[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

That eyecandy is delicious! Seriously, it looks like a whole new game. I hope my video card is up to the challenge.

Are the clouds in the first pic from EVE or part of Scatterer?

The clouds in the first pic are indeed from EVE.

I'm still not entirely convinced that those oceans aren't photoshopped in from real life..

You'll be convinced enough when they're running on your install.

Uhm so when you say please stop reporting pink objects, do you mean it will be fixed eventually? Because the current version still has them, for me. OpenGL, on Linux x64

No, he meant everyone else stop reporting them. :confused:

Seriously though dude, issue #2 on the known issues. scatterer is not currently OpenGL friendly, artifacts are common and will be common for a while.

You'll be convinced enough when they're running on your install.

Ah, if only that were now.

While I am here, can I ask if the version of EVE we should be using for the most compatibility would be the 7.4 EVE from CKAN or the WIP-EVE from the WIP-EVE thread?

I'm sure EVE and Scatterer are going to have to walk hand in hand, there's no possible way you can do that to the ocean and not have new textures for the land! It's all looking very nice. Now maybe someone else wants to tackle the proland trees :P then we can clip through entire forests!

I'm sure EVE and Scatterer are going to have to walk hand in hand, there's no possible way you can do that to the ocean and not have new textures for the land! It's all looking very nice. Now maybe someone else wants to tackle the proland trees :P then we can clip through entire forests!

By this point, are we trying to integrate at least 75 percent of that whole planet renderer (joke, I doubt it's anywhere close to 75%).

Will this ocean reflection be blocked by clouds?

Will it be possible to cause a similar reflection from other celestial light sources, such as moons?

Blocked by clouds, no.

Similar reflection from moons is possible but it's not implemented right now.

By this point, are we trying to integrate at least 75 percent of that whole planet renderer (joke, I doubt it's anywhere close to 75%).

It'll take a real miracle to integrate the terrain renderer or the trees but with everything else I'd say we have about 40-50% of it.

I'm using a stack of graphics mods for ksp, EVE, Interstellar, GEMFX and while scatterer looks fantastic when I'm in the lower atmosphere Kerbin looks much better without scatterer (thanks to interstellar and GEMFX). Is there any way to set scatterer up so the effect fades as you gain altitude? I'd basically like scatterer to be switched off by the time I get to low orbit and to be in full effect by the time I'm in lower atmosphere.

Blocked by clouds, no.

Similar reflection from moons is possible but it's not implemented right now.

It'll take a real miracle to integrate the terrain renderer or the trees but with everything else I'd say we have about 40-50% of it.

If you were magical and suddenly integrated Proland, would there be any substantial benefits from the integration? We have the atmosphere scattering and the water now, do we really need the trees or should we just improve the current scatter? I'm curious about your opinion.

If you were magical and suddenly integrated Proland, would there be any substantial benefits from the integration? We have the atmosphere scattering and the water now, do we really need the trees or should we just improve the current scatter? I'm curious about your opinion.

The current terrain is rather unnatural so having a better terrain generator would definitely help a lot, also, the trees and forests would take kerbin to a completely new level so yes, there'd be substantial benefits from the integration. Keep in mind the water isn't ready yet though, it still has huge issues.

I'm using a stack of graphics mods for ksp, EVE, Interstellar, GEMFX and while scatterer looks fantastic when I'm in the lower atmosphere Kerbin looks much better without scatterer (thanks to interstellar and GEMFX). Is there any way to set scatterer up so the effect fades as you gain altitude? I'd basically like scatterer to be switched off by the time I get to low orbit and to be in full effect by the time I'm in lower atmosphere.

There isn't one right now but there will be a setting in the next version to do that.

Edited by blackrack

so here's a little close-up:

Do you seriously want to say that this isn't a KSP capsule in CryEngine??? :P:confused: My first reaction was the f word, and I don't use it almost at all. I'm worldess, man.

When are you going to release? The bugs you've fixed now were the most annoying.

Edited by sashan