[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

4 hours ago, fwdixon said:

Good to know. I thought it was still needed for the stock planets and OPM even tho GPP had it already implements for the Ciro system. 

Here is a link to the logs and mod folder screenshots:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=12ex4Dm9ui4B8pwcqGpSa4nyLDYoKgxZk

I guess you could use realistic atmospheres with GPP secondary. That must have escaped me when I commented. Regardless I don’t think that’s the issue here.ill look at your logs this evening when I get some time :)

Edited by Galileo

Can someone explain why I've lost access to the scatterer menu? It was working when I first installed it, but now I can't seem to bring it up. Something else appears to be keeping it suppressed. The mod is definitely working (partially) but I can't get to the menu to try and tweak it. I tried setting the menu to "true" in the config and it defaults back. Any other values in the config also get reset. Every single setting I've tried to adjust gets reset the moment I start a game. I'm guessing another mod is the culprit, but I can't understand why a mod would force it to those settings. Everything I have installed is part of AvP's "dependency chain." I haven't installed anything that AvP didn't require (or one of the mods AvP relies on required).

20180618223020_1.jpg

^^ Sunset. Note the rich color where the land block the sky vs where the sky is visible.

20180618223045_1.jpg

From space, no sign of sunset color.

Edited by vger

The configs you're using are set up so there's no sunset line across the terminator from orbit or in the map view. Check your installed mods for conflicting configs. It sounds like you've got something overriding the scatterer settings so your changes aren't being reflected.

2 hours ago, Doc Shaftoe said:

The configs you're using are set up so there's no sunset line across the terminator from orbit or in the map view. Check your installed mods for conflicting configs. It sounds like you've got something overriding the scatterer settings so your changes aren't being reflected.

I found out what was altering the config, but still don't see anything that would turn off the sunset. I can't even understand why someone would want to do that. Certainly the screenshots for AVP don't reflect what I'm witnessing. Looks like the culprit is the SVE configs for EVE.

Edited by vger

1 hour ago, vger said:

I found out what was altering the config, but still don't see anything that would turn off the sunset. I can't even understand why someone would want to do that. Certainly the screenshots for AVP don't reflect what I'm witnessing. Looks like the culprit is the SVE configs for EVE.

Why would you install SVE and AVP? 

Yes, SVE removes the terminator color because it’s unrealistic and I don’t like it. If you have a problem with it, don’t use the mod.

Edited by Galileo

SvE was said to greatly enhance basic EVE, but aspects other than AVP. Are they not actually meant to work together.

Edited by vger

Let’s blame SVE when you don’t even have it installed.. makes sense.

also, never post full logs in the forum. UPload to Dropbox and share the link. Huge walls of text can break the forum software.

Edited by Galileo

Just a question:

Since the reds are caused by sunlight travelling through the atmosphere when the sun is near the horizon, the only time you would see it in space is possibly when the sun is being eclipsed by the planet. So why would you want to it to show up in the map view or when you are directly above the day/night boundary?

Edited by fwdixon

2 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Let’s blame SVE when you don’t even have it installed.. makes sense.

Yeah, I was in the backup folder and didn't realize. But whatever, I'm taking this over to the SVE thread now.

2 minutes ago, fwdixon said:

Please don't. The mod author just told you it is by design and not a bug

Where? I looked all over that thread for that specific piece of information.

9 minutes ago, vger said:

SvE was said to greatly enhance basic EVE, but aspects other than AVP. Are they not actually meant to work together.

No, they both change the exact same things. Don’t know where you got that info.

I currently have a bug that ruins beautiful views.  It is a line that is thin. It can be white or black and it follows my camera except if i zoom out a bit far.

Well, here is the pic.

WYFQzvp.png
Edited by Darkspace

13 minutes ago, fwdixon said:

About 9 posts before this one

Oh, now it's there... that might've been the edit. Dang. Sorry for wasting everyone's time. I'll go into a fallout bunker now and stay there for a year.

21 minutes ago, fwdixon said:

About 9 posts before this one

I'm going through your logs right now, btw. Sorry it took me so long to get to it.

I'm not seeing anything immediately. You may need to temporarily relocate all of your mods to a folder and just run the planet packs and the visual. That will make it easy for me to thumb through everything.

Edited by Galileo

6 hours ago, Darkspace said:

I currently have a bug that ruins beautiful views.  It is a line that is thin. It can be white or black and it follows my camera except if i zoom out a bit far.

Well, here is the pic.

WYFQzvp.png

Made a big ol' post a page or two back about a very similar issue, have a gooseberry.

Tldr; try forcing opengl

On 6/19/2018 at 2:02 PM, Galileo said:

I'm going through your logs right now, btw. Sorry it took me so long to get to it.

I'm not seeing anything immediately. You may need to temporarily relocate all of your mods to a folder and just run the planet packs and the visual. That will make it easy for me to thumb through everything.

Loaded up my test install with just the visual mods and haven't been able to reproduce the problem yet (although now the kopernicus asteroid tracker is spamming the log, so I wonder if the two are related). 

On 6/20/2018 at 11:11 PM, fwdixon said:

Loaded up my test install with just the visual mods and haven't been able to reproduce the problem yet (although now the kopernicus asteroid tracker is spamming the log, so I wonder if the two are related). 

Well, test install is now black. Same log spam from scatterer. Mods installed are:

Click Through Blocker
Textures Unlimited
Toolbard Controller
Community Category Kit
Community Resource Pack
CTTP
Custom Barn Kit
EVE
Firespitter Core
GEP
GPP
GPP Secondary
KK
Kopernicus
Modular Flight Integrator
OPM
Quick Exit
Scatterer
and the MH DLC.

Most recent log file:
Output Log

So my previous issue looks to be fixed, thank you for that, but now i have another issue. It's to do with the Post Processing feature, and Raster Prop Monitor.

Basically: it shows what i'm looking at in the post processing through the exterior camera of raster prop monitor. so for instance, i have a camera pointed at the ground so i can see my stage seperations when in IVA. However, i happen to see the mountains my iva camera is pointing at as well, despite the camera not being pointed at them. The issue seems to fix whenever i disable post processing though. i'm not sure whether this is caused by Scatterer or Raster Prop Monitor, so i'm posting it on both. any help would be appreciated.

If you are curious, Here is the picture of that annoying line that is literally ruining beautiful views like for example: being near a mountain on Eve.

WYFQzvp.png

I've tried forcing opengl, but that didn't work. I've tried to force DirectX11, But even that didn't work. Even DirectX9 didn't help, I've searched EVERYTHING, But i didn't find a fix. Anyone with a fix that doesn't involve changing graphics to lower?  I stopped playing KSP because of that annoying line that can be black and white.

Also, here is the visual mods that i use.  

1. Astronomer's Visual Pack [AVP] [1.4.3]
  2. scatterer [1.4.2]

KSP Version that i use is 1.4.3 or 1.4.4. 

The KSP that i'm playing is 64bit 

All the mods are installed into the correct place.  [GameData]

5 hours ago, fwdixon said:

Well, test install is now black. Same log spam from scatterer. Mods installed are:

Click Through Blocker
Textures Unlimited
Toolbard Controller
Community Category Kit
Community Resource Pack
CTTP
Custom Barn Kit
EVE
Firespitter Core
GEP
GPP
GPP Secondary
KK
Kopernicus
Modular Flight Integrator
OPM
Quick Exit
Scatterer
and the MH DLC.

Most recent log file:
Output Log

I isolated this issue to GEP. Will make a post over there.