[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

I apologize if this has been answered before, but any news on when this is going to be updated for Ckan to use?

I think it would be on CKAN as soon as it's ready to use in normal gameplay: that is, not for a long while. But I'm not blackrack, so I don't know.

To answer your question: No there is not any news on that.

I apologize if this has been answered before, but any news on when this is going to be updated for Ckan to use?

Scatterer-0.151 is already indexed in CKAN, but it's marked for 1.0.2 exclusively. I skimmed the thread to see if it's 1.0.4-compatible but didn't find a clear answer/consensus.

So from here: If blackrack releases a version for 1.0.4 on KerbalStuff it'll be automatically indexed, or if one of the CKAN team/contributors see a clear consensus that it's 1.0.4 compatible then Scatterer-0.151 can be adjusted to allow installs to 1.0.4.

blackrack ok ok ok my dear dark mate were is that magical new Scatterer-Eve compatibility version ?!?!?!? many ppls will like to set hand on that & start make eye explode from soo many beutifuuuuuuul pixel :) gieeef to us our preciosssss mod (goooluuum voice)

p.s. Proot, Rbray, Pingopete i will need a litle tip how to convert old setting from EVE to EVE Overhaul ?!?!?!?! & i mean not redirect thing from Clouds to Atmosphere (that easy part) ... is about all code what in old Eve what are complete diferite ... sadly in alt + e menu not have + button for a new layer what was epic :D (sorry for set this question here in stead in Rbray treath)

cheer & thx for nice work

Edited by Blacks

Something looks completely off in your screenshots, do you have exposure set right?

I do not like the default settings. Too foggy.

I changed the values for most of the parameters.

Pictures are a bit dark because the sun is low on the horizon.

Edited by Flef

Does this look like a good temporary solution for the orbital view?

http://i.imgur.com/RcSeeHF.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/VRaY90b.jpg

Edited: Also, no more z-fighting and weird stuff at high altitude as well as a smooth transition to soupy ocean level.

Looks great!! Absolutely beautiful! With cubes being used for the rendering now, they can be applied to the scaled space meshes, the layer updated, and values scaled to match the scale ratio. Is this what you are doing now? This will allow multiple bodies to be handled much more easily :)

What I'd probably suggest is adding a PQSMod to handle the Macro<->Scaled transition.

Looks great!! Absolutely beautiful! With cubes being used for the rendering now, they can be applied to the scaled space meshes, the layer updated, and values scaled to match the scale ratio. Is this what you are doing now? This will allow multiple bodies to be handled much more easily :)

What I'd probably suggest is adding a PQSMod to handle the Macro<->Scaled transition.

I'm actually still only using the cube method for the PQS and then I fade it out for a simpler version of the sky shader with additive blending applied to the scaledspace mesh, looks good enough and I disabled all the silly stuff I used to do (extending the PQS view distance and the camera's clipping planes). I haven't given the postprocessing shader a new try with the scaledspace meshes but I assume it'll look just as flat as the last time I tried it. What's a PQSMod? Anyway, your cube method for the postprocessing is pure genius :)

Edited by blackrack

A question of blackrack/rbray89: Is it possible to have the effects of your mods auto-disable when in map mode and reenable when returning to vessel view?

I fixed the old issue where the effect completely covers up the planet but there will also be an option to disable effects in mapview in the next version.

Edited: here's 2 more somewhat neat orbital shots

C45gRNh.jpg

WpyuvvF.jpg

Edited by blackrack

I'm actually still only using the cube method for the PQS and then I fade it out for a simpler version of the sky shader with additive blending applied to the scaledspace mesh, looks good enough and I disabled all the silly stuff I used to do (extending the PQS view distance and the camera's clipping planes). I haven't given the postprocessing shader a new try with the scaledspace meshes but I assume it'll look just as flat as the last time I tried it. What's a PQSMod? Anyway, your cube method for the postprocessing is pure genius :)

Ah, ok. Makes sense... PQSMod is a class you can extend and attach to the PQS. It has callbacks and whatnot for when the PQS is enabled/disabled etc. It creates a more OO flow, and perfect for things like this.

- - - Updated - - -

A question of blackrack/rbray89: Is it possible to have the effects of your mods auto-disable when in map mode and reenable when returning to vessel view?

This is planned, though not for next version of EVE.

I fixed the old issue where the effect completely covers up the planet but there will also be an option to disable effects in mapview in the next version.

Edited: here's 2 more somewhat neat orbital shots

http://i.imgur.com/C45gRNh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/WpyuvvF.jpg

Something looks much, much better than the current version here. Is it the glow at the edge of the atmosphere? Anyway, that looks amazing. What a nice birthday present.