[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

8 hours ago, blackrack said:

What happens when you uncheck the load alternate dx11 option? Did this not happen with last version? Do you get the artifacts with previous version?

I still crash with the alternate DirectX 11 shaders options unchecked.

I am using the latest version v0.0247 which came with Stock Visual Enhancement v1.0.4. I have tested uninstalling SVE and using default Scatterer v0.0247, and I still crash. So the issue can't be from SVE.

I'm not sure which artifacts you're referring to with the previous version.

I apologize if this issue has already been addressed but its hard to tell if anyone is having the same problem from screenshots alone. Has anyone experienced anything like this? Only happens when adjusting the viewport along one axis. Happens with / without mods, full-screen / windowed, with various graphics settings in Kerbal and Nvidia control panel. Adjusting nearClip doesn't seem to help. Doesn't Happen with ocean shaders disabled.

I'm pretty unfamiliar with forum etiquette so if I'm breaking some kind of cardinal rule please don't crucify me. Thanks! 

Nvidia GTX 960 with latest driver "368.81"

https://youtu.be/wfpJboQHLD0

Edited by SuperTrev

On 7/19/2016 at 2:10 PM, blackrack said:

pics?

I've also experienced the "stock flare combined scatterer flare". I'm positive it is a result of having both Kopernicus and scatterer installed at the same time. (A stock 1.1.3 install with only scatterer has the correct sun-flare. Kopernicus plus scatterer creates a mish-mash of the two flares).  Here's what it looks like: 

MhT4XFQ.png

From this distance, it doesn't look that bad. However, when you get closer to the sun, the stock-flare becomes extremely large and completely overpowers the scatterer flare.

I've already notified the Kopernicus devs of this and am awaiting their response. 

On 7/23/2016 at 7:29 PM, SuperTrev said:

I apologize if this issue has already been addressed but its hard to tell if anyone is having the same problem from screenshots alone. Has anyone experienced anything like this? Only happens when adjusting the viewport along one axis. Happens with / without mods, full-screen / windowed, with various graphics settings in Kerbal and Nvidia control panel. Adjusting nearClip doesn't seem to help. Doesn't Happen with ocean shaders disabled.

I'm pretty unfamiliar with forum etiquette so if I'm breaking some kind of cardinal rule please don't crucify me. Thanks! 

Nvidia GTX 960 with latest driver "368.81"

https://youtu.be/wfpJboQHLD0

It gets reported quite a lot, for some people it seems to start happening fps goes about 50, for others it's there no matter what.

No known fix for now.

On 7/23/2016 at 10:32 PM, Stratzenblitz75 said:

I've also experienced the "stock flare combined scatterer flare". I'm positive it is a result of having both Kopernicus and scatterer installed at the same time. (A stock 1.1.3 install with only scatterer has the correct sun-flare. Kopernicus plus scatterer creates a mish-mash of the two flares).  Here's what it looks like:

From this distance, it doesn't look that bad. However, when you get closer to the sun, the stock-flare becomes extremely large and completely overpowers the scatterer flare.

I've already notified the Kopernicus devs of this and am awaiting their response. 

Can you try without kopernicus? Also, which mod are you using that uses kopernicus?

9 minutes ago, blackrack said:

Can you try without kopernicus? Also, which mod are you using that uses kopernicus?

I have tried it without kopernicus. The flare works completely fine without kopernicus installed.

I use stock visual terrain with kopernicus. However, while trying to find the cause of the sun-flare incompatibility, I uninstalled stock visual terrain. This mish-mash of the stock sun-flare and the scatterer sun-flare happens with just scatterer and kopernicus installed.

20 minutes ago, blackrack said:

4 minutes ago, Stratzenblitz75 said:

This mish-mash of the stock sun-flare and the scatterer sun-flare happens with just scatterer and kopernicus installed.

Can confirm this as well

1 minute ago, Gaiiden said:

Can confirm this as well

6 minutes ago, Stratzenblitz75 said:

I have tried it without kopernicus. The flare works completely fine without kopernicus installed.

I use stock visual terrain with kopernicus. However, while trying to find the cause of the sun-flare incompatibility, I uninstalled stock visual terrain. This mish-mash of the stock sun-flare and the scatterer sun-flare happens with just scatterer and kopernicus installed.

Ok, I will look into it, shouldn't be too complicated.

On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 5:22 PM, blackrack said:

Ok, I will look into it, shouldn't be too complicated.

I have fixed this issue. Its not on your end, its on the end of any modder who didn't set his sun cfg up right in kopernicus (me)

On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 5:15 PM, Stratzenblitz75 said:

I fixed the issue in SVT. it was my cfg

I'm just use        light { sunLensFlareColor = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0}(just 0 to alpha is sufficient I suppose, but I was lazy to test) in kopernicus sun config since I noticed that overlaping. Don't  know is this best way but it works for me. 

Edited by Pol

In case it helps, the code responsible for this behaviour is located here: https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/blob/master/Kopernicus/Kopernicus.Components/KopernicusStar.cs#L268

In case you need help on the Kopernicus side, PM me, or ping me in #Kopernicus. If I have time I might just mash together some reflection code to interface with Kopernicus.

On 6/1/2016 at 0:01 AM, sDaZe said:

YL4YTIT.jpg

This is on Titan. 

If I may ask, what did you do to get Scatterer working in RSS? I've been trying to get it working along with RVE to no avail. The RVE clouds are working perfectly, but all of Scatterer's functions are absent.

26 minutes ago, cubinator said:

If I may ask, what did you do to get Scatterer working in RSS? I've been trying to get it working along with RVE to no avail. The RVE clouds are working perfectly, but all of Scatterer's functions are absent.

this isn't rve its ssrss which uses custom cfgs from SVE

Edited by Berlin

10 hours ago, Berlin said:

I have fixed this issue. Its not on your end, its on the end of any modder who didn't set his sun cfg up right in kopernicus (me)

I fixed the issue in SVT. it was my cfg

Thats interesting... I was certain that SVT wasn't to blame because the issue came up without it being installed. I guess I was wrong.

My apologies for reporting this bug to you, @blackrack

9 minutes ago, Stratzenblitz75 said:

Thats interesting... I was certain that SVT wasn't to blame because the issue came up without it being installed. I guess I was wrong.

My apologies for reporting this bug to you, @blackrack

Well,  you weren't wrong.  Kopernicus needs a sun.cfg like the one in SVT in order for the sun flares to work.  Without it,  kopernicus' default sun blocks scatterers flare. I'm sure there is nothing wrong with either mod. They just need some TLC to work together :)

I'm sure there is nothing wrong with either mod. 

Well, If I remeber correctly previosly scatterer replaced the flare (as advertised), now it just draw it (and this is nice too), without doing anything with stock one.

By the way, if scatterer can add flare to game object can it be possible to create part module to go full Abrams and make possible to add custom  flares to lights and engines?

Edited by Pol

5 hours ago, Thomas P. said:

In case it helps, the code responsible for this behaviour is located here: https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/blob/master/Kopernicus/Kopernicus.Components/KopernicusStar.cs#L268

In case you need help on the Kopernicus side, PM me, or ping me in #Kopernicus. If I have time I might just mash together some reflection code to interface with Kopernicus.

Are you actually doing multiple lens flares for additional stars now?

56 minutes ago, Pol said:

Well, If I remeber correctly previosly scatterer replaced the flare (as advertised), now it just draw it (and this is nice too), without doing anything with stock one.

By the way, if scatterer can add flare to game object can it be possible to create part module to go full Abrams and make possible to add custom  flares to lights and engines?

You know what, I actually thought about this but didn't want to implement it as I didn't want the game going full abrams yet.

4 minutes ago, blackrack said:

Are you actually doing multiple lens flares for additional stars now?

Yes, Kopernicus has support for multiple lensflares that can be customised through Unity Flares exported to Asset Bundles. It differs a bit from the stock implementation, mainly to make Kittopias Star Editor less tendious to use.

Hate to ask, but could someone put together a tutorial on making scatterer configs? I played around with the tool, but I feel like a monkey with a typewriter. If I make something look good, it's only going to be once in a long, long while... I really like to make some configs for planets from New Horizons and the brown dwarf systems mod.

Edited by TheUnamusedFox

I installed Scatterer with forced DX11. I use RSS in addition. I noticed a small blue line at the coastline and if I launch a rocket, the atmosphere looks like it would bounce up and down. Is this normal?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=733572257

Oh and is it normal that the planet in the start screen looks like in vanilla? There is no cool effect on it..

Edited by Estebanium

1 hour ago, MorePortal said:

Can you make config where we can set color for lens flares?

That is already in the works.  Also if you want a different lense flare color you could just make one and make it whatever color you want...  Or you can ask someone that already has a sun flare mod to make a custom one for you. (like me) 

54 minutes ago, Berlin said:

That is already in the works.  Also if you want a different lense flare color you could just make one and make it whatever color you want...  Or you can ask someone that already has a sun flare mod to make a custom one for you. (like me) 

I mean one star have one lens flare, other star have other lens flare

10 minutes ago, MorePortal said:

I mean one star have one lens flare, other star have other lens flare

Scatterer doesn't do that but ask in the kopernicus thread. I'm pretty sure you can with a kopernicus cfg