[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

Regarding a small bug in the new ForceOFF aniso setting: I have to toggle from True to false, then back to True every time I start KSP.

Wait, I thought I persisted that, will check it later. it'll also probably help to have it enabled by default in OpenGL the first time you use the mod.

I think it was this sentence you posted a couple days ago: "Alright, that's it, remove the sticky, we're done here." Apparently it related to a post that was subsequently deleted, so the context was gone. Scared me too for a second.

Honestly, the work you guys (blackrack, rbray, Proot, shaw, and all the others involved in those efforts) do for making KSP insanely beautiful cannot be appreciated enough. It's also very nice to see how you all cooperate across your various mods to provide a consistent experience for all of us. I'm patiently waiting for things to be released for us to test and enjoy, and I sincerely hope that you all don't get too put off by all the hype and impatient people (and bluntly, people who don't know what "wip" means and how free software communities work). I'd rather the moderators rule with iron fists in your dev threads, or close the threads down until there is a release, than any of you getting frustrated and burning out because of unwarranted pressure put on you by some people.

Please take your time and keep enjoying what you do, and rest assured that there are many people like myself that are insanely grateful for everything you give to us, whenever it may come. Thank you!

"Alright, that's it, remove the sticky, we're done here."

This had me VERY worried also

Yeah, don't worry about that, that was more about the sticky, but thinking back about it I think the sticky is not the main source of exposure.

This is mod is one of my new favorites. It looks gorgeous! I'm a sandbox only player so game breaking isnt a big deal to me.

Seriously, amazing work here. I can't wait to mess with the editor for it and make atmospheres everywhere.

11231816_10206523650880419_3021325394898081870_o.jpg

Edited by -ctn-

Blackrack, This is an amazing piece of work. Thanks for making it, and I wish you luck on your current workload and hope you find enough time and motivation to continue to work on this outstanding mod.

?id=449301382?id=449299013

I've recently installed Scatterer and I have been experiencing this map bug. When I'm on a mission below around 13 km this blue cover is over the planet map. It only covers the light side, not the dark. When I move the screen quickly, the blue cover moves for a second (as shown in the screenshot). Can anyone help?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=449301382 http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=449299013

I've recently installed Scatterer and I have been experiencing this map bug. When I'm on a mission below around 13 km this blue cover is over the planet map. It only covers the light side, not the dark. When I move the screen quickly, the blue cover moves for a second (as shown in the screenshot). Can anyone help?

This is a known bug described in the first post of this thread under "Known issues of newest version".

I tried doing a search here in the thread but couldn't find my answer... How does one use the config tool to make atmospheres for say, Duna or Eve? I mean, I see the config .xml file and it opens and I see text values and stuff, but the OP shows some program running the config file so you can edit/see settings in real time. What program am I supposed to be opening this xml with? Unity? Sorry!

blackrack if you can find a bit of time for that, I think it would help if the "known bug" section of the main post more detailed and explained in a more simple and straightforward way, with the frequently duplicated bug reports on top.

blackrack if you can find a bit of time for that, I think it would help if the "known bug" section of the main post more detailed and explained in a more simple and straightforward way, with the frequently duplicated bug reports on top.

What do you mean exactly? I think it doesn't get simpler than "effect is covering up the planet in map view", plus, no one reads the OP anyway.

I tried doing a search here in the thread but couldn't find my answer... How does one use the config tool to make atmospheres for say, Duna or Eve? I mean, I see the config .xml file and it opens and I see text values and stuff, but the OP shows some program running the config file so you can edit/see settings in real time. What program am I supposed to be opening this xml with? Unity? Sorry!

You just download the config tool linked in the OP, the link is at the end of the post.

Edited by blackrack

no one reads the OP anyway.

I share your disappointment in the lack of OP reading. I deal with the same issues in threads.

My advice would be to move the "Known issues" section just over the DL link. Since most users go straight for the link they skip the middle of the post where that section currently is. I would also remove the mods DL from any other source (CKAN, KerbalStuff?) for now, but that s me.

And thanks for doing this. I have been drooling in front of the various Proland demo for while and it is awesome to see that in KSP :)

What do you mean exactly? I think it doesn't get simpler than "effect is covering up the planet in map view", plus, no one reads the OP anyway.

You just download the config tool linked in the OP, the link is at the end of the post.

Right, somehow I missed have skipped over it or something, as I don't recall seeing the link there. Sorry for the annoyance! Thanks for the clarification.

Is it possible to disable the effect in Map view? I mainly need it due to abovementioned bug. I'm completely lost while flying a plane, and I still have no scansat map on this shiny new PC that handles ksp at 60fps.

read the dev blog and read how they redoing shaders for the unity update to unity 5 and noticed they redoing shaders. hopely it doesnt make to much more work for black and dotn make him have to rewrite large parts of the shader lol.

read the dev blog and read how they redoing shaders for the unity update to unity 5 and noticed they redoing shaders. hopely it doesnt make to much more work for black and dotn make him have to rewrite large parts of the shader lol.

My shaders already work the same in unity 5, I doubt I have to do much work at all unless they change lots of stuff in the game logic itself.

Is it possible to disable the effect in Map view? I mainly need it due to abovementioned bug. I'm completely lost while flying a plane, and I still have no scansat map on this shiny new PC that handles ksp at 60fps.

I'm doing this when I get some free time.

It is released...

I mean, like, out of early development when it's not WIP. It still looks amazing even now.

When scattered goes into full release will it have clouds for all the planets? Once all the bugs are sorted out someone HAS to make a pack with Scatterer, Clouds, Arouras, and weather. So like Scatterer + the best visual pack EVER made. This mod deserves the best.

I mean, like, out of early development when it's not WIP. It still looks amazing even now.

When scattered goes into full release will it have clouds for all the planets? Once all the bugs are sorted out someone HAS to make a pack with Scatterer, Clouds, Arouras, and weather. So like Scatterer + the best visual pack EVER made. This mod deserves the best.

I guess the name 'scatterer' means the mod only adds the scatterer shader. I'm not the dev though, maybe he/she wants to expand his mod into a more general visual revamp. Or maybe merge it with another mod.

I guess the name 'scatterer' means the mod only adds the scatterer shader. I'm not the dev though, maybe he/she wants to expand his mod into a more general visual revamp. Or maybe merge it with another mod.

I wouldn't like to see it merged, just included in visual packs.

I'm just showcasing some shots of the next version of KSPRC (Eve+TR+Kopernicus+DOE+PS) + Scatterer mod (just out of the box, without config modifications for the moment).

Do not confuse the environmental effects (EVE) with the Scatterer mod (which provides atmospheric scattering effects). ;)

I'm just showcasing some shots of the next version of KSPRC (Eve+TR+Kopernicus+DOE+PS) + Scatterer mod (just out of the box, without config modifications for the moment).

Do not confuse the environmental effects (EVE) with the Scatterer mod (which provides atmospheric scattering effects). ;)

Must install.... MUST INSTALL!!! That pic of Laythe looked... Just wow.

Please post more pics! I feed upon them!

Originally the mod was just for atmospheric scattering effects but I'm already working on including some of the other stuff in Proland because it's relatively easy since I have most of the framework set up. Ocean shaders are halfway done (check around page 38-40 for a sneak peek) but they had issues with moving around and I haven't worked on them since then because they took too much time. I don't think I will be able to do forestry though.

Anyway, I don't plan on merging the mod with any other mods, but I'm trying to make it compatible with EVE and then anyone can include it into a visual pack if they want to.

Edited by blackrack

Do you mean forestry with physics?

I guess that if you use random number generator with same seed each time their (maybe per save?) position would not change so that no potential physics clipping on reload would occur.

This may have a great potential in replacing or supplementing stock terrain scatters

is okay he will be fixed soon

is okay he will be fixed soon

Had to remove due to me doing a Laythe colonization project (lots of planes involved; need to navigate) but yay I'm glad to hear that. I will be adding back the instant I can navigate planes with this installed.