[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

I uploaded a quickfix version (fixes pink objects) to KerbalStuff. I can't fix mapview right now because I'm on a short break from work and just wanted to end the endless flood of the same bug report/complaint.

TBH It sems to be necessary to post quick fixes to the front page for common bugs, and refresh the known issues list, so people dont post the same error, and wait for the same fixes over over and over again. I know that this should not be necessary, but this is really getting out of hand.

If people aren't reading the previous page I frankly doubt they're even reading the OP.

Edited by blackrack

The solution is about ten pages back (find it before developers got mad).

By the way, may be it's a shame to confess... but I cannot find the description of the fix in the title post (so many letters...)

For everyone getting the pink missing textures thing just download an old version of scatterer and stick the "replacement shaders" folder into the new version, that should fix it for now. This will get you back to the old low-res terrain, if you don't want low-res just don't replace any of the shaders that have PQS in the name.

Old version refers to 0.014. :)

The solution is about ten pages back (find it before developers got mad).

By the way, may be it's a shame to confess... but I cannot find the description of the fix in the title post (so many letters...)

I was only joking, the fix works fine :)

It seems like it is trying to render with the scatterer on Duna but instead I get a bunch of hexagonish artifacts that seem to be the Duna scatter.

It works perfectly on Kerbin, haven't been to any other planets like Eve yet.

duna.jpg

It seems like it is trying to render with the scatterer on Duna but instead I get a bunch of hexagonish artifacts that seem to be the Duna scatter.

It works perfectly on Kerbin, haven't been to any other planets like Eve yet.

http://s30.postimg.org/6exktomdt/duna.jpg

Scatterer only supports kerbin right now but the coloring on some of these artifacts look like something scatterer could cause if you mess with the scale settings. Soemthing really weird is happening, but if you're going to report a bug like this better first disable all the other mods.

I really do want this mod to work for me but it seems as though it just doesn't seem to want to make things pretty for me.

I am currently running the latest distro for Linux mint Rebecca amd64. The previous self fix of downloading an old version and using the replacement folder to fix pink textures never did work for me. (This was before the hotfix) Now that the hot fix is out the loading animation of spinning planets in the bottom right corner is a big pink box that just says loading, and there are large rings in the atmosphere running parallel with east-west. Did not manage to make it in to the VAB to check for pink parts before removing the mod. Hope there is another fix soon.

Still lots of work to be done here.

8ef2wYF.jpg

reflected light off: http://i.imgur.com/oEUmTzF.jpg

The normals buffer is causing extreme banding due to 16bit precision, also the normals direction is off (should be solvable) and the effect needs lots of tweaking. So far really not satisfied with the results.

I really do want this mod to work for me but it seems as though it just doesn't seem to want to make things pretty for me.

I am currently running the latest distro for Linux mint Rebecca amd64. The previous self fix of downloading an old version and using the replacement folder to fix pink textures never did work for me. (This was before the hotfix) Now that the hot fix is out the loading animation of spinning planets in the bottom right corner is a big pink box that just says loading, and there are large rings in the atmosphere running parallel with east-west. Did not manage to make it in to the VAB to check for pink parts before removing the mod. Hope there is another fix soon.

Try the forceOFF aniso button for the rings. Does anybody read anything these days?

Edited by blackrack

Try the forceOFF aniso button for the rings. Does anybody read anything these days?

I would love to try that, but there are no options for any type of configuration GUI. I've installed blizzys tool bar to see if your config applet needed that to show, still no dice.

Much appreciated. Maybe I should emphasize more that so far, the only pink texture has been the loading animation (spinning planets).

The loading animation pink bug has been there for a while and it doesn't really take away from the game so I'll fix it later on. If you don't have any pink parts/buildings it means the fix is working.

Edited by blackrack

Both Alt+F10 and Alt+F11 shortcuts seem to collide with those of other mods, thus I can't access Scatterer's settings currently. Any way to configure those shortcuts, or have access to the settings through some UI button in the future?

The spinning planet pink bug has been there for a while and it doesn't really take away from the game so I'll fix it later on. If you don't have any pink parts/buildings it means the fix is working.

Was just about to edit my previous post... right now, in the flight scene the altimeter, the staging indicator, and the g-force meter needle turned pink. I think it happened when I toggled the UI off and back on again for screenshots reloaded the flight.

And another confirmation, this time for Sput42's observation. Alt-F10 conflicts with Contract Configurator, while Alt-F11 opens the ModuleManager UI. Luckily there's the possibility to edit the config files directly.

Edited by Corax
X happens on reload

Ah, and I wanted to mention: Any shaders we use with KSP, we should use Unity4 to compile. I have had issues trying to use shaders compiled in Unity5 with KSP. Should of course go away when the port to Unity5 is done :)

Well, at least the mountains are getting this nice lighting effect and the banding is gone.

fPtKK1X.jpg

By the way, are there any mods that improve kerbin's textures or the scaled space object's look?

Was just about to edit my previous post... right now, in the flight scene the altimeter, the staging indicator, and the g-force meter needle turned pink. I think it happened when I toggled the UI off and back on again for screenshots reloaded the flight.

And another confirmation, this time for Sput42's observation. Alt-F10 conflicts with Contract Configurator, while Alt-F11 opens the ModuleManager UI. Luckily there's the possibility to edit the config files directly.

I'll add modifiable shortcuts. Can you test with 0.14 and report on whether or not you get the same issues with pink stuff? Also, try testing with no other mods.

Ah, and I wanted to mention: Any shaders we use with KSP, we should use Unity4 to compile. I have had issues trying to use shaders compiled in Unity5 with KSP. Should of course go away when the port to Unity5 is done :)

I always compile with unity 4 anyway.

Edited by blackrack

Well, at least the mountains are getting this nice lighting effect and the banding is gone. http://i.imgur.com/fPtKK1X.jpg

By the way, are there any mods that improve kerbin's textures or the scaled space object's look?

Nice! looks great!

Texture replacer allows one to change the Scaled Space textures. My terrain/scaled space shader does some additional stuff as well. I plan to add other goodies into it as well, such as eclipse and cloud shadows.

Nice! looks great!

Texture replacer allows one to change the Scaled Space textures. My terrain/scaled space shader does some additional stuff as well. I plan to add other goodies into it as well, such as eclipse and cloud shadows.

Are there any good packs up? Btw cloud shadows would definitely be amazing.