[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

Just now, Galileo said:

It’s an issue with the current save process. You will have to go into the laythe cfg and copy and paste the bit for the body you want. 

The “load Atmo” button loads the last saved atmo.

Wait, does it mean that I have to load the atmosphere I want everytime I come back to the planet? Oh no...

But I don't quite understand your first sentence.

1 hour ago, hanhan658 said:

Wait, does it mean that I have to load the atmosphere I want everytime I come back to the planet? Oh no...

But I don't quite understand your first sentence.

No it’s doesnt mean that. When you are making changes, and it doesn’t look the way you want, hit the load button. It will load up the last save you made to the cfg.

Everything saves to the laythe cfg. It’s an issue with scatterer. In order to extract the changes, you need to go into the laythe cfg and copy the cfg for the body you made changes for.

Edited by Galileo

34 minutes ago, Jeb's Pirotecnics Guy said:

When can we expect scatterer to be updated to Version 1.4?

EVE got updated so whenever this is updated is when I update to 1.4

Please do not ask modders to push updates after a game release. They need time to figure out where and how the game release breaks their mod. People ask this question every single game update which makes it annoying and even makes modders quit.

They have lives and may be enjoying 1.3.1 too because 1.4 is not as satisfying to them as it may be to casual players.

Furthermore, the time between 1.4.0 and 1.4.1 is only 10 days. To update now is a waste of time.

1 hour ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Please do not ask modders to push updates after a game release. They need time to figure out where and how the game release breaks their mod. People ask this question every single game update which makes it annoying and even makes modders quit.

They have lives and may be enjoying 1.3.1 too because 1.4 is not as satisfying to them as it may be to casual players.

Furthermore, the time between 1.4.0 and 1.4.1 is only 10 days. To update now is a waste of time.

That is very understandable, I'm not trying to push the mod maker to update the mod, he can take all the time he needs, I just wanted to know if there was a potential day that it will happen.

7 hours ago, ArmandoA said:

Hello guys , im new using this mod but apparently its been quite a significant hit in fps  (i have a 1080ti gpu)

I was wondering if theres anything I can do to minimize the performance requirements of this mod?

thanks

Disable the water refraction, or just disable the ocean shaders all together. Also, disable terrain shadows. 

1 hour ago, blackrack said:

As far as updates go, 1.4 is the worst one so far in how much it messes with my shaders. This will take some time...

Dayum! Anyway, thanks so much for this amazing mod, and for letting us know!

44 minutes ago, nightstalker101s said:

Do you have a donations account setup anywhere? If so, will the funds actually give you more time to work on your mods? I'll send some love either way if you do have one setup somewhere.

I have a donations link in the OP. While funds donated are very nice, unfortunately, they don't come anywhere near paying the rent or putting food on the table so I won't have more free time. Thanks anyway.

161ht0k.jpg

Yours In Infinite Finality

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a small piece of fanart to make your day better!

@blackrack

12 hours ago, blackrack said:

As far as updates go, 1.4 is the worst one so far in how much it messes with my shaders. This will take some time...

I tried to rebuild it for 1.4, made shaders with Unity 2017.1.3 and replaced Camera.allCameras to GameObject.FindObjectsOfType<Camera>() in Core.Update() to avoid NullReferenceException. Scaled space shaders works ok but terrain is black somereason. May be it will help you.

Edited by RangeMachine

17 hours ago, cratercracker said:

161ht0k.jpg

Yours In Infinite Finality

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a small piece of fanart to make your day better!

@blackrack

Aesthetic ゝ河咽

8 hours ago, RangeMachine said:

I tried to rebuild it for 1.4, made shaders with Unity 2017.1.3 and replaced Camera.allCameras to GameObject.FindObjectsOfType<Camera>() in Core.Update() to avoid NullReferenceException. Scaled space shaders works ok but terrain is black somereason. May be it will help you.

I figured it out, terrain was black because my depth texture camera started rendering to screen. Other than this the postprocessing shaders and the sunflare were messed up because of some flipped UVs and frustum corners on DirectX and the ocean needed changes to the projection matrix. Everything is fine now, update incoming.

6 hours ago, blackrack said:

1.4 version is up, changelog in the OP.

Thank you! My game looks pretty again.

Unfortunately, I have to report a bug. On a minmus/mun tourist mission I noticed, that I could no longer see anything but my own craft and the UI. No Skybox, no Kerbin, no Mun (this is called scaled space (if the orbit is high enough), correct? if not, substitue whatever this is in the rest of the post.)

I investigated a bit in a clean install:

KSP: 1.4.0 Windows 64bit

Problem: Scaled space disappears in flight view, map is ok.

Mods installed:

Scatterer 0.0326

Reproduction steps:

In a clean install, new save, launch a vesset, cheat set orbit around mun. Until here everything is fine. Go to the tracking station and back, scaled space is gone (or black?). Map view still works. Set orbit around Kerbin, scaled space reappears and keeps working even in orbit of other bodies until vessel switch (or tracking station).

With multiple crafts and set orbits, it looks like scaled space disappears when *switching to* a vessel around the mun (or minmus - didn't test other bodies). In orbit of kerbin it doesn't break when switching to, it even restores if currently broken. It doesn't break on setting orbit to the mun, only when switching to the vessel orbiting mun.

Log:

http://pasted.co/202f30dd

4 hours ago, Draradech said:

Unfortunately, I have to report a bug. On a minmus/mun tourist mission I noticed, that I could no longer see anything but my own craft and the UI. No Skybox, no Kerbin, no Mun (this is called scaled space (if the orbit is high enough), correct? if not, substitue whatever this is in the rest of the post.)

Mods installed:

Scatterer 0.0326

Reproduction steps:

In a clean install, new save, launch a vesset, cheat set orbit around mun. Until here everything is fine. Go to the tracking station and back, scaled space is gone (or black?). Map view still works. Set orbit around Kerbin, scaled space reappears and keeps working even in orbit of other bodies until vessel switch (or tracking station).

With multiple crafts and set orbits, it looks like scaled space disappears when *switching to* a vessel around the mun (or minmus - didn't test other bodies). In orbit of kerbin it doesn't break when switching to, it even restores if currently broken. It doesn't break on setting orbit to the mun, only when switching to the vessel orbiting mun.

Log:

I will try to reproduce.

1 hour ago, RYlOLI said:
Weird problem after installing the new scatterer (KSP 1.4 64-bit on Windows)
When I move the camera angle the translucent blue layer moves in the opposite direction of the planet. Same with the sunflare.
https://imgur.com/eZFK4Pn

Ehh, really weird, this is what my fix is supposed to fix. Anything special about your setup? Which renderer are you using? And one more thing, is the ocean shader working correctly?

4 hours ago, blackrack said:

Ehh, really weird, this is what my fix is supposed to fix. Anything special about your setup? Which renderer are you using? And one more thing, is the ocean shader working correctly?

OK so I discovered that it only happens if I have anti-aliasing set to Disabled when I load the game. In the alt-f12 console I also get the message "Error: Invalid antiAliasing value (must be at least 1)"

If I hit Esc while in-game and turn Anti-aliasing to 2x, 4x or 8x, the problem is resolved. If I then turn it back to Off in-game, scatterer still appears fine (even though I notice the edges of the ship no longer has anti-aliasing, i.e. it actually turns off the AA). However if I go back to the main menu and reload the game, scatterer is broken again.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: I also experience the issue explained by Draradech above. If I switch to a vessel far enough from Kerbin everything is black.

Edited by RYlOLI

14 hours ago, RYlOLI said:

OK so I discovered that it only happens if I have anti-aliasing set to Disabled when I load the game. In the alt-f12 console I also get the message "Error: Invalid antiAliasing value (must be at least 1)"

If I hit Esc while in-game and turn Anti-aliasing to 2x, 4x or 8x, the problem is resolved. If I then turn it back to Off in-game, scatterer still appears fine (even though I notice the edges of the ship no longer has anti-aliasing, i.e. it actually turns off the AA). However if I go back to the main menu and reload the game, scatterer is broken again.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: I also experience the issue explained by Draradech above. If I switch to a vessel far enough from Kerbin everything is black.

Ah, you might be on to something, thanks for precising this, I will investigate.

On 11/03/2018 at 10:16 PM, blackrack said:
  On 11/03/2018 at 6:06 PM, Draradech said:

Mods installed:

Scatterer 0.0326

Reproduction steps:

Log:

Hello guys, I had the same problem and my test the options in the start menu. When I disable the "Ocean Shadders" (First option). All things are ok in the game.

Sorry for my English, I'm a little bad French.