[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

Is there any way I could use scatterer to create a haze? http://imgur.com/LCWAU9T

This just doesn't feel right to me, or look good underneath the near solid cloud layer. In the earlier days, scatterer had too much scattering, and made it look kind of foggy in the distance - is it possible for me to replicate an extreme version of that here?

Edited by lagcity613

On 25.4.2016 at 10:11 AM, sashan said:

Btw, I've found what causes "tsunami" bug, i.e. ocean out of position. Zooming in in IVA camera, then switching back to EVA. Ocean becomes misplaced, and camera FOV doesn't revert to normal.

On 25.4.2016 at 3:12 PM, Bombaatu said:

I've run across this as well. If you jump back into IVA and zoom back out to the original level (this is tricky; it has to be precise), the ocean returns to normal.

You can also press backspace in IVA to reset the camera.

So... I got a real job with a major software company, I didn't do great in all the technical questions but apparently making and maintaining a mod like this is a huge selling point.

Thanks for everyone who supported me and supported scatterer over the past year, it means a lot to me.

I will be back with more neat stuff once things settle down.

1 minute ago, blackrack said:

So... I got a real job with a major software company, I didn't do great in all the technical questions but apparently making and maintaining a mod like this is a huge selling point.

Thanks for everyone who supported me and supported scatterer over the past year, it means a lot to me.

Congratulations. Yeah, it's called experience and some (sadly, not all) companies make a really big deal out of it. :)

7 minutes ago, blackrack said:

That's awesome! Congrats!

1 hour ago, blackrack said:

Awesome! You deserve it. Thanks for making all of our lives a little prettier. :D

Congrats man! You definitely deserve it :) And take your time the real world always needs to come first.

Congrats! I hope this doesn't cut into your modding time *too* much :wink:

2 hours ago, blackrack said:

You deserve it, for sure. I'm genuinely happy! And kinda proud of you! :D You are not just good in your tasks, but also a great person!
Congrats and cheers @blackrack! I wish you the best of the lucks in your new path.

4 hours ago, blackrack said:

Well done.

Good on ya.

Like the others, if you have time it will always be great to have any of your work.

Cheers.

8 hours ago, blackrack said:

With this mod, it's logic you draw attention!

Congratulation for your job and thank you for your mod, it push KSP in 2016!

On 26/04/2016 at 9:59 PM, blackrack said:

Praise the sun!

.....though, am I the only one quietly wishing to see your profile change to Squad Staff?

:D

Good luck man.

On 26/04/2016 at 10:59 PM, blackrack said:

Félicitation :)

Wow! I installed Scatterer and based on a few pics I was expecting some improved visuals, but when the KSC scene opened, it totally blew me away...

1vJxbWR.jpg

Kudos to the dev, this is one amazing mod! This goes into my "must have" mods list from this day forth.

Getting some very weird visuals with Scatterer. Noticed them in 1.1 at times and they're still there in 1.1.1.

screenshot102.png

So far I've noticed it around the Mun and Minmus, not around Kerbin and Duna. Haven't looked around other bodies yet but this suggests it only affects bodies without an atmosphere.

Log doesn't show anything to indicate an error, but Scatterer is rather chatty.

14 hours ago, jwenting said:

Getting some very weird visuals with Scatterer. Noticed them in 1.1 at times and they're still there in 1.1.1.

screenshot102.png

So far I've noticed it around the Mun and Minmus, not around Kerbin and Duna. Haven't looked around other bodies yet but this suggests it only affects bodies without an atmosphere.

Log doesn't show anything to indicate an error, but Scatterer is rather chatty.

Double press MMC, alwas happens when zooming in IVA then switching to ext view