[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

1 minute ago, blackrack said:

So it seems some of you guys are confusing two completely different issues, the flickering issue referenced in the changelog and the known issues section is this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLX9f2OOFtk Now I would like to know if this was really fixed or if it still occurs.

Yes, that video demonstrates exactly what is happening for me.

7 minutes ago, blackrack said:

I am not sure this is the same issue, reading the text, it seems this affects non-dx11 cards failing to run a dx11 shader because the dx9 fallback isn't kicking in or something similar. Whereas I'm failing to run a dx11 shader on a dx11 card.

It seems to have happened to a few people running with a DX11 capable card as well. I've seen some pink shader issues on my machine running with DX11 intermittently. 

7 minutes ago, TheCrimsonCorndog said:

Yes, that video demonstrates exactly what is happening for me.

3 minutes ago, Numi said:

Same

Alright, nothing you can do at the moment.

1 minute ago, rbray89 said:

It seems to have happened to a few people running with a DX11 capable card as well. I've seen some pink shader issues on my machine running with DX11 intermittently. 

Well, there doesn't seem to be a solution there though, I might just include the shaders compiled with unity 4 and only use them when directx11 is detected, then again they work for me but might now work for everyone.

Edited by blackrack

3 minutes ago, blackrack said:

Well, there doesn't seem to be a solution there though, I might just include the shaders compiled with unity 4 and only use them when directx11 is detected, then again they work for me but might now work for everyone.

Yeah, I'm at a loss here too. I'm thinking that it may be a shader loading issue and plant to EVENTUALLY move to asset loading, but I haven't even looked at it yet.

3 minutes ago, rbray89 said:

Yeah, I'm at a loss here too. I'm thinking that it may be a shader loading issue and plant to EVENTUALLY move to asset loading, but I haven't even looked at it yet.

I would also like to stay away from asset bundles, it sounds like it's tedious and slows down testing.

On 4/20/2016 at 10:38 PM, blackrack said:

There is no "scatterer-master" folder, sounds like you downloaded the source code from github and attempted to put it in your game directory. Download the mod from here instead: http://spacedock.info/mod/141/scatterer extract and overwrite your gamedata folder with it.

This was great thanks for the help. Now i really need to know some recommended settings as the sky is now bright white. I think its scatterering too close or maybe to densely or something. This is what it currently looks like.

223.jpg

Id much prefer it looked like this image I found online 

screenshot46.png

also im planning to add SVE (eve) clouds later just FYI. I know how to get to the menus I just need to know which values to change and to what.

thanks in advance

Edited by Angelus2141
spelling

2 hours ago, Angelus2141 said:

This was great thanks for the help. Now i really need to know some recommended settings as the sky is now bright white. I think its scatterering too close or maybe to densely or something. This is what it currently looks like.

also im planning to add SVE (eve) clouds later just FYI. I know how to get to the menus I just need to know which values to change and to what

You shouldn't need to change _any_ settings.

Everything from the "-master" folder is uncompiled source code for development... it won't work in the game. You must only use what is from the download on SpaceDock.

Once you have downloaded the file from SpaceDock, remove all other Scatterer directories from GameData directory the put the new Scatterer folder there and start the game with the default settings. If it doesn't look right then there is another problem.

Once you have started it with the defaults and it looks ok, then you can start to change one setting at a time to customise it to your tastes, but it should look awesome without any changes.

8 hours ago, HYokin said:

I just dont know what im doing wrong... i just cant make the sunflare work :S

//sunFlare.png
flareSettings = 0.45,1,0.85

//sunSpikes.png
spikesSettings = 0.6,1,1

Sun flare is broken on OpenGL at the moment.

7 hours ago, Angelus2141 said:

Id much prefer it looked like this image I found online 

also im planning to add SVE (eve) clouds later just FYI. I know how to get to the menus I just need to know which values to change and to what.

thanks in advance

Make sure you don't have two scatterer directories or two scatterer.dll files in your GameData folder.

18 minutes ago, Jabbl said:

I ran into a problem:

In KSP 1.1 64-bit, the game crashes when creating or loading a game, with nothing more than scatterer installed:

http://imgur.com/a/zwwPL

Win7 x64

KSP 1.1.0.1230

Latest scatterer release (0.0244)

Worked fine with 1.0.5:

http://imgur.com/SVLtZAq

Don't force directx11, shaders are broken in directx11 at the moment and cause a crash or don't work at all.

Hi there o/

So I have been having what I believe is the fov issue some people have been talking about, especially when in orbit if you move the camera around you get a ball of water moving independently from kerbin lol, my question is where can this "rebuild ocean" button be found?

I also am getting NRE spam when looking "down" or towards the ocean, basically anytime the water shader is in view I think, stops happening when I look at the sky/away from the planet, in the log it's referencing something to do with scatterer however I do have SVE (with the latest EVE installed, I think) and texture replacer installed so it may not be scatterers fault, if any one has any ideas they would be much appreciated,  I'll do more testing when I'm off work.

Edited by Akira_R

1 minute ago, Akira_R said:

Hi there o/

So I have been having what I believe is the fov issue some people have been talking about, especially when in orbit if you move the camera around you get a ball of water moving independently from kerbin lol, my question is where can this "rebuild ocean" button be found?

I also am getting NRE spam when looking "down" or towards the ocean, basically anytime the water shader is in view I think, stops happening when I look at the sky/away from the planet, in the log it's referencing something to do with scatterer however I do have SVE (with the latest EVE installed, I think) and texture replacer installed so it may not be scatterers fault, if any one has any ideas they would be much appreciated,  I'll do more testing when I'm off work.

Alt+F10 will bring up the UI, press "ocean settings" then scroll down and press rebuild ocean.

Post the log file or whatever NRE spam you're getting

14 minutes ago, Akira_R said:

Hi there o/

About NRE spam if you have SVE is very important to know if you have last EVE release aka not that one who came with SVE zip ... from what you say is clear you not have it https://github.com/rbray89/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements  get AnyCPU-EVE-Release.zip & NRE spam it will stop aka it was fix by rbray89 > check video it show how NRE are triger

Spoiler

anyway posting logs always it help moder to track bugs & give a proper support

GL & Have fun

15 minutes ago, Blacks said:

About NRE spam if you have SVE is very important to know if you have last EVE release aka not that one who came with SVE zip ... from what you say is clear you not have it https://github.com/rbray89/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements  get AnyCPU-EVE-Release.zip & NRE spam it will stop aka it was fix by rbray89 > check video it show how NRE are triger

Hide contents

anyway posting logs always it help moder to track bugs & give a proper support

GL & Have fun

Yeah that is definitely the bug I am getting, I didn't post logs as I wasn't sure yet if the issue was definitely scatterer or something else. As I said I'm pretty sure I already have that EVE version, I'll have to check when I get home though.

22 hours ago, blackrack said:

So it seems some of you guys are confusing two completely different issues, the flickering issue referenced in the changelog and the known issues section is this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLX9f2OOFtk Now I would like to know if this was really fixed or if it still occurs.

Hello, is this the same issue? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADRXyi3F1Ig (I don't know why Youtube only shows 720p, but whatever, you can still see it) I can see some flickering at the seashore as in your video, but only with different pans.

This is a stock KSP 1.1 install in 32-bit mode (64 seems crashy?) on a GTX 760, no mods except Scatterer, which is left at stock settings except for disabling the two WIP features. I've played with various AA settings, anisotropic filtering, vsync, et al. and it didn't seem to make a difference.

2 hours ago, Decoherent said:

Hello, is this the same issue? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADRXyi3F1Ig (I don't know why Youtube only shows 720p, but whatever, you can still see it) I can see some flickering at the seashore as in your video, but only with different pans.

This is a stock KSP 1.1 install in 32-bit mode (64 seems crashy?) on a GTX 760, no mods except Scatterer, which is left at stock settings except for disabling the two WIP features. I've played with various AA settings, anisotropic filtering, vsync, et al. and it didn't seem to make a difference.

Yeah, it's the same issue, I will look more into it in the future, most of the time I cannot reproduce it, but sometimes it's there.