[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

On ‎28‎.‎06‎.‎2016 at 9:09 AM, MaximilianPs said:

Huston... KSS, we have a problem ! 

Any idea of which mod is causing this terrible effect ? 

is it 'cause I've installed the cloud mod too ?

i think u might be fine just to look for a file "shadows.cfg" which, IIRC, sets the shadows of different celestial bodies to others.

find the body u dont like it on and delete its config.

14 hours ago, autumnalequinox said:

I've had this happen once.  You should just be able to change scenes and come back and it should go away.  Did it?

I'll test is soon thnx ;)

2 hours ago, Speadge said:

i think u might be fine just to look for a file "shadows.cfg" which, IIRC, sets the shadows of different celestial bodies to others.

find the body u dont like it on and delete its config.

Fixed thanks :)

Is there anything more permanent than rebuilding ocean every time to fix this glitch? I tried the scatterer.dll posted a few pages back but it just reduced FPS to <1 while throwing 

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
          at scatterer.Core.Update ()

each second. RSS @ 1.1.2

On 20.6.2016 at 7:23 PM, blackrack said:

I haven't made any progress since my last post. I've got a lot going on IRL and rarely find the time or the energy to work on the mod anymore.

@blackrack is there any chance you might be able to update scatterer for 1.1.3 to have the sun flares back? I would guess most people don't need many new fancy things for now, but the sunflares are really missed :(

Edited by Tekener

1 hour ago, Berlin said:

Why would he when this works perfectly with EVE

well yes Eve & Scatterer work ok together, but if they will become 1 single mod it will be better from optimization perspective aka if you will dig deep you will see both they add / came with own > Shaders < unifies them & game i think it will benefit more. I know is not easy task, plus both moder are on diferite time zone with real life staff to do :)

1 hour ago, Edlu Kerman said:

Sorry, but... this mod sucks. Not only does it not work, but it breaks my game in three different ways. Even after I de-install it! :mad:

Well then you did something wrong both installing and uninstalling it and you're not going to be able to get help coming in here the way you are.

Edited by Starwaster

27 minutes ago, Starwaster said:

Well then you did something wrong both installing and uninstalling it and you're not going to be able to get help coming in here the way you are.

Ok. I've calmed down. What I did was I took the items out of the Gamedata folder, and pasted them into the KSP Gamedata. Since it did not work, I deleted all items that were in the Gamedata folder. With everything else, that works.

30 minutes ago, Starwaster said:

Also, I did post my issue in a modded support forum.

1 hour ago, Starwaster said:

Also, I did post my issue in a modded support forum.

Wait, that's weird. Scenarios work 100% fine, but my saved game "Works" doesn't.

On 7/6/2016 at 6:58 PM, MaximilianPs said:

have you ever thought to adding cloud like EVE ?

Well EVE already does clouds, so why reinvent the wheel?

However I thought if integrating some atmosphere-related effects with EVE:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/103963-wip112-scatterer-atmospheric-scattering-v00246-08052016-fixed-terrain-shadows/&page=163#comment-2503840

I also have something else in my mind but it's far away in the future.

21 hours ago, Edlu Kerman said:

Sorry, but... this mod sucks. Not only does it not work, but it breaks my game in three different ways. Even after I de-install it! :mad:

Uninstall and go away.

On 7/6/2016 at 1:18 PM, KERBALINA said:

I was wondering what happened to Scatterer, I kept going back to Spacedock and its still for 1.1.2. I still have 1.1.2 as some of the mods I like are not updated for 1.1.3.

On 7/6/2016 at 3:43 AM, Tekener said:

@blackrack is there any chance you might be able to update scatterer for 1.1.3 to have the sun flares back? I would guess most people don't need many new fancy things for now, but the sunflares are really missed :(

I will update it as soon as I can.

On 7/4/2016 at 3:35 PM, John007qwe said:

Whenever I stage, this graphical glitch occurs for a split second.

If I'm not mistaken this is a stock bug and happens without scatterer.