[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

2 minutes ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

That works, but windowed mode gives a window the size of my monitor, so a bit of the bottom is cut off.  I'll see if I can work around that, though.

If you can find a way to use borderless fullscreen that should fix all your issues.

What can I say?  Performance is good even on my laptop, there's a bit of slow down at high altitude looking straight at the ocean (funny enough, isn't that the complaint people always had with it?) but otherwise I get a sweet, sweet 60 fps.  For those wondering and want to compare, it's a 6700HQ, 8GB (as if that matters) and a GTX 970M, resolution is 1080p.

50DBD807E8EE1BD7995C7815C81EF9928A95639A

Edited by Hyomoto

4 minutes ago, SkyKaptn said:

48393470B2E8A5EF1291F6C3BE40CE9F1DD95BDFHere's the waves on Laythe:

I've had this happen occasionally but it usually goes away after reloading the scene. Could you try that? Also get closer, is that the stock ocean or transparent gaps?

Also, what is that thing in the sky?

Hmm..... I seem to be the only one experiencing this as I'd except to see it come up by now but for some reason the stock ocean on Laythe isn't being disabled... Any thoughts?

Spoiler

21 minutes ago, SkyKaptn said:

Laythe looks a bit strange. Flat waters with some waves in a different color on top of it.

JK, I can read, others are getting it as well :P

5 minutes ago, blackrack said:

If you can find a way to use borderless fullscreen that should fix all your issues.

@Mad Rocket Scientist make this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP64.exe" -popupwindow

the shortcut to your ksp executable (rename KSP64.exe to ksp.exe or whatever your executable is)

2 minutes ago, SkyKaptn said:

Yes, it happenes after reloading the scene too. Looks like stock ocean yes. That thingy in the sky is Jool with sun behind it.

Here is a better picture from daytime where the color differences are more clear:

F2C4AC7145C94D6EC54E8BF280B32D13D3CEAA87

Is this SVE?

5 minutes ago, SkyKaptn said:

Yes, it happenes after reloading the scene too. Looks like stock ocean yes. That thingy in the sky is Jool with sun behind it.

Here is a better picture from daytime where the color differences are more clear:

F2C4AC7145C94D6EC54E8BF280B32D13D3CEAA87

I think you better disable the clouds on Jool now because they're obviously drawing on top of the scatterer atmosphere, until me and rbray work out a way to organize the draw queues of clouds and atmospheres on different planets to match each other.

Also, are you using some kind of mod that replaces the stock ocean? Something with Kopernicus perhaps?

Btw that image is still kinda beautiful in a weird way.

Also, are you guys downsampling your screens? Because it's seems like I get more aliasing around scatterer effects.

Edited by blackrack

Just now, blackrack said:

I think you better disable the clouds on Jool now because they're obviously drawing on top of the scatterer atmosphere, until me and rbray work out a way to organize the draw queues of clouds and atmospheres on different planets to match each other.

Also, are you using some kind of mod that replaces the stock ocean? Something with Kopernicus perhaps?

Just EVE and Scatterer

3 minutes ago, gkorgood said:

@Mad Rocket Scientist make this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP64.exe" -popupwindow

the shortcut to your ksp executable (rename KSP64.exe to ksp.exe or whatever your executable is)

The target in the properties of my shortcut now says this: C:\1_0_5_KSP\KSP_win\KSP.exe -popupwindow

4 minutes ago, blackrack said:

Also, are you guys downsampling your screens? Because it's seems like I get more aliasing around scatterer effects.

A limitation of Steam's screenshot system. The pics are a mere 150-170kB. In addition, when using openGL the anti-aliasing is disabled.

8 minutes ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

The target in the properties of my shortcut now says this: C:\1_0_5_KSP\KSP_win\KSP.exe -popupwindow

are you on windows? i don't know file hierarchies in linux/OSX but windows needs to have quotes around the address, while the options go outside the quotes, like this:

"C:\1_0_5_KSP\KSP_win\KSP.exe" -popupwindow

3 minutes ago, gkorgood said:

are you on windows? i don't know file hierarchies in linux/OSX but windows needs to have quotes around the address, while the options go outside the quotes, like this:

"C:\1_0_5_KSP\KSP_win\KSP.exe" -popupwindow

I don't know, but it's working.  I think the properties menu removes the quotes.

Only visual mod that I have is scatterer so There can't be any conflicts, this has to do something with scatterer. I get weird lines on the water when I get close, anti-aliasing the higher the bug gets worse!

zkr4g6S.jpg

P.S. I hope the link works, I am a total noob. If it doesn't let you to click the link just mark it and click "go to web address"

Edited by Djolox