[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

58 minutes ago, Alteroz said:

Layer2D? I am correct that you talking about non-volume glow layers on planets? Because as I know, glow disappears when integration with EVE clouds turned on. It would be awesome to have both glow and cloud integration!

Read a few pages back where myself and averageJoe were talking about it :)

2 hours ago, Alteroz said:

Layer2D? I am correct that you talking about non-volume glow layers on planets?

Yes!

Because as I know, glow disappears when integration with EVE clouds turned on,

Yes ;.;

It would be awesome to have both glow and cloud integration!

And yes :wink:

2 hours ago, Hitman_20123 said:

Welcome to the forums.

That being said. Please take a minute to read the thread for a given mod. The title of the mod clearly states it is for KSP 1.2.2 not for use in 1.3

Please be patient for an update. Or roll your install back to 1.2.2

15 hours ago, Galileo said:

Yes turning off the ocean shader fixes the floating terrain tiles.

That's working for me as well, until a proper 1.3 Scatterer release comes out.

In the case of SVE I've had to edit the SVE_Scatterer config directly, since it's a Module Manager config and any changes made to the Scatterer main menu settings are overridden by the SVE MM configs.

2 hours ago, Gordon Fecyk said:

any changes made to the Scatterer main menu settings are overridden by the SVE MM configs.

Pretty sure @Galileo knows better than to ship configs with a FINAL statement, so there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to override the SVE config changes with your own

19 minutes ago, Drew Kerman said:

Pretty sure @Galileo knows better than to ship configs with a FINAL statement, so there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to override the SVE config changes with your own

I wouldn't put it past me :wink: 

i don't think I used FINAL but if I did, whoops! I'm pretty sure I used AFTER[scatterer] but all changes still will either be made by another MM cfg or directly in the SVE directory regardless

Edited by Galileo

54 minutes ago, SkyKaptn said:

Is there some kind of auto update in scatterer? Last time I started KSP I had ver 0.0300 and now it says 0.0310..

oIrhTI2.png

Lol no, but you probably have the experimental version of scatterer installed and don't remember installing it :) 

4 minutes ago, SkyKaptn said:

So it finally happened, I lost my mind :confused:

I can confirm, no auto-updates here (in fact i'm against auto-updates)

18 hours ago, V8jester said:

@blackrack I do believe I may never leave Kerbin again! I caught a couple angles on a new build I was working on today and I just had to share these.

Absolutely amazing work man!

Thanks man, great screenshots, I'm glad you're enjoying this.

Edited by blackrack

@Alexoff

On 12.4.2015 at 10:37 AM, blackrack said:

Try to read at least 10 pages back and check the known issues section in the OP before posting

srsly, u dont deserve more than that as an answer

edit: funfact: u dont even have to go ONE page back... its on THIS very page -.-

Edited by Speadge

Well, today was a crazy day. I went home last night to find the videocard dying, artifacts and system freezes... Tired and disappointed I went to sleep.

Today I tested again and it was even more unstable, one of the crashes messed up my windows install and made it unrecoverable, I had to reinstall it.

Disappointed that another GPU died on me, I pulled it apart, cleaned it, and put it in the oven.

fUFqRMd.jpg

8 minutes at 200C later, I turn the oven off and get the card out.

I opened the window and went for a walk while the toxic fumes dissipate. Knowing I already did this with my previous card and it didn't help, I was skeptical.

I get home and apply some new thermal paste, put the whole thing back together, slide it back into my PC and lo and behold, everything works, it's been stable for 20 minutes in furmark now when before it would freeze 5 seconds in.

qdc8Cyi.jpg

Success! I can get back to modding now.

Edited by blackrack

nice work. I tried to re-ball my PS3 GPU with a heat gun after it got the blinking yellow light of death, but sadly had no success :( will try again at some point I guess, PITA to take it apart & put it back together. That's pretty insane that a GPU meltdown corrupted your windows install tho :o I've never had a GPU crash out that hard

22 minutes ago, Drew Kerman said:

nice work. I tried to re-ball my PS3 GPU with a heat gun after it got the blinking yellow light of death, but sadly had no success :( will try again at some point I guess, PITA to take it apart & put it back together. That's pretty insane that a GPU meltdown corrupted your windows install tho :o I've never had a GPU crash out that hard

It was crashing randomly on startup as well and after one of the crashes windows would give me this error on startup

NTFS_File_System-Featured-Windows-Wally-

Tried fixing it in various ways but couldn't, checkdisk says everything is fine. I had nothing important on the windows partition itself so I just re-formatted and re-installed windows.

Btw yeah, taking apart a ps3 is probably hell, I hope mine holds.

Edited by blackrack

I suspect a few people will ask where the version of scatterer came from I used - Page 241

Remember it's a "Preview" version - No complaining of issues and "No workie" nonsense :wink:

I just couldn't get enough of the new water shader implementation! So between that and Spanners SM Marine parts I've been having some fun.

Edited by V8jester