[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

5 minutes ago, Jimbodiah said:

http://dasher.nl/kerbal/output_log.txt

Only red line in the debugger is an entry for Laythe (didn't know which planet it was replaced by, so left it in).

It seems like you don't have a PlanetsList.cfg file in the config folder or it's badly formatted. Check again.

Edited: Also, what happens when you press Alt+f10 in flight? What appears in the UI?

Edited by blackrack

Alt-F10 says Planet loaded: false

Spoiler

scattererCelestialBodies
{
    Item
    {
        celestialBodyName = Earth
        transformName = Kerbin
        loadDistance =50000000
        unloadDistance = 100000000
    }
    Item
    {
        celestialBodyName = Mars
        transformName = Duna
        loadDistance = 50000000
    }
    Item
    {
        celestialBodyName = Laythe
        transformName = Laythe
        loadDistance = 50000000
    }        
    Item
    {
        celestialBodyName = Jupiter
        transformName = Jool
        loadDistance = 50000000
    }

Item
    {
        celestialBodyName = Venus
        transformName = Eve
        loadDistance = 50000000
    }
}

render24bitDepthBuffer=true        //renders a 24 bit depth buffer, gets rid of artifacts that appear in opengl and directx11 between the 60-160km altitudes, will not take effect in dx9 as it's not needed.
forceDisableDefaultDepthBuffer=false    //increases performance but may causes issues with EVE and other mods, don't use this if you're using directx 9 or if you're not using the 24 bit depth buffer

Post a screen of the UI, but yeah this is weird.

Try 

Item
    {
        celestialBodyName = Earth
        transformName = Kerbin
        loadDistance =50000000
    }
    Item
    {
        celestialBodyName = Mars
        transformName = Mars
        loadDistance = 50000000
    }

And rename the folders Kerbin to Earth and Duna to Mars.

24 minutes ago, blackrack said:

I think that mod may be renaming the planets to something weird or changing something else. No idea what's going on, I'll have to check it later.

If you need help with this stuff, let me know. I've finally got a loading system in-place that addresses mods that rename bodies (have to use their new names).

2 minutes ago, rbray89 said:

If you need help with this stuff, let me know. I've finally got a loading system in-place that addresses mods that rename bodies (have to use their new names).

15 minutes ago, Jimbodiah said:

OK, thanks... Never had much luck with the real solar systems for some reason, glitchy as hell to land on Jupiter moons etc.

Alright, let me just finish up what I have now first. RSS/planet mods haven't really been a priority for me so far.

I love EVE with Scatterer on the stock system, my only wish is to fly in a real solar system without all the extra sizes or the RO packs as I love the real planets and their RSS textures and flying real rockets with mods like SSTU/FASA/SpaceX. If you guys could make a config for S^3 and RSS than I think a lot of people would be happy. RSS itself look so fake with just the plastic textures, there is no depth or realism.

4 minutes ago, Jimbodiah said:

I love EVE with Scatterer on the stock system, my only wish is to fly in a real solar system without all the extra sizes or the RO packs as I love the real planets and their RSS textures and flying real rockets with mods like SSTU/FASA/SpaceX. If you guys could make a config for S^3 and RSS than I think a lot of people would be happy. RSS itself look so fake with just the plastic textures, there is no depth or realism.

Check out RVE, it's a fairly gorgeous visual pack for RSS and I know pingopete has been experimenting with Scatterer as part of it.

Just now, Jimbodiah said:

Did a clean install for RVE; crashes on startup every single time.

- RVE
- EVE files
- Kopernicus
- RSS 10.4...
- RSS textures
- assets9 file to KSP_Data

Get rid of that asset9 file, put the stock one back in, and do without the sunflare for now.   This was causing 1.0.4 RVE not to load on 1.0.5 for me.

PS: Probably the wrong thread to ask about RVE/RSS installs :P

Edited by Chris P. Bacon

35 minutes ago, Jimbodiah said:

Did a clean install for RVE; crashes on startup every single time.

- RVE
- EVE files
- Kopernicus
- RSS 10.4...
- RSS textures
- assets9 file to KSP_Data

As I've said before I'm not a psychic, post relevant scatterer errors or take this to the RVE thread.

30 minutes ago, TaintedLion said:

I installed this and it won't work for me. I have EVE installed with Avg's cloud pack, but it still won't work. I have tried both CKAN and installing manually.

Post symptomps, try without any other mods.