[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

Hm... just thought of a forum feature that would possibly solve a lot of communication issues - might be cool if there was a way to *sticky* a comment to the top of a thread I.E. if a mod owner has left the community and a new thread hasn't been started yet you can sticky the post saying the owner left, or sticky a reply with an unofficial updated version. - Same could be useful if you don't want to update the main page of a mod but you/someone's released an unofficial patch. Random musing :P

Edited by Avera9eJoe

1 minute ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Hm... just thought of a forum feature that would possibly solve a lot of communication issues - might be cool if there was a way to *sticky* a comment to the top of a thread I.E. if a mod owner has left the community and a new thread hasn't been started yet you can sticky the post saying the owner left, or sticky a reply with an unofficial updated version. - Same could be useful if you don't want to update the main page of a mod but you've released an unofficial patch like the one on page 201. Random musing :P

that would be awesome.

:o and you could take it a step further and raise a little bit of PR by quoting more famous YouTubers or modders if they liked you mod and commented on it.

Hmmm @UomoCapra?

So you don't have to search:

11 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Hm... just thought of a forum feature that would possibly solve a lot of communication issues - might be cool if there was a way to *sticky* a comment to the top of a thread I.E. if a mod owner has left the community and a new thread hasn't been started yet you can sticky the post saying the owner left, or sticky a reply with an unofficial updated version. - Same could be useful if you don't want to update the main page of a mod but you/someone's released an unofficial patch. Random musing :P

Edited by Avera9eJoe

31 minutes ago, Commander Jebidiah said:

Pl4ooai.png Pretty sure in life I can see where the water is and there is a shadow of an aircraft coming in for a sea landing, unlike in the above picture. 

Also pretty sure there should be waves.

Well, there is no water from Scatterer in your screenshot. What you see is the ocean ground texture, but no water at all, therefore no waves, no shadows, no reflections, ... 

Try reinstall Scatterer or reload the game (I had this once and a reload fixed it)

Edited by Tekener

14 hours ago, Cromwell said:

Same issue here with 1.2. No one in the thread has seemed to address this issue either. Here's some screenshots from me:

Screen_Shot_2016_10_14_at_7_33_48_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2016_10_14_at_7_35_44_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2016_10_14_at_7_35_51_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2016_10_14_at_7_35_58_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2016_10_14_at_7_36_03_AM.png

As you can see, the atmosphere is looking odd. The higher you go, the thicker the white/blue band gets. Once orbiting, it becomes polygonal and just looks bad. Anyone else experiencing this? Anyone have a fix for this? Anyone working on a fix?

I'm on MacOS Sierra, happens with and without AMD compatibility enabled, OpenGL here of course.

EDIT:

Turns out the issue has been pointed out previously on page 200 and Blackrack is working on a setting to fix it.

I am not quite sure on this one... The 

I am not quite sure on this one? The version history says "Fixed weird halos around planet". Is this "rainbow-like" atmosphere the same as the "weird halo"? If so, I don't really think this fix is working with OpenGL. Maybe the windows users can try OpenGL to see if it's not just an MacOS / OS X thing? Is actually any windows user also having this issue?

***********v0.0247***********
-Fixed lens flare compatbility with 1.1.3
-Godrays no longer cause black trails behind ships/buildings
-Fixed weird halos around planet

5 hours ago, Epoxid said:

I am not quite sure on this one? The version history says "Fixed weird halos around planet". Is this "rainbow-like" atmosphere the same as the "weird halo"? If so, I don't really think this fix is working with OpenGL. Maybe the windows users can try OpenGL to see if it's not just an MacOS / OS X thing? Is actually any windows user also having this issue?

When I try to load scatterer with OpenGL, the whole planet just turns pink.

On 15.10.2016 at 0:37 PM, blennus said:

I was getting issues till I found this fix. Now it works perfectly! Awesome! This dll should be placed more prominently or something. Version 1.2.0.1586

Sorry, but does this also include the atmosphere no longer having the "rainbow effect"? I am using one of those separately downloadable .dll, but the atmosphere from orbit looks really strange...

On 14/10/2016 at 9:42 PM, Tekener said:

Well, there is no water from Scatterer in your screenshot. What you see is the ocean ground texture, but no water at all, therefore no waves, no shadows, no reflections, ... 

Try reinstall Scatterer or reload the game (I had this once and a reload fixed it)

I'm also seeing this in 1.2. Curiously, the settings menu seems to disappear along with it.

CbNfLRm

I tried reinstalling scatterer, I tried reloading the game. Any other thoughts?

Edited by gappleto97
media did not save

25 minutes ago, gappleto97 said:

I'm also seeing this in 1.2. Curiously, the settings menu seems to disappear along with it.

I tried reinstalling scatterer, I tried reloading the game. Any other thoughts?

Fixed DLL: https://mega.nz/#!TFZzmL4D!ob2BTkD4ECa90hvvKfxtL1g_V3YUORY8PVhsaWq9uxU

Edited by Hoddd9000

On 14.10.2016 at 1:46 PM, Cromwell said:

Same issue here with 1.2. No one in the thread has seemed to address this issue either. Here's some screenshots from me:

Screen_Shot_2016_10_14_at_7_33_48_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2016_10_14_at_7_35_44_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2016_10_14_at_7_35_51_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2016_10_14_at_7_35_58_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2016_10_14_at_7_36_03_AM.png

As you can see, the atmosphere is looking odd. The higher you go, the thicker the white/blue band gets. Once orbiting, it becomes polygonal and just looks bad. Anyone else experiencing this? Anyone have a fix for this? Anyone working on a fix?

I'm on MacOS Sierra, happens with and without AMD compatibility enabled, OpenGL here of course.

EDIT:

Turns out the issue has been pointed out previously on page 200 and Blackrack is working on a setting to fix it.

Seeing a similar (but not exactly the same) issue on Linux. Opening the Scatterer GUI and setting the Experimental Atmosphere Scale to 1.0 did fix it for me though.

1 hour ago, soulsource said:

Seeing a similar (but not exactly the same) issue on Linux. Opening the Scatterer GUI and setting the Experimental Atmosphere Scale to 1.0 did fix it for me though.

Thanks a lot for the hint! I tried this, too. However, with 1.0 it actually became worse. For me, using 3.0 was a considerable improvement, but it didn't solve the problem completely.

Referring to Kerbin@410km orbit

Did not check the other planets, yet...

Edited by Epoxid

20 hours ago, Astronomer said:

I860dSq.png

Great update. I haven't experienced any issues so far, besides this one on Duna.

UPDATE: This seems to be one of the things caused by GUI changes.

Are those AVP clouds I see? (Wish'n for an epic return)