[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

1 hour ago, Dead Pixel said:

I seem to have found a bug, or i have a faulty download and it's corrupted, but whenever you go into cockpit view and zoom in on something and exit out of cockpit view, it locks the FOV at whatever it was set to while zooming in, and it messes up scatterer that makes the ocean go away, the sky messed up, or have the atmosphere bug up.

http://imgur.com/a/V33fI

Most recent version of scatterer

Ksp 1.1

I don't know if my specs have anything to do with it, it has worked perfectly before 1.1

Nvidia Gtx-970

I5-4690K

I will check it out when I can.

3 minutes ago, Tricky14 said:

Can anyone give me some more specific advice on what to do with anisotropic filtering? Things usually break when I start to alter drivers, so I wouldn't mind some help. Running KSP on an NVidia 780

I can confirm that one also.

Terrain shadows appear to be completely messed in Unity 5 no matter what you do, in my testing nothing helped, dx11, opengl and anisotropic filtering didn't help it either unlike with Unity 4. You're welcome to do more testing though, force different aniso settings 2x 4x etc or test other driver-related options.

1 hour ago, isnowmobile said:

Not sure if this helps at all but in 1.1 when i go to cockpit view and use the scroll wheel to change the FOV I get the ocean flooding every time. I haven't been able to get the flooding to happen any other way. Hope this helps resolve some issues

1 hour ago, TheCrimsonCorndog said:

Still getting the ocean/coast flicker over here!  Anything I can do on my end to fix it myself or help you fix it?

You guys should check out the OP next time. It says in the known issues section

In 1.1 you might get the ocean flooding and behaving erratically, what causes this is unknown at the moment.

I can only imagine that Blackrack is a busy man and you all not reading the OP doesn't help :) 

You know I was just ditching in the ocean...as you do...and I was thinking, there is no visual cue pertaining to your distance from the water, no shadow or reflection. I guessing using raycasting would be quite expensive on the rendered water?

57 minutes ago, selfish_meme said:

You know I was just ditching in the ocean...as you do...and I was thinking, there is no visual cue pertaining to your distance from the water, no shadow or reflection. I guessing using raycasting would be quite expensive on the rendered water?

Have you tried enabled light reflections and just used landing lights?

21 hours ago, rbray89 said:

Also try resolution, and make sure that any other windows in the background are minimized. Also make sure all your drivers are up-to-date.

Ok so i tried it with lower resolution Fps goes up to 80 but overall KSP Is very blurred :-( also i noticed that fps drop is only on planets with oceans . Even with stock ksp i got 50 FPS when looking at planet with ocean and 180FPS when looking at mun surface so its rellated to ksp :-/

I just saw some strange behaviour when putting craft in orbit of Kerbin, when I went up the normal way it did not happen. So I hyperedited a capsule into 100km orbit and the bottom half of my screen got water rendered over it, I could see through it, like if you go underground at the KSC. Sorry I didn't take a screenshot, I thought it was my ISS replica that was playing up, that went very far from the camera view, still had portrait and stuff like everything was normal but water and ISS off in the distance. Anyway I thought I might mention it, I am on OpenGl, which I know you can't test so it might just be me, but strange it didn't affect a craft that launched to the same height.

1 hour ago, selfish_meme said:

I just saw some strange behaviour when putting craft in orbit of Kerbin, when I went up the normal way it did not happen. So I hyperedited a capsule into 100km orbit and the bottom half of my screen got water rendered over it, I could see through it, like if you go underground at the KSC. Sorry I didn't take a screenshot, I thought it was my ISS replica that was playing up, that went very far from the camera view, still had portrait and stuff like everything was normal but water and ISS off in the distance. Anyway I thought I might mention it, I am on OpenGl, which I know you can't test so it might just be me, but strange it didn't affect a craft that launched to the same height.

Yeah press rebuild ocean and it should clear it up. The ocean got a bit messed up now.

For some reason Scatterer is throwing nullrefs with the latest SVE/EVE, no other mods except for Squad and it can spam the same error on a modded install with 10k lines when rotating around alot.
No idea if it`s a Scatterer or EVE issue.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Utils.DeferredRenderer.OnWillRenderObject () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.Camera:RenderWithShader(Shader, String)
scatterer.CustomDepthBufferCam:OnPreRender()

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t9irgth7cr74vtv/output_log.txt?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q0w1lfftlazsyak/KSP.log?dl=0

11 minutes ago, Kamuchi said:

For some reason Scatterer is throwing nullrefs with the latest SVE/EVE, no other mods except for Squad and it can spam the same error on a modded install with 10k lines when rotating around alot.
No idea if it`s a Scatterer or EVE issue.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t9irgth7cr74vtv/output_log.txt?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q0w1lfftlazsyak/KSP.log?dl=0

Most important question you use EVE what came with SVE zip fille ? if yes then get last update from @rbray89 was release it corect some important nullreff spam ... if not then it will be a diferite problem

soo first get last update for EVE https://github.com/rbray89/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements & use SVE texture & Config file only ...

p.s. all who use SVE i will say MUST get last EVE release AnyCPU-EVE-Release.zip till @Nhawks17 it will release new full updated pack !!! 6.2, 6.3 not mater ... but i gues he will doo that after integrate Kopernicus to work to

Edited by Blacks

18 minutes ago, Blacks said:

Most important question you use EVE what came with SVE zip fille ? if yes then get last update from  rbray89 was release it corect some important nullreff spam ... if not then it will be a diferite problem

soo first get last update for EVE https://github.com/rbray89/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements & use SVE texture & Config file only ...

Thanks for the quick reply and solution :kiss:

Fished out the  AnyCPU-EVE.zip  with last build from 23 hours ago which fixed the nullspam issue and isn`t in the normal releases yet.

The fun of debugging after a new release, this one had me scratching my head for abit :D

Edit: where are my manners... Thank you for all your work! 

Edited by Kamuchi

Not sure if this has already been reported, but changing the FOV (alt+scrolling) makes the ocean angle up and be a vertical wall in front of my plane. Must be some weird issue with coordinates relative to the planet / the KSC / the craft / the camera 

16 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

You guys should check out the OP next time. It says in the known issues section

I can only imagine that Blackrack is a busy man and you all not reading the OP doesn't help :) 

I read the Known Issues, but the changelog states:

Issue where ocean flickers and bobs around with camera movements appears to be fixed

I'm just reporting that it's still an issue for me (other people too, apparently) and asking if there's any way I can help.

1 hour ago, TheCrimsonCorndog said:

I'm just reporting that it's still an issue for me (other people too, apparently) and asking if there's any way I can help.

Its an issue for me as well. Pretty much makes the mod unusable for anything but screenshots much of Kerbin flickers as you move the camera.

3 minutes ago, Numi said:

Its an issue for me as well. Pretty much makes the mod unusable for anything but screenshots much of Kerbin flickers as you move the camera.

2 hours ago, TheCrimsonCorndog said:

I read the Known Issues, but the changelog states:

Issue where ocean flickers and bobs around with camera movements appears to be fixed

So it seems some of you guys are confusing two completely different issues, the flickering issue referenced in the changelog and the known issues section is this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLX9f2OOFtk Now I would like to know if this was really fixed or if it still occurs.

The other is a fov-related issue which happens with the ocean appearing to be stuck at the old fov when you change your fov, this can be fixed by pressing "rebuild ocean" after you change your fov, I will fix it correctly when I can.

2 hours ago, Kamik423 said:

Not sure if this has already been reported, but changing the FOV (alt+scrolling) makes the ocean angle up and be a vertical wall in front of my plane. Must be some weird issue with coordinates relative to the planet / the KSC / the craft / the camera 

See above.

2 hours ago, rbray89 said:

also, for dx11:

Found the root cause: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/d3d-shader-create-error-for-shader-0x80070057-vs_5_0.355433/
Might be a solution here: http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/483671/directx-11-not-working-dx11-on-dx10-gpu.html
Looks like the proper fix would be in unity version  5.3.2

I am not sure this is the same issue, reading the text, it seems this affects non-dx11 cards failing to run a dx11 shader because the dx9 fallback isn't kicking in or something similar. Whereas I'm failing to run a dx11 shader on a dx11 card.