[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

If you read back the last page, you would see SVE does not work with the latest update. Use the version packaged. I package it for a reason. So even if there is an update you have a version to play with. I will have a version of SVE out soon that includes the latest scatterer. 

Thanks. I did read back a bit but obviously missed that.

@JadeOfMaar Good lord what skybox is that... that is beautiful...

Also @blackrack, have there been any updates to the config tool or will the exported files work correctly in the most recent release? My old configs seem to have some unusually bad artifact at the horizon after installing your newest update. Well, worse than what it was :P - looking at the .cfg files it appears as though there's a new variable called 'mapExposure' in newer configs? I'm more curious about the .half files though, if I'll need to rebuild them.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

1 hour ago, Avera9eJoe said:

@JadeOfMaar Good lord what skybox is that... that is beautiful...

Also @blackrack, have there been any updates to the config tool or will the exported files work correctly in the most recent release? My old configs seem to have some unusually bad artifact at the horizon after installing your newest update. Well, worse than what it was :P - looking at the .cfg files it appears as though there's a new variable called 'mapExposure' in newer configs? I'm more curious about the .half files though, if I'll need to rebuild them.

Pics? The config tool should still be fine. However the new cloud terminators don't work well with thin atmospheres.

31 minutes ago, blackrack said:

Pics? The config tool should still be fine. However the new cloud terminators don't work well with thin atmospheres.

Hm, I have thinner than normal atmospheres but I don't think the problem was cloud layers there was a dark bar across the horizon just above water level when I first installed. I was busy with Kopernicus terrain (still am, will be for a while) and so I just quickly installed to see if it worked, took note, and then got back to Kopernicus. Also all my clouds where pitch black... I know it's already been mentioned and I don't want to hop into a conversation that's already being discussed though :P Just want to mention that I had it too.

5 hours ago, SmarterThanMe said:

Hey. Apropos of nothing. Is your forum icon thing animated changing from red to grey or am I having a stroke?

xD yes it's animated now. I might make it shine lightly instead if it would be less annoying?

1 hour ago, Barcel said:

I am getting obnoxius amount of lag when using newest scatterer (0.0300, with SVE) when in system map view, like a 1s stutter every 2s.

Can someone tell me how to download previous version? Can't find it neither here, nor in github.

Find scatterer on spacedock.info and press changelog, it will give you all the versions.

14 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@blackrack @Galileo So... trying out Scatterer with a skybox. Maybe I processed the images bad (DXT1 since Alpha's not needed) but the skybox gets a hard cutoff before the sunrise /morning terminator arrives. It fades in alright but it doesn't fade out.

This is just how the game handles it, scatterer has nothing to do with it.

I have a weird issue. I just updated all my mods through CKAN, and my computer just melted down, short freezes, sound stuttering, and CKAN refused to close down. I tried it again, updating a few mods at a time, and everything went fine until I got to Scatterer. The same meltdown happened, even when I tried to uninstall Scatterer. Help anyone?

44 minutes ago, fsxthai said:

I have a weird issue. I just updated all my mods through CKAN, and my computer just melted down, short freezes, sound stuttering, and CKAN refused to close down. I tried it again, updating a few mods at a time, and everything went fine until I got to Scatterer. The same meltdown happened, even when I tried to uninstall Scatterer. Help anyone?

Revert to the old version until SVE updates http://spacedock.info/mod/141/scatterer/download/0.0256

1 hour ago, blackrack said:

Revert to the old version until SVE updates http://spacedock.info/mod/141/scatterer/download/0.0256

I don't use SVE or EVE. The only other gfx mods I use is PlanetShine.

EDIT: I'm still on old version, I physically can't update because CKAN and my computer melts down and it just loads infinately.

Edited by fsxthai

11 minutes ago, fsxthai said:

EDIT: I'm still on old version, I physically can't update because CKAN and my computer melts down and it just loads infinately.

Have you tried installing it manually?

12 minutes ago, fsxthai said:

Then that sounds like a Ckan problem not a scatterer problem. I would go ask on that thread. They can provide more assistance. or just install manually

Edited by Galileo

12 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Then that sounds like a Ckan problem not a scatterer problem. I would go ask on that thread. They can provide more assistance. or just install manually

I just thought since this problem only happens when installing/uninstalling Scatterer I just figured I'd post it here to be sure.

22 minutes ago, fsxthai said:

I just thought since this problem only happens when installing/uninstalling Scatterer I just figured I'd post it here to be sure.

Yes but developers of mods have nothing to do with ckan. It is run by its own developers, so if something doesn't work in ckan, they are the ones to ask

Does anyone know what hardware specs one needs to get this thing running smoothly? My rig has the following specs:

GTX 4GB 970

24GB RAM

Core i7

SSD 500GB

My system can barely cope with KSP running this addon. I checked the memory and it is using a whopping 10GB. In conjunction with this add on i am using SVE at High Res. Everything runs smoothly without scatterer.