously. If it's the one exception/nullref after OnDestroy() is called you can ignore it, it's not a big deal.

Just now, Galahir950 said:

I was unable to find any posts about this. Do you know what happened to my ocean? It appears perfectly fine in game, but it is gone in all my screenshots. I was ~20 meters from the ocean surface. What other information do you need?

Log?  Is it possible that it's the system that KSP uses to render the water?  It may not be rendering that camera when in the screenshot.  Just a thought.

9 minutes ago, Galahir950 said:

I was unable to find any posts about this. Do you know what happened to my ocean? It appears perfectly fine in game, but it is gone in all my screenshots. I was ~20 meters from the ocean surface. What other information do you need?

Do you maybe have supersampling enabled for screenshots? I noticed that flares disappeared for me when I enabled supersampling, but otherwise they would appear. Perhaps it's a similar issue?

Edit: I'm willing to bet that's it, I just checked some screenshots I made yesterday that I hadn't looked at that included the ocean in them and they appear the same way.

Edited by HK-47
Checked it out

So I'm having some issues related to what I think is landscape shadows since I don't see as much problem with them turned off.

See imgur album below:

The patterns move as time goes on, I turned post processing off in one of them to show how the shadows appear to be rendering. I looked through at least 10 pages of the thread and did a search and couldn't turn up anything similar. Is there any familiarity with how to resolve this?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Galahir950 said:

Both the ocean and lens flare don't work with the built-in KSP screenshot function, use an external screenshot tool. In the future the lens flare is fixable but as far as I can tell the ocean isn't.

1 hour ago, wolveirne16 said:

So I'm having some issues related to what I think is landscape shadows since I don't see as much problem with them turned off.

See imgur album below:

The patterns move as time goes on, I turned post processing off in one of them to show how the shadows appear to be rendering. I looked through at least 10 pages of the thread and did a search and couldn't turn up anything similar. Is there any familiarity with how to resolve this?

Thanks!

Never saw this before, could you try forcing dx11 or another video mode and see if anything changes? And could you try playing with KSP rendering quality settings also?