blackrack

[WIP][1.6.1] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (v0.0540 - 17/03/2019) FIXED TSUNAMI BUG !!!1!1!

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, blackrack said:

Weird, does this go away if you disable "draw atmo over eve clouds" option? what about when you disable the ocean?

I'll give it a try, if I be able to reproduce that bug, I returned to exact same spot (at different time) and there was nothing, huh. Further investigation in progress.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, blackrack said:

Try it anyway, your settings haven't changed but aomething in ksp did.

I goofed, its a known issue. Thanks for the advice though.

4 hours ago, blackrack said:

Try the same things I suggested to @The Aziz above.

I will try this and report back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, darkracer125 said:

what could be the cause of this issue.?

Environmental Visual Enhancements. It exposes a small bug within KSP and that's the result.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, darkracer125 said:

i am having a weird issue with lights. 

here is a video of the problem

what could be the cause of this issue.?

It's an EVE bug, please investigate which mod is causing a given bug before posting.

Edited by blackrack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, blackrack said:

Weird, does this go away if you disable "draw atmo over eve clouds" option? what about when you disable the ocean?

Kay, that was the first case, ocean had nothing to do with it, thanks.

 

Now back to work why ckan refuses to install sve when I have scatterer, or even try to uninstall it :mad: nevermind, got it

Edited by The Aziz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, blackrack said:

what could be the cause of this issue.?

that is caused by the shadows that the clouds create. you can disable the shadows in the EVE GUI

21 hours ago, The Aziz said:

I think it's scatterer issue, because I can see Kerbin through the Mun when the camera is at certain distance from ground. Liek there
sgFZOt7.png

Is there a fix?

this doesnt happen all the time and its not caused by atmosphere being drawn over EVE clouds im pretty sure. It just happens randomly in my experience. for me, just performing a scene change fixes it most times. sometimes it takes a few attempts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@blackrack

Do you think, that v0.0256 is compatible enough to 1.2.1? Then I would ask for a meta update for 1.2.1 compatibility in the ckan thread. (It's the last missing dependency for stock visual enhancements on ckan 1.2.1 atm,afaik).

Edited by Jebs_SY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/11/2016 at 0:01 AM, Majorjim! said:

Duna surface?? How? Amazing atmos BTW, kudos!

Thank you.

You can see on orbit pics a Duna texture that I found in the outdated mod KSPRC made by @Proot that you can find here. It's "Duna5_00.dds" and "Duna5_01.dds" that I found in "KSPRC\PluginData" and that I put in my "Default" folder in "TextureReplacer".
Unfortunatly, I can't change the ground when we are on ground and high altitude, we need something like Kopernicus mod to change the biome. So I tried to make it as dark as we can get with the postprocessing of scatterer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2016 at 7:21 AM, blackrack said:

I don't know what this mod does but, do you rename the sun using kopernicus? If so you have a variable in the scatterer settings "mainSunCelestialBody" which determines which body acts as the sun.

First, awesome mod! Just installed it today, but I'm really enjoying it. Immersion +10! Thumbs way up!

But yeah, you were exactly dead right here. When you mix Scatterer with a Kopernicus install that adds additional stars, you definitely have to make this change before starting up KSP. If you don't, when you go to the KSC, Scatterer immediately sucks up 100% of available memory, then starts filling cache until the cache file hits 64GB at which point 64-bit KSP hard-crashes the system it's running on. You have until the cache file grows to that size to either quit back to the main menu or shut down KSP.

But making this change to planetsList.cfg clears the problem right up. I encountered it with Kerbol Starsystem, another Kopernicus add-on. You might want to add a line to your first post making that clear. In Kerbol Starsystem, changing Scatterer's planetsList.cfg fourth line to:

    mainSunCelestialBodyName = Kerbol

fixes it. Again, great mod! Thanks for working on it!

Edited by Jestertrek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Jestertrek said:

First, awesome mod! Just installed it today, but I'm really enjoying it. Immersion +10! Thumbs way up!

But yeah, you were exactly dead right here. When you mix Scatterer with a Kopernicus install that adds additional stars, you definitely have to make this change before starting up KSP. If you don't, when you go to the KSC, Scatterer immediately sucks up 100% of available memory, then starts filling cache until the cache file hits 64GB at which point 64-bit KSP hard-crashes the system it's running on. You have until the cache file grows to that size to either quit back to the main menu or shut down KSP.

But making this change to planetsList.cfg clears the problem right up. I encountered it with Kerbol Starsystem, another Kopernicus add-on. You might want to add a line to your first post making that clear. In Kerbol Starsystem, changing Scatterer's planetsList.cfg fourth line to:

    mainSunCelestialBodyName = Kerbol

fixes it. Again, great mod! Thanks for working on it!

 

except you're wrong.

i have both kopernicus (i have another star with it's own planets)

AND i have scatter.  AND i never did any of what you said.   but i play at a solid 60 fps.  i have no memory problems.

and i can keep the game running overnight without ANY issue's 

i bet your fix is correct.  but the problem is yet another mod that you 2 have and i don't.      because i have no issues with both those mods installed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, darkracer125 said:

except you're wrong.

i have both kopernicus (i have another star with it's own planets)

AND i have scatter.  AND i never did any of what you said.   but i play at a solid 60 fps.  i have no memory problems.

and i can keep the game running overnight without ANY issue's 

i bet your fix is correct.  but the problem is yet another mod that you 2 have and i don't.      because i have no issues with both those mods installed

I would guess his mod changes the sun, while yours adds a second one without touching the sun.

On 11/3/2016 at 11:35 PM, Jebs_SY said:

@blackrack

Do you think, that v0.0256 is compatible enough to 1.2.1? Then I would ask for a meta update for 1.2.1 compatibility in the ckan thread. (It's the last missing dependency for stock visual enhancements on ckan 1.2.1 atm,afaik).

I will do an update soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, darkracer125 said:

except you're wrong.

i have both kopernicus (i have another star with it's own planets)

Hm. Yours must keep Kerbin's home star named as "Sun", then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here we go

 

eJ7EOQd.jpg

qHqEWFc.jpg

lewDPM2.jpg

 

3fqSSqg.jpg

kvwskRN.jpg

3ukgYEr.jpg

jgu6WXW.jpg

 

Can't figure out how to embed an album, but I think you'll all accept this wall of images.

Full album here: http://imgur.com/a/YP4e6

Overall i'm not completely satisfied with how the volumetrics look, also the color is still a bit off from that of the 2d clouds, but I think this is going in the right direction.

Edited by blackrack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, blackrack said:

but I think this is going in the right direction.

CAN CONFIRM. CARRY ON

Edited by Drew Kerman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, blackrack said:

Here we go

jgu6WXW.jpg

 

Can't figure out how to embed an album, but I think you'll all accept this wall of images.

Full album here: http://imgur.com/a/YP4e6

Overall i'm not completely satisfied with how the volumetrics look, also the color is still a bit off from that of the 2d clouds, but I think this is going in the right direction.

 

 

Man, you are the one. Your work is in the pinnacle of visual mods for this game.
I haven't enough pretty words, money or free time lately to express my gratitude and support to your advances,
but I hope you can "collect" some of my virtual love to your gifts for this community.
Sincerely, with a deep admiration and respect: many, many thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Proot said:

 

Man, you are the one. Your work is in the pinnacle of visual mods for this game.
I haven't enough pretty words, money or free time lately to express my gratitude and support to your advances,
but I hope you can "collect" some of my virtual love to your gifts for this community.
Sincerely, with a deep admiration and respect: many, many thanks.

Thank you Proot :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Proot said:

Man, you are the one. Your work is in the pinnacle of visual mods for this game.
I haven't enough pretty words, money or free time lately to express my gratitude and support to your advances,
but I hope you can "collect" some of my virtual love to your gifts for this community.
Sincerely, with a deep admiration and respect: many, many thanks.

Fine tribute! Which is legitimate and which I share.

Many, many thanks @blackrack to give your time, your brain and to still be there for the KSP community.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Vandest said:

Fine tribute! Which is legitimate and which I share.

Many, many thanks @blackrack to give your time, your brain and to still be there for the KSP community.

Eh,  he's OK. . . . :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Galileo said:

Eh,  he's OK. . . . :wink:

I'm laughing. I didn't even realize it, but it's true that it's a bit like funeral :wink:

I want to simply encourage him and tell what I think about his job. And I know I would say the same things to others guys like you, who give much for the KSP community.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Vandest said:

I'm laughing. I didn't even realize it, but it's true that it's a bit like funeral :wink:

I want to simply encourage him and tell what I think about his job. And I know I would say the same things to others guys like you, who give much for the KSP community.

Just make it simple :)

@blackrack: Without you and your dedication KSP wouldn't be KSP!

Your efforts makes KSP what we love, a believable nearly realistic looking foreign system of planets. And those sunrise/sunset clouds are looking that amazing that I can't wait to see them on my own in the game!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you everyone for your kind words and your continued support, it means a lot to me.

Now, I compiled a test release and need some brave volunteers to test the EVE cloud integration.

Things to keep in mind:
-Scattering is not added to the volumetrics, only extinction, since the volumetrics only draw close enough to the camera, I suspect this won't make a diffrence unless the atmosphere is very thick, this should also save performance. I will add it later as a per-planet option anyway.
-Clouds in the main menu or the tracking station might be messed up or completely black, this will be fixed later.
-Same for viewing distant planets from map view.
-There might be an exception about a key not being in the dictionary if you have the option on without EVE installed. This is harmless and should only appear once every scene change. It will be fixed later.
-I only did a basic config for Kerbin, there are 4 new variables you can play with for the clouds.
-The stock EVE cloud colors for Laythe and Eve may not work vey well for this, might look better with just white clouds, experiment.
-I suspect having 5 cloud layers on EVE is a bad idea with this but I'll let you find out if it's the case.
-If you want overly dramatic red volumetrics like the ones I posted above, set volumetricsColorMultiplier to 3, it will not match up well with the 2d clouds though, better control will be added later.
-Water reflection is fixed
-"Mountains going white over the horizon" should be fixed if you use the new cloud integration and not the old draw over clouds option.
-"Disable Scaled space ambient light" is fixed.
-Sky and orbit shaders reverted from soft blending to old blending mode.

Report any other issue and enjoy: https://mega.nz/#!yEQiwYra!ba4MVcJlH69P51-AE-yJ4ad7-lOEMSKnvikDKfGObh0

Pinging the usual suspects: @Proot @Poodmund @Galileo @Astronomer @pingopete @sDaZe @V8jester @cobbman11

(sorry if I forgot anyone)

Edited by blackrack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.