[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

38 minutes ago, Syczek said:

Anyone could explain me wich one options leads to terrible fps drop in scatterer??Because my monster rig(i7-6700 k,32 gigs ram and gtx 1070 8 gig) don't handle it well

most likely the new refraction shaders. They are the most recent addition & possibly still in need of optimization. Try turning them off in the main menu settings window. If not, try playing with turning off other stuff.

I

14 minutes ago, Drew Kerman said:

most likely the new refraction shaders. They are the most recent addition & possibly still in need of optimization. Try turning them off in the main menu settings window. If not, try playing with turning off other stuff.

Sir u have right i turned off shaders and ocean shaders and performance improved alot

I've been attempting to add more whitecaps to your standard ocean configs and I'm running into a problem with white caps disappearing past a certain distance from the camera? Doing more testing as I type.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

3 minutes ago, Galileo said:

I still haven't got the white caps to work for me this version. It's the least of my issues though.

:P I'll post a short clip of the problem I'm having. It might be the same root as yours? What's the biggest issue on your plate though? I might be having it as well. :(

Edited by Avera9eJoe

2 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

:P I'll post a short clip of the problem I'm having. It might be the same root as yours? What's the biggest issue on your plate though? I might be having it as well. :(

Black volumetric clouds on kopernicus planets other than stock.. :( 

32 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Black volumetric clouds on kopernicus planets other than stock.. :( 

D: that doesn't sound good... If I'd have a guess I'd bet there was something missed when Scatterer/EVE integration became a thing and it's similar to the black cloud bug that was happening in earlier releases? I'm pulling at strings though.

@blackrack this is the issue I'm having (I hope it's a good enough explanation, only 2 minutes long):

EDIT: It's got something to do with the relation between whiteCapSTR and Shore foam. Strange things happen when you mix values around... it seems that when Shore Foam is a higher value than whiteCapStr there's a visible line.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Heya! I have this code in PlanetList for a custom Laythe ocean:

Item
		{
			celestialBodyName = Borea
			transformName = Borea
			loadDistance = 100000000
			unloadDistance = 200000000
			hasOcean = False
			usesCloudIntegration = False
			mainSunCelestialBody = Helios
		}

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at scatterer.RefractionCamera.OnPreCull () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

This error only happens whilst the planet is loaded. I removed all the others except this and the error persists. I removed this planet and the error goes away - it's definitely this planet.

As you can see it says 'RefractionCamera.OnPreCull ()'. This is definitely related to the lack of an ocean. There is no ocean config for this planet since "hasOcean" is false.

When I disable ocean refraction in the scatterer config, this error goes away.

20 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

Heya! I have this code in PlanetList for a custom Laythe ocean:

Item
		{
			celestialBodyName = Borea
			transformName = Borea
			loadDistance = 100000000
			unloadDistance = 200000000
			hasOcean = False
			usesCloudIntegration = False
			mainSunCelestialBody = Helios
		}

This error only happens whilst the planet is loaded. I removed all the others except this and the error persists. I removed this planet and the error goes away - it's definitely this planet.

As you can see it says 'RefractionCamera.OnPreCull ()'. This is definitely related to the lack of an ocean. There is no ocean config for this planet since "hasOcean" is false.

When I disable ocean refraction in the scatterer config, this error goes away.

Well, looks like you don't have the ocean enabled :)

hasOcean should be true, no?

25 minutes ago, Galileo said:

hasOcean should be true, no?

The problem is I don't want the scatterer ocean, because the 'ocean' is lava! (It worked on the last scatterer but not when water refraction is enabled in this version). Disabling the refraction worked - i don't reaaaally like the effect because it creates strange borders in lakes.

16 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

The problem is I don't want the scatterer ocean, because the 'ocean' is lava! (It worked on the last scatterer but not when water refraction is enabled in this version). Disabling the refraction worked - i don't reaaaally like the effect because it creates strange borders in lakes.

do you have a Scatterer_Ocean, cfg for the body? I would just delete it if you do.

I noted this issue whenever I enabled lensflares for stars distant from the Sun. The lensflare moves away from the star in question and will teleport back into place, this is more apparent when timewarped. I doubted anyone else has mentioned this, but I would like for a workaround, nonetheless here's a reference image

The dark brown dot above the star is the Sun, by the way.

Edited by Tynton

Hi, I am having an issue with my Lens Flare, I hope you could check it out

I can explain what's wrong, so the normal lens flare does not go away, and overlays the modded lens flare. If there is a way to fix it, please let me know! Also, I have a screenshot of what's wrong

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1086071111

On 8/5/2017 at 11:49 AM, Avera9eJoe said:

D: that doesn't sound good... If I'd have a guess I'd bet there was something missed when Scatterer/EVE integration became a thing and it's similar to the black cloud bug that was happening in earlier releases? I'm pulling at strings though.

@blackrack this is the issue I'm having (I hope it's a good enough explanation, only 2 minutes long):

EDIT: It's got something to do with the relation between whiteCapSTR and Shore foam. Strange things happen when you mix values around... it seems that when Shore Foam is a higher value than whiteCapStr there's a visible line.

looks like im having the same sort of issue you are https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/NeatEachAlpinegoat

Just a quick question: Has anyone had any issues with the shadow edge refraction colour being reversed? Normally at the edge of the shadow of the planet, you'll see a red glow because of the light refracting. This is for some reason backwards in my game. Any easy fixes or what's going on? I can post logs if need be. I didn't see anything like this in the last few pages though.

I am getting the same

that @GamesLinx was getting above, except that I am getting it on an unmodified Vall.

Disabling the ocean refractor seemed to fix it.

KSP 1.3, Scatterer v0.0320b installed via CKAN.

I'm getting the same error as @Gameslinxand @tomf that's spamming the output log and, seemingly, causing short delays in the flight scene.  Checked the output log and found the spam.  There are other errors in the log, I know.

Output log posted here from a short session of a career save that started with a craft in LKO executing a rendezvous with a lost Kerbal, then to a unmanned science vessel out by Minmus where the jitters started (sorry for the size...this is the log I copied as soon as I noticed the problem).

Next step is to remove and reinstall Scatterer but that has to wait until later today.  If there are any hints could try or info I should provide, I can collect the data before reposting to this topic.

Edited by Brigadier

1 hour ago, Brigadier said:

KSP 1.3, Scatterer v0.0320b installed via CKAN.

I'm getting the same error as @Gameslinxand @tomf that's spamming the output log and, seemingly, causing short delays in the flight scene.  Checked the output log and found the spam.  There are other errors in the log, I know.

Output log posted here from a short session of a career save that started with a craft in LKO executing a rendezvous with a lost Kerbal, then to a unmanned science vessel out by Minmus where the jitters started (sorry for the size...this is the log I copied as soon as I noticed the problem).

Next step is to remove and reinstall Scatterer but that has to wait until later today.  If there are any hints could try or info I should provide, I can collect the data before reposting to this topic.

I've been getting the same on/around the Mun and Minmus. Just turned off the ocean refraction setting and suddenly I wasn't getting NREs. I'm using it with the newest EVE (no configs) and SVE.

Edited to add: Installed manually from the official download places, using the stated install method.

Edited by Krakatoa

7 hours ago, Galileo said:

@Brigadier try installing manually. I have no log flood. Maybe CKAN messes with something inadvertently?

6 hours ago, Krakatoa said:

Edited to add: Installed manually from the official download places, using the stated install method.

I'm sure you don't, Galileo :cool:

Well, first, thanks for the replies.  Second, I don't understand the log much but I removed Scatterer, the hi-res textures and a scatterer sunflare config via CKAN.  Reinstalled Scatterer manually iaw the instructions.  There are still a lot of NREs, mostly associated with my focusing on unmanned craft (I think), but I'm not noticing any freezes/delays.

6 hours ago, Krakatoa said:

Just turned off the ocean refraction setting

How does one turn them off?

My next step is to restart the game, go directly to an unmanned craft and watch the output log until I get the NRE.

Edited by Brigadier