[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

2 hours ago, blackheart612 said:

Well, stuff happened, partially due to playing other games, I'll likely update things on my own thread so to keep it on topic, got to play ArmA for a bit and beauty struck me, craved for heat haze from turbine exhausts. Immediately thought of implementing it, realizes it's post process and requires a plug-in, so I asked here. :P 

It doesn't HAVE to be post process. You could do it as normal mapped particles. You might have to do your own shader for that but it wouldn't require a plugin and would be less work

Away from my gaming PC for a few days but really looking forward to trying out the update for this.
Always in awe of guys who give of their own time to make quality mods for others to enjoy - so genuine thanks for that!

Haven't seen confirmation in the thread or changelog - does this new update solve the sinking physics problem too?

Pure selfish on my part - I hate turning off your ocean effects when I know I have a 'splash down' mission.

Well done again - your work improves my Kerbal gaming experience immensely!

regards

7 hours ago, evileye.x said:

I remember BahamutoD's video with engine heat haze

Yeah this one; 

[Edit] I'm not sure if you could contact Bahamutod (Paolo Encarnacion) in some other fashion, or if they'd be willing to part-with/donate what they had for that though, hopefully?

Edited by NoMrBond

12 minutes ago, NoMrBond said:

Yeah this one; 

[Edit] I'm not sure if you could contact Bahamutod (Paolo Encarnacion) in some other fashion, or if they'd be willing to part-with/donate what they had for that though, hopefully?

I remember he said there were issues with it, a version might be able to be done with Real Plume

11 minutes ago, selfish_meme said:

I remember he said there were issues with it, a version might be able to be done with Real Plume

The passgrab filter grabpass shader was not working with the terrain but that was because something was getting accidentally zeroed in the shader and he'd managed to fix it (according to their last post anyway).

If KSP got updated to Unity 5.6.x its new particle system includes support for it (particles with normals etc), Roverdude and JPLRepo have been obliquely hinting at 5.6.x but until that happens, hopefuly Bahamutod and Blackrack can work something out (and it still works)?

I just updated to new version (scatterer-0.0320b) and my sky turned very, very blue. Is there some way to tone this down? It's never been so bright in previous versions. Also, the ocean seems to be gone entirely. I'm running with RSSVE/RSS in case that makes a difference. Thank you.

3 minutes ago, Observe said:

I just updated to new version (scatterer-0.0320b) and my sky turned very, very blue. Is there some way to tone this down? It's never been so bright in previous versions. Also, the ocean seems to be gone entirely. I'm running with RSSVE/RSS in case that makes a difference. Thank you.

The cfgs for RSSVE will need to be tweaked. The structure of the cfgs has changed. It's not an issue with scatterer, but not updated cfgs. You will probably have to wait for RSSVE to update

Edited by Galileo

7 minutes ago, Galileo said:

The cfgs for RSSVE will need to be tweaked. The structure of the cfgs has changed. It's not an issue with scatterer, but not updated cfgs. You will probably have to wait for RSSVE to update

I see. Thank you for letting me know. I guess I'll revert to the older version with the "floating tile" issue. I might mess around with the RSSVE configs to see if anything looks obvious to my untrained eye.

3 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

I just released v0.7 of Spectra, adding a new scatterer feature that Blackrack added with this version - non-atmospheric glow compatibility. :) Thank you so much Blackrack!

Wait, non-atmospheric glow compatibility? DOWNLOADING!

1 hour ago, Rodger said:

Any hints as to what settings to mess with to fix this? Using the new scatterer with SVE 1.2.4.1 on mac. Or better to just wait for an SVE update @Galileo? (also, no idea what's up with the sun flare, looks like a dds-not-working-on-mac thing still)

Ctbai6w.png

Also in map view:

http://i.imgur.com/HZLiSGh.png

Flip the alternate sqrt switch in the main menu settings.

To be honest, this is the first time that I can add scatterer and still have passable fps ...

Thank you.

Edit:

Does it have a reason that the lightning flashes are kinda dark blue?

Edited by Gordon Dry

btw I found exceptions with scatterer, perhaps something with

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at scatterer.RefractionCamera.OnPreCull () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

or

[Scatterer] Volumetric clouds error on planet: KerbinSystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at scatterer.SkyNode.mapEVEvolumetrics () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Are these serious or just to be ignored?

Edit:

are these the lightnings? :D

Edited by Gordon Dry

2 hours ago, Galileo said:

Lightning flashes?

@Gordon Dry might mean this sort of thing. It's more a rapid change of brightness experienced with the EVE clouds. That example is from KSP 1.1.3, and I can see how these might get coloured with the current Scatterer and EVE cloud integration. Or it might be from PlanetShine if that's installed.

And the current water effects are just gorgeous! I could go swimming in that all day.