[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

4 hours ago, blackrack said:

Did you download the newest version I uploaded today?

Fix is in the last page, I'll put it in the OP. I haven't rolled out a proper fixed version yet because I want to finish something first.

The link for the fix is dead for me. It says the file is not available anymore :(

19 hours ago, Speadge said:

@Columbia

Do you run Linux or WIndows?

i think those screens have been posted before - perhaps you can find similar reports from page 90+ with a fix.

For just beein on windows, i have to drop here for helping, sorry

I run Mac. 10.10, Yosemite -- 64bit.

19 hours ago, blackrack said:

Could you try increasing or lowering m_resolution like Djolox suggested?

I tried, it doesn't seem to do much. 

Here are my mods, if you need it:
BDArmory
Burn Together
Camera Tools
Infernal Robotics
No Offset Limits
Scatterer
Take Command 
and VesselMover.

Thanks! :) 

Okay, so I found something:

When it's zoomed close to the water, the textures appear, in a small radius, and only if the camera is facing directly toward it.

Kl6kipu.jpg

K1t6P0N.png

19 minutes ago, selfish_meme said:

Anyone know the key combination in Linux for the UI, it used to not work in anything but DX11 is that right?

Alt + F11 doesn't work?

Edited by Columbia

1 minute ago, Columbia said:

Okay, so I found something:

When it's zoomed close to the water, the textures appear, in a small radius, and only if the camera is facing directly toward it.

lt + F11 doesn't work?

Nope, but alt isn't the mod key for Linux, however right-shift f11 does not work either. I am unsure whether the ui works at all in opengl. I do know not to apply settings in opengl.....

4 minutes ago, selfish_meme said:

Nope, but alt isn't the mod key for Linux, however right-shift f11 does not work either. I am unsure whether the ui works at all in opengl. I do know not to apply settings in opengl.....

Ohhh. I see.

And.. After a few flights, Scatterer seems to disable itself -- Ocean disappears, sky is on the default KSP sky and the menu is like this:

6MtMUA2.png

Then after a revert to the editor and another flight, Scatterer is back again:

RzREHNB.png

36 minutes ago, selfish_meme said:

I can also confirm the key bindings do not work in Linux.

Left ALT + Function causes desktop related menus to appear.

KSP uses MODIFIER_KEY within settings.cfg and has the following set in Linux by default:

MODIFIER_KEY
{
    primary = RightShift
    secondary = None
    group = 0
    modeMask = -1
    modeMaskSec = -1
}

Other things to note:
Modifier + F12 = KSP Debug/Cheat menu (as we all know)
Modifier + F11 = ModuleManager Menu
Modifier + F10 = will be perfect for us Linux folk (I think)

4 hours ago, Deadpan110 said:

I can also confirm the key bindings do not work in Linux.

Left ALT + Function causes desktop related menus to appear.

KSP uses MODIFIER_KEY within settings.cfg and has the following set in Linux by default:

MODIFIER_KEY
{
    primary = RightShift
    secondary = None
    group = 0
    modeMask = -1
    modeMaskSec = -1
}

Other things to note:
Modifier + F12 = KSP Debug/Cheat menu (as we all know)
Modifier + F11 = ModuleManager Menu
Modifier + F10 = will be perfect for us Linux folk (I think)

Might be something on your DE.  I'm on Mint 17.2 cinnamon and Alt+F11 works fine for me.  

Edited by raath

I am adjusting the configs to make them work with the "Toy Solar System" mod ( 1 / 10th scale). Its coming along nicely but

On EVE there are two major problems I am trying to get rid of.

Is there a way to get rid of those lines and MAYBE the (in this case) purple Sidebars?

Open the spoiler to see the Screenshot (I hate pic spam in forums, hopefully you do too, appreciate this and do it yourself in the future! :) )

Spoiler

6ICOb29.png

Thanks a lot !

-Mil

Edited by million_lights

2 hours ago, million_lights said:

I am adjusting the configs to make them work with the "Toy Solar System" mod ( 1 / 10th scale). Its coming along nicely but

On EVE there are two major problems I am trying to get rid of.

Is there a way to get rid of those lines and MAYBE the (in this case) purple Sidebars?

Open the spoiler to see the Screenshot (I hate pic spam in forums, hopefully you do too, appreciate this and do it yourself in the future! :) )

Hide contents

6ICOb29.png

Thanks a lot !

-Mil

How are you adjusting the heights? Through the config tool or through the new UI scale settings?

In any case I don't have any solution for these yet, all sorts of artifacts appear when you make the atmo about 3x higher than default or more, my current Duna config also look pretty awful and has plenty of problems like that. If you're doing this through the UI I'd suggest giving the config tool a try, not sure if you'd get any better results though.

9 hours ago, Samapico said:

The link for the fix is dead for me. It says the file is not available anymore :(

Seems to work fine:  https://mega.nz/#!3cJ2jJjQ!rurSNC9jildjOmDOcOv5RGpwly6IJniMrIguJoDeF6Q

1 hour ago, McPoisoned said:

The ocean shaders are just way too good:

You just wait, I'm working on makin waves interact with ships.

Edited by blackrack

1 hour ago, blackrack said:

looking forwar do see that with wind >17 and AMP > 7

would that mean ships will be able to "sink" lower that Sealevel, cause some of your wavesettings create so big waves, that i am almost floating in the whole between them as the sea between the waves sinks drastically.

1 hour ago, blackrack said:

All of this, in my face, right now!!!!1 XD 

In the mean time I've tried everything you've suggested @blackrack but I'm still getting these strange green triangular artefacts coming down from the horizon, they are in 1.0.4 and 1.0.5 now... The only way they disappear is if I set the oceanrenderqueue to 3000 or really close to that; for example at 2500-2990 they still appear. The sea looks weird when it's up at 3000 though.

Strangely they only appeared when I got up in altitude to 50% cfgpoint1. I tested this multiple times and tried to see any settings that changed massively between the two points. Again sorry if this is more useless noise, but I've not seen anybody else with this green triangle thing. I knew I was asking for trouble running it in 1.0.4, and 64-bit, but I thought you'd like to know I see the same thing in 1.0.5 :( Peace man x

1 minute ago, visivante said:

Not sure if EVE or Scatterer is causing this, but I'll post these images to the EVE thread as well. 

In the last couple versions of Scatterer/EVE I've started seeing this:

jl4Upr4.jpg

7eoTF0I.jpg

I believe that is a EVE issue, I had just EVE installed and it would do that from time to time.

1 hour ago, Space Cowbuoy said:

In the mean time I've tried everything you've suggested @blackrack but I'm still getting these strange green triangular artefacts coming down from the horizon, they are in 1.0.4 and 1.0.5 now... The only way they disappear is if I set the oceanrenderqueue to 3000 or really close to that; for example at 2500-2990 they still appear. The sea looks weird when it's up at 3000 though.

Strangely they only appeared when I got up in altitude to 50% cfgpoint1. I tested this multiple times and tried to see any settings that changed massively between the two points. Again sorry if this is more useless noise, but I've not seen anybody else with this green triangle thing. I knew I was asking for trouble running it in 1.0.4, and 64-bit, but I thought you'd like to know I see the same thing in 1.0.5 :( Peace man x

I have these too - I managed to find two ways to make them go away. Turn off atmospheric PostProcessing (yeah, kinda beats the purpose of having the mod) or force d3d11.

Anyway, this is one of the best mods I have ever seen and used. The oceans look so damn good I hardly ever go to space anymore.

43 minutes ago, Deutherius said:

I have these too - I managed to find two ways to make them go away. Turn off atmospheric PostProcessing (yeah, kinda beats the purpose of having the mod) or force d3d11.

Thanks for the suggestions @Deutherius really appreciate the help! Yeah, I'd noticed toggling post processing got rid of it too but like you say why do that lol? :) At least it leaves the ocean shaders if I'm really desperate ha! 

As for using dx11 I don't have a problem doing that I haven't tested it yet myself [so far in testing on using dx9] and I'll give it a go. Only thing is have you noticed any bugs or glitches arising from using dx11? Some people on here have been saying it's more unstable with scatterer than 9. Peace bro x

2 hours ago, Speadge said:

looking forwar do see that with wind >17 and AMP > 7

would that mean ships will be able to "sink" lower that Sealevel, cause some of your wavesettings create so big waves, that i am almost floating in the whole between them as the sea between the waves sinks drastically.

Yes, they will sink way below sea level and rise way higher. That is the reason I've been reluctant to put windy or rough seas as the default setting and put the tamest one as default, because otherwise you'd be floating between them all the time, this is what I'm trying to address now.

2 hours ago, Space Cowbuoy said:

Hi, could you please test in dx11 and see if this persists? Also try without EVE and see if they go away or not, this might help me determine the cause.

Edited: didn't notice there was a new page.

1 hour ago, Itsdavyjones said:

I believe that is a EVE issue, I had just EVE installed and it would do that from time to time.

1 hour ago, Itsdavyjones said:

True enough, but it rules out scatter as the cause.

It's a scatterer issue I believe, fix is to go into the files CompiledSkyScaled.shader , CompiledSkyExtinction.shader , CompiledAtmosphericScatter.shader CompiledAtmosphericScatter24bitdepth.shader and replace "IGNOREPROJECTOR"="true" with "IgnoreProjector"="True"

Unity keeps messing up these tags after each shader recompile. Please report back if this fixes it.

2 minutes ago, Space Cowbuoy said:

Thanks for the suggestions @Deutherius really appreciate the help! Yeah, I'd noticed toggling post processing got rid of it too but like you say why do that lol? :) At least it leaves the ocean shaders if I'm really desperate ha! 

As for using dx11 I don't have a problem doing that I haven't tested it yet myself [so far in testing on using dx9] and I'll give it a go. Only thing is have you noticed any bugs or glitches arising from using dx11? Some people on here have been saying it's more unstable with scatterer than 9. Peace bro x

Most of the dx11 issues now have workarounds, the only big issue is an aliased line along the horizon. Funny thing is I now play exclusively in dx11 and 64bit and it's much more stable than anything else.

Edited by blackrack

23 minutes ago, blackrack said:

Hi, could you please test in dx11 and see if this persists? Also try without EVE and see if they go away or not, this might help me determine the cause.

Hi back at you man :) Did the test. Removing EVE didn't help with the green jaggies, but running in dx11 did remove them. However the post processing layer, the ocean layer and the edges of landmasses especially [interplay between sea and sky shaders?] have begun to flicker like crazy in dx11. There was some flickering before when moving the camera, but moving the camera or zooming now causes serious flickering especially at high altitude. Everything else, as far as I can tell, is working great.

BTW: I was also having the weird halo over Kerbin [which I thought best not to complain about ha] and those new files you provided cleared that up quick smart, good stuff!! x

EDIT: Oh my stars, flickering aside, it looks so convincing; can't compliment you enough.

EDIT 2: Did anyone disclose the settings for the ocean shader as seen in the OP screenshots? It reminds me of the sea in Empire TW and I want it!! :) 

Edited by Space Cowbuoy
question for the room