[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

51 minutes ago, blackrack said:

They are back with the new .dll? Or you just noticed them in a new situation you didn't check was fixed before?

Those glitches are present in both DLLs. I just loaded a stock install and tried it out and at 109,000 meters, there's still some artifacts. This is a lot more noticeable on the planet mod i'm developing since the planet is smaller, so they are still there (though there has been an improvement compared to 0.52, it isn't completely gone)

I don't play in Dx11 but I can test that if you like

Edited by Gameslinx

Just a fast question.

Can I use the newest version of scatterer in ksp 1.5.1 or it will not work and give me errors like mad ?

Thx

Btw this screen here how did you get so good graphics ???  What are your settings  in game options  and in scatterer options ?  And what mods were used ?  Bcs on that back of that space plane it looks like PBR textures is now on in KSP ?

WN75zik.jpg

Edited by Jovzin

8 hours ago, thetaprime said:

It looks like I am getting the same scattering effect covering my ship while in orbit with the latest update with the z-fighting fix. 

look in the OP for how to report a bug correctly, preferably include screenshots.

3 hours ago, Jovzin said:

Just a fast question.

Can I use the newest version of scatterer in ksp 1.5.1 or it will not work and give me errors like mad ?

Thx

Btw this screen here how did you get so good graphics ???  What are your settings  in game options  and in scatterer options ?  And what mods were used ?  Bcs on that back of that space plane it looks like PBR textures is now on in KSP ?

Should work in 1.5.1 but I can't guarantee it.

In the screenshot, you have stock EVE, latest scatterer, and for the part shaders Textures Unlimited with some moduleManager patches for stock parts (can't remember where I grabbed it but probably this https://spacedock.info/mod/1841/Textures Unlimited Default Stock Config - Unofficial)
The screenshot is taken at around sunrise.

Anti-aliasing set to 8x.

Screenshots was taken at 4K using F1 (button to take supersampled screenshot).

9 minutes ago, Bottle Rocketeer 500 said:

Also, @blackrack, what mod did you use for clouds?

Just stock EVE

Edited by blackrack

Just an FYI that CKAN installs 0.33x as the “latest version” for some bizarre reason. Likely a CKAN issue but figured a heads up would be good in case people use CKAN to install this and don’t realize they are using such a old version. 

44 minutes ago, MechBFP said:

Just an FYI that CKAN installs 0.33x as the “latest version” for some bizarre reason. Likely a CKAN issue but figured a heads up would be good in case people use CKAN to install this and don’t realize they are using such a old version. 

Hmm, I guess it's the lack of a trailing 0 in the new version number.

Uploading a new release.

Changelog:

-Fix refraction/transparency artifacts in the ocean at altitude (swirly appearance)
-Fix unnaturally bright scattering on the ocean and a small pop while transitioning to orbit
-Fix white sky bug in some situations
-Add trailing zero in version number for CKAN

Should be up in a few minutes

4 hours ago, blackrack said:

look in the OP for how to report a bug correctly, preferably include screenshots.

Should work in 1.5.1 but I can't guarantee it.

In the screenshot, you have stock EVE, latest scatterer, and for the part shaders Textures Unlimited with some moduleManager patches for stock parts (can't remember where I grabbed it but probably this https://spacedock.info/mod/1841/Textures Unlimited Default Stock Config - Unofficial)
The screenshot is taken at around sunrise.

Anti-aliasing set to 8x.

Screenshots was taken at 4K using F1 (button to take supersampled screenshot).

Just stock EVE

Thank you for the information.

Really nice screenshot :)

Anti-aliasing 8x in game or new scatterer ? 

And one more thing does it support dx9 or I have to be on dx11 for all scatterer features to work ?

Edited by Jovzin

On 3/14/2019 at 6:46 PM, blackrack said:

New release is up.

It contains the new lighting, anti-aliasing, tsunami bug fix, ocean shadows, and manyother features and fixes.

Full changelog and download links in the OP/spacedock/github.

I have as well now a bitcoin donation address in the OP, I'm going through a difficult period so any help is welcome.

Enjoy :)

6CmOGWl.jpg

WN75zik.jpg

4pbyFG9.jpg

xOR5zaB.jpg

Full Release album:

https://imgur.com/a/gLhsAT1

How did you get your part textures to looks silvery and shiny like that?

2 hours ago, Jovzin said:

Thank you for the information.

Really nice screenshot :)

Anti-aliasing 8x in game or new scatterer ? 

And one more thing does it support dx9 or I have to be on dx11 for all scatterer features to work ?

8x ingame, no AA settings in scatterer. When I said that scatterer supports AA it means there is no longer aliasing when AA is active, in previous versions there was.

It works on dx9, dx11, OpenGL and GLcore.

26 minutes ago, Errol said:

How did you get your part textures to looks silvery and shiny like that?

The answer is one post above you.

Edited by blackrack

4 hours ago, blackrack said:

Uploading a new release.

Changelog:

-Fix refraction/transparency artifacts in the ocean at altitude (swirly appearance)
-Fix unnaturally bright scattering on the ocean and a small pop while transitioning to orbit
-Fix white sky bug in some situations
-Add trailing zero in version number for CKAN

Should be up in a few minutes

Confirmed that CKAN is now picking it up correctly as the latest version.

58 minutes ago, blackrack said:

The answer is one post above you.

D'oh....I was scanning posts a few pages back, closer to when you posted those screens and completely missed that. Thanks. 

53 minutes ago, Atmoz said:

I upgrade (v0.0540) scatterer with ckan, and now all my sky & ocean is black on ksp 1.6.1

Are you by chance using Stock Visual Enhancements? I'm getting the same thing on my end but it's likely if you're using a graphics enhancement mod that uses Scatterer it they need to update things on their end to incorporate the new version.

1 minute ago, Tybot said:

Are you by chance using Stock Visual Enhancements? I'm getting the same thing on my end but it's likely if you're using a graphics enhancement mod that uses Scatterer it they need to update things on their end to incorporate the new version.

I'm using Spectra, which I installed manually.

11 hours ago, blackrack said:

and for the part shaders Textures Unlimited with some moduleManager patches for stock parts (can't remember where I grabbed it but probably this https://spacedock.info/mod/1841/Textures Unlimited Default Stock Config - Unofficial)

Downloaded that and am using it now, it's great. Noticing that it doesn't seem to work with parts that have the new stock texture switching (many of the rocket fuel tanks)....any suggestions on how to fix that?